View Poll Results: What was the most difficult Elite 4 to beat?

Voters
388. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kanto

197 50.77%
  • Jhoto

28 7.22%
  • Hoenn

64 16.49%
  • Sinnoh

99 25.52%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the hardest Elite 4 to defeat?

Kanto. Always has been. Perhaps, it was simply because I Overtrained for Sinnoh (all my pokemon were lv58, except Empoleon and Dialga (lv60)).
    Hoenn, I initially found annnoying but I now can do it easily and Johto was a pushover!
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

Kanto was the hardest for me. Johto was pretty easy, Hoenn was a cinch for me. Second hardest I would probably say Kanto.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I think it pretty much depends upon which game you played first. The E4 (and the metagame in general) is always hardest the first time you play one of these games. Every time after that, you're more used to how the games work, and so you're better-prepared for what it has to throw at you. Personally, I remember fighting the Johto E4 first when I was ten, and not being ready for it, so they knocked me down at least three times before I got 'em.

I will admit, though, that Kanto and Hoenn seem like they would have the hardest repertoires for a first-timer.
    Friend Code: 5026-5649-8262
    Pokémon X ∙ Animal Crossing
    Friend Safari: Meditite, Pancham, Tyrogue

Kanto. I can't beat them. That's excluding Green/Blue & Lance.
    Hoenn was easy for me, but it took a while to beat the Dragon guy and the Champ went down after I first reached him. Sinnoh took a while since I didn't train half of my team (I fail ), now its all easy. Never could do Johto since my friend has my Gold.

Realistly I found none of them challenging. ( although I only beat Kanto's and Sinnoh's LOL), but for me it was kanto's the E4 had some quite strong lvl pokemon. Now Kanto's is too easy because I beat it 35-40 times. Sinnoh's was meh because most of my pokemon were quite strong.

Kanto hands down if i didnt grind my starter i caught the legendary birds and kept reviving between the three the other leagues were jokes except when it comes to Cynthia and Steven

Kanto take two in Fr/Lg.

Seriously, their entire teams raise around 6 levels.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

Honenn, just because I hated those elite four member so explicative much!
    "Your future is not ahead of you."

the johto E4 was the toughest one for me to do, the champion had two dragonites i had some trouble with them.

Sinnoh's was the hardest and Cynthia was the most difficult trainer to defeat...

Pearl F.C.: 4554-1075-9173 ASH

^My favs^ Credits to Sapphire_Phoenix

Click here to level up my license!

Hoenn's E4 just downright sucked

Kanto was the complete opposite.

Kanto was the hardest for me x_x and Shinnoh was sooo hard too D: Johto was easy altough I was way underleveled for it. I have never played R/S/E so I dunno about that xD

I'm surprised people think Kanto was that hard. Is it just nostalgia or what? RBY Kanto is a piece of cake, and in FR/LG, even though it's pretty challenging, it's not so bad if you prepare and level up. I actually found Agatha the most irritating on my second run through, to be honest.

Johto was the easiest E4. It got to the point where I was bored of kicking their asses repeatedly and had to fight Red over and over. They're just too low leveled, I think.

Hoenn was admittedly kind of tough for me, especially when I had Sceptile or Swampert. Part of the problem is that Steven's Pokemon are just so good. But then, it's not too bad at all if you can take his team out.

Sinnoh was definitely the hardest E4 for me, because much like Hoenn before it, there was some actual versatility in the movesets and some genuinely strong Pokemon. Mostly on Lucian and Cynthia's teams, but still. Nothing was quite as challenging to beat as that Garchomp.

Just my own opinion, of course.
    A New Generation
    Has Arrived.

Unova rules!

I have to say Hoenn. I really hate it. Glacia is the most difficult :S

For me Kanto was the hardest to beat because Agatha's pokemon kept using Hypnosis. It was so frustrating but she was the only person i had a big problem with.

AtsuMina <3

I think it was the hoenn E4 for me
    PM me for trades or For quicker trades just add me on pikamiki@hotmail.com
    I have almost anything up for trades

FC Diamond: 3523 6401 5816
    FC Pearl: 4854 3797 6995
    My shinies: x2 x3
    plus many more...

Kanto. Johto was a pushover, because I hyped up my Typhlosion to 100. hoenn was harder, but still pretty easy. Steven murdered me a couple times, but Groudon fissured him out. Emerald-Hoenn was even easier with Sceptile and a Lv 72 Rayquaza. Umm, Sinnoh...fail. Aaron easy, Bertha easy, Flint really easy, Lucian kinda tricky with Bronzong, Cynthis was abotu half as hard as Steven.
    Sapphire Fighting Monotype Challenge
    Badges: 6
    Team:
    Li; Mahatma; Jackie; Bruce; Hellga; Banner

It took me a bit to get through Kanto's elite four when I first started playing, but I was younger and didn't use strategy like I do now. I kind of think I'm better at the games now than I was when I was younger so it's tough to compare.

I have to say Sinnoh was tough. I beat Johto and Hoenn pretty easily, but Sinnoh gave me a lot of trouble especially the final two. I actually barely beat Cynthia in the end and I've only gone through once so far.

I remember finding Kanto easy, even though I could have only been like, 12 at the time. I rocked the legendary birds (I figured "hey, legendary, they must be good at stuff!") and blastoise. Articune destroyed Lance until he rock throw'd, and then blastoise finished up. I'm pretty sure I had a magmar or something to take out Gary's exeggutor and venusaur.

The real challenge was catching Mewtwo without a master ball.

For me it was Kanto, but that's just because I was 5-6 when i got red version, I would defeat them with ease now.

95% of all teens would cry if thy saw Miley Cyrus jumping off of a building, paste this into your sig if you have brown hair.

I use "uber" Pokemon, I calculate stat values, I breed my way to perfection, and I care about natures. I catch my pokemon and throw them away like a piece of garbage if they are not worthy of my greatness, and I treat them like brainless drones instead of individuals. If you use this philosophy, copy and paste this into your signature. (Started by Swalot=yes)

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    BLAHBLAHBLAHSPAMSPAMSPAMPOOOOOOOOOOP HAHA
    ^What a great mod^

FC:2966-0840-9257
    Name:Tyler

i would have to say johto because of stupid koga and his ariados and forretress
    The skill of battling is not a skill at all but the knowledge of the skill it takes to do it

Pokemon Black fc3224-4920-8375

For me, Kanto was real hard. It took me about like 2 months to pass them.

Please Click
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying."

I found Sinnoh the hardest..
    Hoenn easy With Rayquaza.
    Kanto- Easy pie.
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

It might have been because I was 11, but man I remember playing blue and just getting killed over and over again by Lance and his stupid dragons. I don't remember Gary actually being that hard though....
    When I did the remakes...well I was 19 so they weren't as hard as I remember.

For anyone who played blue and red and then did leaf green and fire red later, which do you think was harder?

Hoenn, just because of the wierd types. Dark, Ghost, Dragon, and then you get to Steven, who just has to have Steel and Rock types.
    Currently playing:
    Wii- All Zelda's available for Wii, Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
    DS-Pokemon Platinum, Final Fantasy IV

Proud Owner of a Pkmn Ranger Darkrai!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast