Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Making the game harder - Ingame challenges

Quote Originally Posted by zhanton View Post
    What about before you get the HMs, and what if the Pokemon can't actually learn the HMs???
    Well, then I suppose any moves can be used until you get the first HM, then you have to keep using 1 move(or 1 HM + random move) until you get the other HMs. If a certain Pokemon can't learn HMs, then you have to find another Pokemon that can. Pokemons that can't learn HMs can't be used in the challenge.

Shiny Chikorita
    916 SRs | HeartGold

• • • • •

Wow sounds like some of those would be quite a challenge, i will try some but it wont be until i get platinum because im not trading every single pokemon i want to keep off my current game and onto my friends because that took us hours!

I actually did a single pokemon challenge and not knowing it when I was six with a Clefairy.

Hardcore I could never do though, I get too attached too easily.

However, I made up a challenge called

"The Mono-Color Challenge" basically, you can only use pokemon of one color (yes, even shiny pokemon are included, in other words, you can't use your shiny dragonite if your color is orange, but you can if it's green.)

I have a feeling Platinum is going to be my challenge game once I do a complete run-through and trade my team to it.

And of course, who cannot forget a "theme team challenge" where you have to use the team of a pokemon anime/manga/game character I once tried that with May's team one time when playing Ruby.
    Last edited by Tabby Catty; 17th March 2009 at 7:16 PM.
    Betelgueseshipper for life Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby Catty View Post
    I actually did a single pokemon challenge and not knowing it when I was six with a Clefairy.

Hardcore I could never do though, I get too attached too easily.

However, I made up a challenge called

"The Mono-Color Challenge" basically, you can only use pokemon of one color (yes, even shiny pokemon are included, in other words, you can't use your shiny dragonite if your color is orange, but you can if it's green.)

I have a feeling Platinum is going to be my challenge game once I do a complete run-through and trade my team to it.

And of course, who cannot forget a "theme team challenge" where you have to use the team of a pokemon anime/manga/game character I once tried that with May's team one time when playing Ruby.
    I get attached to my pokes easily too lol. The mono-colour challenge sounds cool. And the theme team challenge. I've never done many challenges, tho I really want to do some!!! And lol, you did a single-challenge with Clefairy when you were six. Hwo cute!!! xD

Tabby, you didn't get that from pokemon-x, did you? If you didn't, still look it up, it's really good.

Kanto Starters Unite!

Default haha

how bouts no using any items like potion, burn heal, etc.

pokecenter only

any questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuos View Post
    how bouts no using any items like potion, burn heal, etc.

pokecenter only
    There's a very similar challenge already on the first page: "limited items mode" where you can't use any non-essential items.
    PASBL Trainer level one. Wins:4 Losses:0 Draws:0 KO's:3 TP:8 SP:0
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyPokemon View Post
    Alternatively, you can drug her and stare at whatever you like as long as you want. Your choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLegend View Post
    PS: Somebody sig this...

I have an idea. How about a "No Hold-Items mode"? You can't give your Pokemon any hold items that can affect the battle. You can only let it hold items if you are going in a Contest.(the scarves)

Or a "Gender mode". You can only use one gender of Pokemon. If you pick genderless, you can only use genderless Pokemon or if you pick male, you can only use male and in female you can only use female Pokemon. You can use the other genders as HM slaves, though.
    [IMG]http://i34.*******.com/33kcepf.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i42.*******.com/149xhn9.jpg[/IMG]

Credits to the Steel Meta's shop (Gardevoir splice), Sapphire Phoenix (Chansey revamp) and Luxray's fusions (Munchlax and Chikorita cosplayers.)

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter,
    put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360

I have claimed Latios!

Red face Play No Potions

Why not try to play with no potions!
    Hi!

Im Poke Wizard Ask Me Anything About Pokemon!

You can't forget the classic 'Speedrun'.

Make it through the game under a certain amount of time.

That simple.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

Quote Originally Posted by Poke Wizard View Post
    Why not try to play with no potions!
    There's a similar mode in the first post: "No unnecessary items", which extends the idea to all items.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    You can't forget the classic 'Speedrun'.

Make it through the game under a certain amount of time.

That simple.
    How did I not put this down? I'm off to edit the first post right now. Thanks. Also, as soon as I complete me current run through (ie, when I find a moon stone to evolve Clefairy and take on the E4), I'm going to do Gym challenger mode.
    Last edited by lifesharker; 27th March 2009 at 5:20 PM.
    Alternatively, you can drug her and stare at whatever you like as long as you want. Your choice.

I like no heal games, myself. I find them challenging. Try playing a No-heal in G/S/C too. Both D/P/P and G/S/C No healers are good.

What About 3 Attack*Mode?

On A Team, You Can Only Use A Total of 3 attacks Per battle
    99% Of all people have a signature. If you are one of the 1% that doesn't have a signature put it in your signature.

How about:
    Overkill mode -When you enter a new route, you must catch any new Pokemon that you haven't caught yet, and you must train every single Pokemon you catch at around the same level. For instance, by the time you beat Roark, you should have your starter, a Starly, a Bidoof, a Shinx, a Budew, a Zubat, a Pachirisu, a Geodude, an Abra, an Onix, a Machop, a Cricketot, and a Psyduck. By the time you beat whatever the 8th Gym Leader's name is, you should have a whole bunch of Pokemon, and they should ALL be around Lv40-50 because you should be training EVERY SINGLE POKEMON YOU CATCH.
    Last edited by Chaos Rush; 6th April 2009 at 1:49 AM.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Overkill mode sounds fun. I'll do it when the universe ends (i.e. Platinum comes out in Australia).

I have two ideas (no names):

- your team has to be all one pokemon. ie: 6 ponytas. However, they can all have different moves. (medium?)

- your entire team can only have one type of move. ie: A team with all water moves. (hard) This could be adjusted to one type of move for each pokemon.
    MY FRIEND CODE 3136 3365 0001

overkill sounds real challenging lol

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

My friends and I do what we call the Marco Polo method. We lable the first eight boxes for the first eight gyms and try to fill the boxes with pokemon before we reach that gym. Then we empty out our team spots except for our starter pokemon and without looking at the screen choose five pokemon to fill the slots and use them to fight the gyms.

Overkill mode is the most boring thing I can possibly think of.

95% of all teens would cry if thy saw Miley Cyrus jumping off of a building, paste this into your sig if you have brown hair.

I use "uber" Pokemon, I calculate stat values, I breed my way to perfection, and I care about natures. I catch my pokemon and throw them away like a piece of garbage if they are not worthy of my greatness, and I treat them like brainless drones instead of individuals. If you use this philosophy, copy and paste this into your signature. (Started by Swalot=yes)

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    BLAHBLAHBLAHSPAMSPAMSPAMPOOOOOOOOOOP HAHA
    ^What a great mod^

FC:2966-0840-9257
    Name:Tyler

Facing the Gym Leader with the same number of Pokemon they have I guess.
    Diamond F.C.: 4467-8858-1499 name: Walter

Pokedex progress
    Diamond: N'tl: 490 seen, 490 obtained. 4 years, I completed the Pokedex!

Quote Originally Posted by Splitzman View Post
    I do that anyways. xD If I end up having to use more than that number, I just turn off the game and retry.

Quote Originally Posted by Splitzman View Post
    Do me a favour, read the first post.

You forgot this classic as well.

'Imitation' - Pick one trainer in the game. Get the same team he/she has. Clear the game. You'll probably have to trade BTW.

One example is the series of youtube videos where a player assembled Red's team and cleared the game with it.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

Here's one:

Obsessive Compulsive

You must have 5 of every item that can be bought, and all ones found on the floor must be tossed. (Medium)

I have left Serebii for greener pastures. These pastures, to be specific.

I am going to do a solo pokemon run (riolu) and was wondering what i should do for double battles. Do i use an HM slave or what?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast