Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 95

Thread: Making the game harder - Ingame challenges

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    68

    Default

    lol there should be a bidoof mode where you can only battle using bidoofs. lol (btw this means hm slaves are still an option, you just cant battle with them)

  2. #27
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceEgg View Post
    lol there should be a bidoof mode where you can only battle using bidoofs. lol (btw this means hm slaves are still an option, you just cant battle with them)
    My God. I think I'd shoot myself before playing that mode, I hate Bidoof with a vengance. It would be a challenge though.
    PASBL Trainer level one. Wins:4 Losses:0 Draws:0 KO's:3 TP:8 SP:0
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyPokemon View Post
    Alternatively, you can drug her and stare at whatever you like as long as you want. Your choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLegend View Post
    PS: Somebody sig this...

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Telephone.
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    I have an idea.

    A mode where you cannot use moves that directly hurt the foe. You must use moves like Leech Seed, Wil-O-Wisp, and Counter to wear them down. It would use a lot of PP and probably get annoying real fast.
    Blurg.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemaster001 View Post
    done, every game, very easy

    I only really ever have a team of 3 before the main legend, so I pretty much do that too

    I want to catch them, do you expect me to lose half of the legendaries for a F***ing challenge?

    no, I pretty much do that, not completely but mostly, minus the pokeballs, I can't do that, I want to "catch em all" as the first season wanted me to do

    boo, where's the variety, I'm only training two pokemon extra, not 5, besides, there's only so many early pokemon

    no, I only catch pokemon once, minus shineys, and I only catch each shiney once, not doing THAT waste of time, how will I survive without my starter?

    so, it's not the best ideas you have there, but they seem fun to some
    I think you're missing the point of the challenge. It's not for your normal, relaxing, play as you would normally play game.. It's a challenge.
    Stop whining about it.



    I mostly do the no-evolving one now, but just because I like the way the pre-evolved forms of my pokemon look best xD; I let my eevee evolve into glaceon 'cause it's pretty, and Drifloon evolve so it could fly me around, though.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    *insert bad joke here*
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChapperIce View Post
    I think you're missing the point of the challenge. It's not for your normal, relaxing, play as you would normally play game.. It's a challenge.
    Stop whining about it.
    I do have challenges, the point I'm making is I'm not going to have such a hard time completing the game instead of completing the game normally, it's not like I'm just going to re-set my game and start all over again or anything. I'm saying that the challenges are too challenging for me, so stop whining about me whining about it
    Quote Originally Posted by [Super_Fjord] View Post
    Legendary- play through game without saving. (Means no using Underground and no using PCs. Until the end of the game where it saves after you beat the Elite Four.)
    PCs don't save, they show you the storage of your pokemon
    where'd you get the idea PCs save for you
    Last edited by pokemaster001; 1st March 2009 at 5:05 PM.
    my FC is 2064 8570 2074m but I don't do a lot of Wi-Fi stuff
    I am a semi-grammar nazi, yet I have a habit of Capitalizing words that don't need to be Capitalized.
    I wait in the depths for the return of the Non-Competitive Trainer's Hangout Ultimate Journey. Time is not important.
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    As for breeding; unless you chain-breed max IVs onto a pokémon, you're basically throwing darts with a blindfold on at a dart board that isn't there.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemaster001 View Post
    PCs don't save, they show you the storage of your pokemon
    where'd you get the idea PCs save for you
    It's an easy mistake to make; they do save when you change box.
    PASBL Trainer level one. Wins:4 Losses:0 Draws:0 KO's:3 TP:8 SP:0
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyPokemon View Post
    Alternatively, you can drug her and stare at whatever you like as long as you want. Your choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLegend View Post
    PS: Somebody sig this...

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Recife - Brazil
    Posts
    0

    Default

    PC saved @ the 1st gen games when u changed boxes... so hes not entirely wrong...
    Char, The Charizard

    (((AAML - I Belive)))

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    undr ur bed
    Posts
    396

    Default

    When I get Platinum, my challenge to myself will be to use only one type to beat the gyms and Elite 4.
    I'm working on finishing my DP Pokedex...I have 490. : D!

    Word.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    the southeast
    Posts
    39

    Default

    The birthday challenge: (warning - may require a little thinking)
    Use a team based on your birth date. I was born on Feb. 19th, 1990, so my team could be something like this this.


    Ivysaur for the month, Rattata for the day, Slowking for the year, Shellder for the year again (variety is the spice of life), Magcargo for the month and day together, and Ponyta, because 1990 was the Year of the Horse. You could substitute your current age or a sign from the Western zodiac, too. I'm currently 19, so that would give me another Rattata, and I'm a Pisces, so I could use a fish Pokemon.

    So, if your birthday was on April 26, 1989, you might end up with a team like

    where the Pokemon follow the previous pattern, and the Tauros means you were born under Taurus.


  10. #35
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    What about beating the game with only a Ditto? Or a Shedinja? Smeargle?

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemaster001 View Post
    I do have challenges, the point I'm making is I'm not going to have such a hard time completing the game instead of completing the game normally, it's not like I'm just going to re-set my game and start all over again or anything. I'm saying that the challenges are too challenging for me, so stop whining about me whining about it
    What's the point in posting in this thread if you have nothing constructive to add? Go away.


  11. #36
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    What about beating the game with only a Ditto? Or a Shedinja? Smeargle?

    What's the point in posting in this thread if you have nothing constructive to add? Go away.
    I've put a single pokemon challenge in the first post, which covers all the "use only pokemon x" challenges. They're good fun, although playing through the game with only Shedinja would be crazy! I can't even imagine trying that, major kudos to anyone who can manage it.
    PASBL Trainer level one. Wins:4 Losses:0 Draws:0 KO's:3 TP:8 SP:0
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyPokemon View Post
    Alternatively, you can drug her and stare at whatever you like as long as you want. Your choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLegend View Post
    PS: Somebody sig this...

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ohio.
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Singles Elite four run: You may only use ONE pokemon to face the elite four. No potions, revives, or heals are allowed. That can go under legendary or intermediate.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Hmm...How about "slot mode?" Where every evolutionary stage counts as a slot, and you can only have six slots total? Like, an Infernape or anything similar would be three slots each, so you could have two stage two(second evolution) Pokemon, three "middle" Pokemon, or six unevolved Pokemon. Of course, you could mix-and-match, too, with one three-slot, one two-slot, and one one-slot Pokemon.

    Also, a one-stage Pokemon's slot status depends on their overall power; i.e., Dialga/Palkia/Rayquaza/anything else in that category would be three slots, something along the lines of Heracross would be two, and Pachirisu would be one.

    Best thing about this, though, is that you can personally customize it without changing the overall premise of the challenge, you can make it harder or easier on yourself as you see fit.


    Kanto Starters Unite!

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    I live in...I'm hungry.
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phatcat203 View Post
    Hmm...How about "slot mode?" Where every evolutionary stage counts as a slot, and you can only have six slots total? Like, an Infernape or anything similar would be three slots each, so you could have two stage two(second evolution) Pokemon, three "middle" Pokemon, or six unevolved Pokemon. Of course, you could mix-and-match, too, with one three-slot, one two-slot, and one one-slot Pokemon.

    Also, a one-stage Pokemon's slot status depends on their overall power; i.e., Dialga/Palkia/Rayquaza/anything else in that category would be three slots, something along the lines of Heracross would be two, and Pachirisu would be one.

    Best thing about this, though, is that you can personally customize it without changing the overall premise of the challenge, you can make it harder or easier on yourself as you see fit.
    Thats is one the best ideas I've heard. In fact I think I might just try that.



    foxyman1167 made this. Its purdy ain't it?
    If you want one pm foxyman1167

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    pacifica
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phatcat203 View Post
    Hmm...How about "slot mode?" Where every evolutionary stage counts as a slot, and you can only have six slots total? Like, an Infernape or anything similar would be three slots each, so you could have two stage two(second evolution) Pokemon, three "middle" Pokemon, or six unevolved Pokemon. Of course, you could mix-and-match, too, with one three-slot, one two-slot, and one one-slot Pokemon.

    Also, a one-stage Pokemon's slot status depends on their overall power; i.e., Dialga/Palkia/Rayquaza/anything else in that category would be three slots, something along the lines of Heracross would be two, and Pachirisu would be one.

    Best thing about this, though, is that you can personally customize it without changing the overall premise of the challenge, you can make it harder or easier on yourself as you see fit.
    I'm gonna do this one along with "hardcore" when I get platinum. 8D
    "ummmmmmmm... iono" FC: 0215 7280 7375
    record: 1W-2L


    (O_O) so different...

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Single pokemon mode sounds like a good challenge, might do it if I get platinum

  17. #42

    Default

    with platinum i will do the no trade challenge.
    No transfering over pokemon from my pearl game untill the E4 is beaten.
    My fave five ->
    Honerable Mentions (Chespin)
    FCs
    P-3481 4763 9492
    Pt-
    HG-
    Black-060490132483

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ayeeprill View Post
    I also enjoy the "Weak Powerhouses" challenge. I catch a couple of pokes everyone considers "weak". For instance, in Sapphire, I used Skitty; and in Diamond, I used Buneary (and never evolved it) and Pachirisu. All three of these, with some hard work, became amazing. They held their own in the E4 at levels 55-60.
    Lolz, Weak Powerhouses. I normally use Pokemon that aren't strong anyway (I used Pachirisu, Lopunny and Drifblim for my Diamond in-game team).

    Quote Originally Posted by phatcat203 View Post
    Hmm...How about "slot mode?" Where every evolutionary stage counts as a slot, and you can only have six slots total? Like, an Infernape or anything similar would be three slots each, so you could have two stage two(second evolution) Pokemon, three "middle" Pokemon, or six unevolved Pokemon. Of course, you could mix-and-match, too, with one three-slot, one two-slot, and one one-slot Pokemon.

    Also, a one-stage Pokemon's slot status depends on their overall power; i.e., Dialga/Palkia/Rayquaza/anything else in that category would be three slots, something along the lines of Heracross would be two, and Pachirisu would be one.

    Best thing about this, though, is that you can personally customize it without changing the overall premise of the challenge, you can make it harder or easier on yourself as you see fit.
    That's a cool idea!

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lifesharker View Post
    Legendary- play through game without saving. (Means no using Underground and no using PCs. Until the end of the game where it saves after you beat the Elite Four.) (credit to [Super-Fjord]
    Love it. Haha awesome idea. Could waste quite a bit of power leaving your DS on the charger however.

    You could make challenges even harder by mixing them together. Would be pretty cool.
    Pearl
    Current Status: About to battle Cynthia!
    Current Team: Level 89Level 89
    Badges: 8

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I plan on sending over some basic level 1's from my Pearl when I get Platinum, and doing Mono-type. People say Bug-types suck, I'll pwn the Elite Four with a nice party of them. Scyther, Scizor, Venomoth, Ninjask, Heracross, and Yanmega.

    I think a UU challenge would be cool. Only use Pokemon in the UU tier to beat up to the Elite Four.
    I use My favourite pokemon, and I don't care about what pokemon are good or not. If you agree then copy and paste this into your sig(Started by BlazikenBud)

    Copy and paste this into your sig if you think that BUG and GRASS pokemon aren't given the respect they deserve in the games!

    I don't use "uber" Pokemon,I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    4

    Default

    this sounds awsome! im going 2 try the one where u just use one type and after just one species of pokemon never evolving it! i think im going 2 do fighting type and teddursa

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    wait she's your daughter?!
    Posts
    36

    Default

    I play no-running all the time. Have since Yellow. I once died because I refused to run away from a Graveler while training my Voltorb. He was the only thing in my party.
    (Man I miss Yellow...my team on it OWNED!!!)

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alenagirly View Post
    this sounds awsome! im going 2 try the one where u just use one type and after just one species of pokemon never evolving it! i think im going 2 do fighting type and teddursa
    The monotype challenge? I've always wanted to do that, but I'm stuck with one DS so I can't trade over eggs to a restarted game. However my brother wants to buy the DSi when it comes out (April in Australia) so yay! =]The Scramble Challenge also sounds fun, but it'd be funner if I had access to trading.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Across the universe
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Interesting. I might try "No Evolution Mode" someday. I planned to do the "Single Pokemon Challenge" before but I didn't do it. :P

    How about "HM Only" mode where only HM moves can be used. Bibarel would be useful for this.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visual View Post
    Interesting. I might try "No Evolution Mode" someday. I planned to do the "Single Pokemon Challenge" before but I didn't do it. :P

    How about "HM Only" mode where only HM moves can be used. Bibarel would be useful for this.
    What about before you get the HMs, and what if the Pokemon can't actually learn the HMs???

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •