Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stealing A Conversation (583)

Quote Originally Posted by Icefiyre View Post
    Didn't we already have a wild Officer Jenny (Marble from DP059 "Luxray Vision!") and a Chatot (Already seen in two episodes: AG183 "Strategy Tomorrow - Comedy Tonight" and DP033 "All Dressed up with Somewhere to Go"). I mean if it was a Pokemon that wasn't seen in the anime yet I wouldn't be complaining as much, but this just sounds so much like a filler, screaming almost.
    Maybe, however I do believe more time was needed for Chatot to be seen in an episode, and we've seen in the past that pokemon DO appear more than once in episodes.

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    * Pikachu's Iron Tail in this episode was performed just how Pachirisu did it in the last episode.
    Pachirisu never used Iron Tail...

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I worded that wrong. What I meant to say was Pikachu's Iron Tail was used in a simmilar fashion to how Pachirisu used Super Fang.

As an episode with a Chatot in, I wasn't looking forward to this at all. However, I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be one of the best fillers in a long time (barring the Rotom one, of course)!
    Loved the constant bowling metaphors, and during the Chatot's captivity, he was mis-naming TR, very similar to another member of a TR gang (who I absolutely love). I think Biff (I mean Bill! Or is it Barry?) and Cassidy are the named TR at large in the Whirlpool Islands.

The one thing that was missing though was the pun 'split'. I.e. TR's mecha is slashed: Oh no! We'd better split!

Do the Robot!

The Jenny got one great badass look =p and the chatot is just awesome
    hope i will understand it more later when it will be dubbed
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I just saw this episode. I have to say, it seemed very interesting. Now we know how Officer Jenny got Chatot! I also liked the Jenny and Chatot combo as well!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

BEST JENNY EVER!

She didn't seem as incompetent but she makes up for it with being cool, she
    jumped of her motorcycle, flipped, and landed on it! While it was still moving!!!

Her bowling people was pretty cool too, although in the flashback, it looked
    like she was trying to kill that guy. You don't throw a bowling ball at someone's
    spine unless you're trying to paralyze them permanently.

I also learned the Pokemon has regular crooks, yet they don't have to
    sense to use guns or Pokemon and expect to get away on foot.
    FC - 4339-3819-1503
    Safari Type is Bug

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpachi View Post
    I also learned the Pokemon has regular crooks, yet they don't have to
    sense to use guns or Pokemon and expect to get away on foot.
    Well, if it were 4Kids, they would have invisible guns.

This was a pretty interesting episode. I like how the Officer Jenny here was different from others. The encounter with the chief was a bit humerous, as was literally bowling people down. Overall, I liked the episode, but it probably won't go down as one of my all-time favorites.

Now being reposted!

I'd had good moments, but It was kind of boring.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

For anyone who doesn't know, Jenny's scene with the crook who said she was out of balls was an obvious reference to the movie Dirty Harry.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I find it a boring and pointless filler episode, even though Jenny and Chatot as partner was the only thing that was interesting. That's all I could say about this episode.

Haha, this was a pretty good episode. This was such a wild Jenny alright.

"Ash Ketchum, you're under arrest." I gotta Roftcopter when Jenny said that. XD
    Brock's flirting didnt ended up crushed by Croagunk this time. Pretty cool.
    Man, is Jenny a good bowler or what.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Anyone else notice she said she was going to the Whirl Islands?

Interesting turn of events...

The only wild thing about Jenny were her plans of using Ash, Dawn, and Brock as decoys. It was nice to see Chatot actually get a decentbepisode since its debut episode wasn't that enjoyable. I can't say this was a really good episode but it had some funny moments in it.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Simply an ok filler. Not much I had to comment on other than the cool use of Featherdance and how weird it was for Jenny to have that obsession with bowling balls.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

my favorite part of the episode is wend Chatot started pecking Brock wend Crogunt look like he was going poison jab him.

Of course Meowth wants to send Chatot to the boss. There's nothing Giovanni likes better than talking pokemon!
    FRIEND CODES
    3265-5772-9903
    Diamond Version ~NatDex 493 Owned COMPLETE~
    0174-3499-2232
    Silver Version ~NatDex 493 Owned COMPLETE~

Wishvee eggs giveaway. Check online status to ensure trade.
        Spoiler:- Trade Offerings:

Spoiler:- Trade Requests:

Trades re-open. Plz inc FC and Time Zone w/ request. I am EST Zone

The worst DP filler IMO it was just horribly boring and i am one of those fans who like every single episode but this one was one of very few i will never watch again. 2/10

It was funny how Ash thought they took pikachu when it was really chatot. This wouldn't be the first time he thought TR took pikachu when it was someone else. Meowth can have sick fantasies about Giovanni...
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

okay since the two already listed what I thought about the episode (Ash you're under arrest or whirl islands) I would like to pinpoint out a cameo I saw. During the scene with Jenny being interviewed, a character from another show was there!

Izzy the interviewer?

Oh ho and Brock went a little innuendo on Jenny saying he go wild for her and Chatot thrashes on him. Chatot was a little bit of a joker also. I liked today's episode (or tonight since I just recently watched it on television on Direct TV) consisting some plot points that were well executed. Jenny sure knows how to bowl her way out of the alley!

To me this was the best filler episode of this series, there were just so many LOL moments.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    To me this was the best filler episode of this series, there were just so many LOL moments.
    I couldn't agree more! I really wasn't expecting much, but it was very enjoyable. Top filler.
    “Heroes take journeys, confront dragons, and discover the treasure of their true selves.”

This episode was pretty funny. I enjoyed watching this episode. One of the best fillers IMO.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

Jenny is transfered to the whirl islands..could this be foreshadowing headed to joh- *SHOT*

Other then the joke.. it was standard filler which was absolutly odd. lol Not seen a really odd episode of pokemon is a long time lol. Makes me wonder what chatot said to jessie and ajems's names in the japanese version.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

A decent episode! It didn't knock your socks off, but it was entertaining nevertheless.

There was only one motif which bothered me a bit, because it keeps turning up again and again: By now, Team Rocket's cheapest traps like plastic hands or simple nets shouldn't pose a threat to Pikachu anymore. I mean, we're expected to consider Pikachu one of Ash's strongest Pokemon, aren't we? How can it be that it is still helpless when it's caught in said plastic hands or nets? What about simply destroying the rubber hand with Iron Tail (because it doesn't conduct electricity) and the nets with Iron Tail or Thunderbolt? Writers, please stop making Ash or his Pokemon look like newbies every once in a while. That's inconsistent.

But what I really liked and enjoyed were Jenny's great and almost heroic lines, for example when she swore to rescue her best buddy Chatot even if it were the last thing in her life or when she tricked the criminal and Team Rocket in believing that she had another ball. Great! Man, that sounded so damn cool. Once again a character who reminds me of my "Queen of Coolness and Epicness" Cynthia!

Did you notice those short two scenes in which Team Rocket philosophized about the "life" and the unfair treatment of bowling pins? Those lines were just hilarious and the icing on the cake! I particularly like those moments when it shows through that Pokemon wants to convey profound thoughts as well.:-)

All in all, a standard episode (I prefer "standard ep." to "filler" because it sounds less pejorative) with several awesome moments.

6.5 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast