Thread: Form over Function?

Default Form over Function?

Have you ever built a team based on looks? (Especially with ingame teams)

I have, I chose Delcatty and Wigglytuff and also Bellossom which wasn't too bad, but I regret having Delcatty for the Elite 4

Yes. I once built a usable OU team with only yellow pokes. It's not that hard, but it takes a very long time due to creating good EV spreads and movesets that work together.
    New FC: 1118-6117-3309

Record is 461-4.
    Don't play Pokemon anymore, except for war battles and requests.
    XBL Gamertag is Deathhawk164.

Epic Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamizard
    but like how can garchomp be uber.
    Quote Originally Posted by drawbird
    I,ve just faced a trainer with a smeargle which knows DARK VOID (Clearly this person hacked the game or something).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys29
    If he learned U-Turn I would jizz my pants. Literally.

Yes, I recently got a couple event pokemon, so I made a team of rare pokemon just so I could see what it looked like on battle revolution. Let's see, it included Shaymin, Phione, Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Celebi. None of them had been trained or anything, so I didn't last too long, but it was nice to see all the pokemon that I rarely use in battle.
    I'm typically inactive between Spring and Fall. I'll be on as often as time allows.

Yep. I once made a team completely out of defensive-looking pokemon, like Shuckle and Clayol. But, er...Well, the downside to defensive pokemon is that they usually don't have great attacks.

I usually make my in-game teams based on looks - usually pokemon that look "cool", such as Infernape, Luxray and Staraptor. Just a habit I've gotten into.

I usually stick with Pokemon I like. And usually, from the beginning of the game till the defeat of the Elite 4, I stick with my starter, since it's usually one of my strongest.

^Made by me^

Heart Gold Friend Code: Kyle 4125-7179-3301 PM me with your friend code if you add me.

I always build my team around the cool Pokemon that I myself like.
    It just so happens that Pokemon like Metagross and Tyranitar are powerful.
    Reserved

I tend to use Pokémon I like. Barring that, I will choose Pokémon that I haven't used before. Like my current Diamond team. It has a Girafarig on it. She kicks butt!
    ***New Signature To Come***

I built a fossil team once... It didn't do so well... once I met a bullet punch metagross/lucario
    Time Is of the Essence.With time one may grow stronger.

Special Thanks to CoolTrainer Nick for the Awsome Trainer Card
    BT Record Singles:427 (still going)
    Doubles:329(still going)

Yep.
    All my competitive teams are made up of Pokemon I really like, mainly my Mono-Ground teams.
    I like Pokemon that look big and bulky and not necessarily cute. Nidoking, Torterra, Hippowdon...I just think Pokemon like that are adorable, so I use them.

I think a lot of people use Pokemon that they like the designs of, not just because they're great, but because they're appealing.

I've considered making a pure dragon team. I called it off due to ice sweeps

Nice thread, but My DP Games =)

Moving.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

In general, I only use Pokémon that I think have appealing designs. Hence why I never intend on using a Garchomp in my lifetime. UG-ly.
    Friend Code: 5026-5649-8262
    Pokémon X ∙ Animal Crossing
    Friend Safari: Meditite, Pancham, Tyrogue

I build my team based on what looks good.

So, I don't CARE how good of a poke Garchomp is. It is UGLY. I won't use it! I'll take Mawile or Buneary instead. They're cute.

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/2s15gnt.jpg[/IMG]
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Now Playing: X
    Delphox. Gardevoir. Blastoise. Pidgeot. Aurorus. Leafeon.
    Y (Planned)
    Greninja. Gardevoir. Florges. Vivillion. Meinshao. Ampharos.
    White
    Samurott. Liligant. Braviary. Chandelure. Meinshao. Galvantula.
    White 2 /// Black 2
    Samurott. Ampharos. Braviary. Meinshao. Espeon. Chandelure. /// Serperior. Starmie. Arcanine. Golurk. ? ?

Yup. In fact, I'm planning on using a team of my mostly unevolved favorites for Platinum.

Oh god, the Elite Four's going to be rough.

I use my favorites always. Its harder but its much more fun to battle with those teams.

I only beat Emerald once...and with a mono-Fire team (Wallace was laughing at me and I swept him away with Blaziken!) :P

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Total Ranked Double Battle Record: W47 L20
    Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W54 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

I usually use pokemon that don't completly look incompetent (Bidoof for example). I will look at stats, but I'll settle for a weaker pokemon if it looks cooler.

Diamond FC: 4253-7582-5489

I'm going to use Golduck, Roserade and Glalie for Platinum 'cause I think they're pretty.
    Blurg.

I only play with pokemon that are valuable competitively (I think I'm the first person to say that).

Quote Originally Posted by Overheat Hothead View Post
    I'm going to use Golduck, Roserade and Glalie for Platinum 'cause I think they're pretty.
    Glalie? I think you mean Satan's hockey mask.

95% of all teens would cry if thy saw Miley Cyrus jumping off of a building, paste this into your sig if you have brown hair.

I use "uber" Pokemon, I calculate stat values, I breed my way to perfection, and I care about natures. I catch my pokemon and throw them away like a piece of garbage if they are not worthy of my greatness, and I treat them like brainless drones instead of individuals. If you use this philosophy, copy and paste this into your signature. (Started by Swalot=yes)

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    BLAHBLAHBLAHSPAMSPAMSPAMPOOOOOOOOOOP HAHA
    ^What a great mod^

FC:2966-0840-9257
    Name:Tyler

He... nothing do NPCowns Like my powerful 6 level 100 linnone team!, yes i love linoone!!!
    And...Well pickup RULES!
    My first pearl team for the E4 was: infernape, rozerade, staraptor, luxray, and milotic(Pain in the *** to caugth and evolve but i wanted one!), along with palkia...altough palkia was just there standing...dunnot know i just didnt have something else to put.
    And yes glalie rules!!!
    So i say i chosse by the looks and train them regarding their stats.
    Who said moe cant be Gar?

Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664
    Poison safari : Muk Cascoon Venomoth
    Heard that the latitwin stones are tradeable now. If its true ill apreciate a pair to test this guys before they go mainstream. PM me if you can help.

I'm creating one right now. so far I've got five out of seven. They are part of my eighteen, but I've always imagined these seven making a team.
    Gallade
    Alakazam
    Scizor
    Kabutops
    Weavile
    Lucario
    Golduck

Usually I build my team based on what types I want to have, then I pick the pokemon that I like best (based on looks) for that type. Usually by the end of the game I have 1-2 of the eevee evolutions in my team.
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]