Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Making the game harder - Ingame challenges

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario_Dragon View Post
    I am going to do a solo pokemon run (riolu) and was wondering what i should do for double battles. Do i use an HM slave or what?
    You can play 2:1 if you only hold riolu at the time (I believe it works this way). But many are ones that if you talk to them or be seen individually, you can fight in 1:1.
    Platinum FC: 5241 7799 4194

Thanks Eastlight. That answers my question. Cannot wait to get started.

Come to think of it, I think the "must 2:2 battle npcs" (little kid twins etc) will ignore you when you only have one pokemon. I think that is what happened when I was playing GS, and I'm sure it will be same in 4th gen.
    Either way, you won't have any trouble advancing through the story arc with one pokemon.
    Last edited by Eastlight; 8th April 2009 at 10:56 PM.
    Platinum FC: 5241 7799 4194

Quote Originally Posted by Eastlight View Post
    Come to think of it, I think the "must 2:2 battle npcs" (little kid twins etc) will ignore you when you only have one pokemon. I think that is what happened when I was playing GS, and I'm sure it will be same in 4th gen.
    Either way, you won't have any trouble advancing through the story arc with one pokemon.
    There weren't any 2v2 battles in GSC. Even the twins only used one pokemon at a time, they just always had 2 pokemon.
    PASBL Trainer level one. Wins:4 Losses:0 Draws:0 KO's:3 TP:8 SP:0
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyPokemon View Post
    Alternatively, you can drug her and stare at whatever you like as long as you want. Your choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLegend View Post
    PS: Somebody sig this...

Considering I'll have HM slaves with me, they will fight. I had a thought though and this is what I am going to do:
    Get a pokemon with both protect and detect and switch between them both. This means that my solo pokemon will have to do the fighting and will be the only one to take damage.

Considering I'll have HM slaves with me, they will fight. I had a thought though and this is what I am going to do:
    Get a pokemon with both protect and detect and switch between them both. This means that my solo pokemon will have to do the fighting and will be the only one to take damage.

I have two more ways to make the game harder. The first is to only use pokemon whose natures are hindering- it's hard to get them strong enough to beat the gym leaders but at a level where they still listen to you!

The second is to pick one nature to have your team be. I'm currently using a quirky team and I'm trying to find one last impish pokemon to re-take on the elite 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Melar View Post
    I have two more ways to make the game harder. The first is to only use pokemon whose natures are hindering- it's hard to get them strong enough to beat the gym leaders but at a level where they still listen to you!
    No, it isn't. Only traded pokemon won't obey you. If you can be bothered to raise a pokemon caught on your version to a ridiculous level before getting any badges (say 60), it'll still obey you regardless IIRC (not that I've ever done that, but on single pokemon runs I've had pokemon in the forties well before getting the badge that makes all pokemon up to level 50 obey you, and they still did).
    Alternatively, you can drug her and stare at whatever you like as long as you want. Your choice.

Character Solo
    Time Challenge
    Low Level Challenge

It doesn't get any harder than this, though I've never seen or heard of a Pokemon LLG.

I actually did the single-pokemon challenge on Silver with Typhlosion before I understood the method of making a team.

In the end, I had a Lv. 81 Typhlosion with these moves:

Flame Wheel
    Thunderpunch
    Flamethrower
    EQ

Wasn't too hard, really.

You have been Claytonated

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkami View Post
    Singles Elite four run: You may only use ONE pokemon to face the elite four. No potions, revives, or heals are allowed. That can go under legendary or intermediate.
    i did that with a blastoise in blue, my first time playing and i was a complete noob so the concept of me training other pokemon slipped my grasp..
    kept running out of pp by Lance though, only managed to complete it when my blastoise was lvl 86 lol
    pearl scramble challenge:

completed.

Pokemon Black team in the making.

^^ My favorite challenge when I get bored: Survivalist challenge. Pokemarts are forbidden. You have to survive off what you find on the ground/what is gifted to you, at least until you get to the pokemon league. Really makes you plan, and makes catching legendaries a paaaaaaiiiiiin.

O.o I like the idea of a nature challenge...

How about this:

Gotta train em' all!: Essentially you always have a team of 6, and as soon as you see a new pokemon, you drop one for it. Can be done in conjunction with Hardcore mode. When a pokemon faints, just swap it.

I'm doing this on my FireRed and Diamond, except I don't always swap, but I am rotating my team.

Paul style challenge: Only use pokemon with a type disadvantage against the gym leaders. EX: On my Diamond team, I have Prinplup/Bibarel/Staravia/Kadabra/Roselia, so the only pokemon I can use against Roark is Staravia, which I did actually, and won. =0 Then for Gardenia, I can only use Prinplup/Bibarel.
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 30th May 2009 at 5:53 PM.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I like these. They're cool. I will definitely try the one where you can't run from battles. I run a lot.
    Steel Monotype Challenge

Lv. 21 (Mimi), Lv. 20 (Kohai) Lv. 21 (Bozu)

Spoiler:- Current Challenges:

[IMG]http://i37.*******.com/263bu38.png[/IMG] <(Credit goes out to Darkrai00 for making this)

Quote Originally Posted by Rad3n View Post
    Character Solo
    Time Challenge
    Low Level Challenge

It doesn't get any harder than this, though I've never seen or heard of a Pokemon LLG.
    The single Starly challenge 20 levels below with first 4 attacks obtained No Items!. xD

On a more serious note, I would love playing the game utilizing the strategy rather than "omg im higher level than you, pwn"

20 levels below elite 4 / gym leaders sounds good, with only the 4 four attacks learned can be used. 3-5 pokes would be fun

Quote Originally Posted by AyameHikaru View Post
    ^^ My favorite challenge when I get bored: Survivalist challenge. Pokemarts are forbidden. You have to survive off what you find on the ground/what is gifted to you, at least until you get to the pokemon league. Really makes you plan, and makes catching legendaries a paaaaaaiiiiiin.

O.o I like the idea of a nature challenge...
    You forgot pokemon centers

To theclaytonator

0.0 I did the same thing! My typlosion is at that lv right now!!
    Last edited by Competitive5910; 2nd June 2009 at 1:42 AM.
    By me

How about a run where a Pokemon can only use one move?
    If it runs out of PP, it's basically fainted.

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    Paul style challenge: Only use pokemon with a type disadvantage against the gym leaders.
    Me likey. I'll put it in the first post.

A challenge I did was only take one pokemon with you through battles~_~' It was pretty hard but my Starmie was pretty tough :-)
    BLINK-182-----SUMMER TOUR-----
    It was awesome~~~~
    Fall Out Boy rocked too~~~~
    CONCERT BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE

Here's one. Play through with no STAB moves. Not too hard, but something that may be worth trying. Or using pokemon with natures that hinder advantages.
    Platinum FC: 2493-4817-1909

Forget about my other post. I will start with something easier. I will do the two Easy challenges on PEARL.

EDIT: I will do the Paul Style battle too, for don 1t wasting my time with a very easy game.
    Last edited by Pokémon Trainer Xande; 23rd March 2011 at 11:31 PM.

Eeveelover824 made this awesome banner

I am back to Pokémon/Serebiiforums. If you had any business with me before my long time outside Serebiiforums, let me know by a Private Message

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234