Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Skiyomi's Avatars/Banners/Wallpapers

Default Skiyomi's Avatars/Banners/Wallpapers

Oi. I make too much stuff.

Really, I'm posting them for anyone who wants to use them/display. For me, this is a hobby not a career path of any kind. I'd sooner abandon this than let it become work. That said, I'm not really interested in critique. If you really can't help yourself I don't suppose there's any way I can stop you though.

Anyway, I hope y'all enjoy.

Well, since that took approximately FOREVER, I'll post the rest of my avatars, my banners and wallpapers later.

Wow, I so can't pick my favourite since they are all really really good - However, the style in this one: is nice and unsymmetrical which I like.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Oh, dear Lord.
    That is too many avatars.
    Overall, they all look very nice, though one of my gripes is the number of times a grudge-y background is used--while it works for something like evil or despair, I see it used on other avatars--such as Link or seemingly random cartoons. But you still have your variety of styles and everything looks nice.
    As for the animations, the move rather fast or are seemingly random--like the one that flickers the image. I'm not the best at animations either (still learning) so do not think that my advice is the best. I spot flaws in plenty of things and point them out: that's the kind of critic I am.

Overall, keep up the good work, and I want to see those banners and wallpapers sometime soon.

Thanks Insidious_Dreamer. That Inuyasha one is over a year old so I'm glad it still holds up.

Oh, dear Lord.
    That is too many avatars.
    Overall, they all look very nice, though one of my gripes is the number of times a grudge-y background is used--while it works for something like evil or despair, I see it used on other avatars--such as Link or seemingly random cartoons. But you still have your variety of styles and everything looks nice.
    As for the animations, the move rather fast or are seemingly random--like the one that flickers the image. I'm not the best at animations either (still learning) so do not think that my advice is the best. I spot flaws in plenty of things and point them out: that's the kind of critic I am.

Overall, keep up the good work, and I want to see those banners and wallpapers sometime soon.
    Thanks!

I can definately understand that. I used to use that texture waaaay too much and I've cut down on it, though I still have a fondness for it.

I'd love to get to my banners and wallpapers, but I've still got more avatars to get through XP I need to stop making random stuff when I should be working.

Alright! Someone is finally playing with the non-space - the void that which is transparent - I'm in love. Those banners which have parts of them which are transparent are very well done.

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Thanks! I've been really enjoying using transparent backgrounds lately, especially with banners.

Hopefully these updates will slow down a little after awhile. I've just got years worth of stuff to unload XD

Banners:

Make banners much?

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

You ain't seen nothin' yet. XD I make more than I could ever use.

Banners:

Some of these ones have crazy colours on the backgrounds, they take away from the image sometimes, but not all the time - its hard too tell.

This is wonderful

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

XD "Crazy Colors" just so happens to be my middle name. Not all people like them in all cases, but they tend to be my preference.

Some of the oranges don't fit quite so well, but they are otherwise very nice.

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Cool

I'd say that's definately the case with the Inuyasha one. Orange can be addictive *cringe*

More banners. I hope I eventually get to my wallpapers as they're usually the stuff I'm most proud of.

Banners:

Too much dashed borders, not so dandy and most of the transparencies are very blunt, and that shouldn't really be the case. They lok like you went - "I'll just snip it there!" Instead, try using the space as if was meant to be there, not something you put there as a gimic.

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Too much dashed borders, not so dandy and most of the transparencies are very blunt, and that shouldn't really be the case. They look like you went - "I'll just snip it there!" Instead, try using the space as if was meant to be there, not something you put there as a gimic.

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Ah, the laziness of the dash-border. Suffice to say, I never use it anymore. Again, all old.

I might just gives some crit and my opinion on a few of the things which could help you with all of your banners (:

This is probably my favourite of all your banners. While I find the placement a bit awkward, the background has very nice colours which contribute to the overall feel of the banner.

This is probably my second favourite. I like the setting that the text is on, and I find that the background suits Indiana Jones very well. Plus, Indiana Jones has nice colouring. Just be careful with the black border, I don't know if it was purposely made or not, but some of the background leaks into the border and in some cases over it, and in my opinion it doesn't look as great. Also, I think it would've been better to carry the black border all around the banner, and not stop when it reaches him.

Also, I think the one that Insidious_Dreamer pulled out with the girl had a nice feel to it and was well made.

The background on this one is very distracting. I think if you want to use alot of brushes, to keep them with similar colours. In alot of your works, I find that the brushes are too overwhelming, and whilst I know you like "Crazy Colours", I think that keeping them with similar colours woudn't distract as much from the main picture and would compliment the banner.

I don't like the yellowish brushes used on this banner. It makes it feel "dirty" and blegh. I think just some nice colouring on the main picture with the text would've looked a lot better.

Overall, I think you show a lot of potential Skiyomi. You have a good sense in picture placement and I like some of the effects you add to your work. One thing I would like to see from you is more colouring techniques such as Selective Colouring if you have it or maybe even just flood fill layers. Also, may I ask what program you use to make these? Thanks :D
    I have left SPPf and GPX+. I will
    still be active on my LJ. Goodbye.

XD Unfortunately it's a lost cause trying to make me quit the crazy-colors thing. I like it so much I wouldn't quit even if everyone in the world hated it.

That said, you might like my wallpapers better (I'm getting to them as quick as I can) since I tend to favor realistic/surrealistic backgrounds as opposed to abstract backgrounds, so the color has more continuity in those.

I use Photoshop CS2.

And with that I've posted all my banners! Finally! Next up I'll post some of my wallpapers.

I know, I know. I'm drowning you in stuff. BUT I've finally gotten to my wallpapers! Yay!

Wallpapers: (Click the thumbnail for full view)

Wow this stuff is really nice - I can't seem to put a foot wrong in it

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Wow, you have tons of graphics. O:

Anyway, I like most of your designs, there isn't many bad things for me to point out appart from the contrast being a bit too high in a lot of pieces, other than that, great stuff.

Keep up the great work. (:

[IMG]http://i44.*******.com/1221d7s.jpg[/IMG]
    ;495; ;559; ;501; ;509; ;609; ;567;
    DeviantArt | MAL | Neoseeker

Thank you both very much

Yeaaah...my love of contrast is another one of my difficult points. XD I seem to be full of stubborn little preferences.

More Stuff-

Click Thumnail for Full View:

A lot of these are messy. Work on cleaning up the effects so that its cleaner and not grainy. You want things to be clean and clear.

That is of course if the desired effect is to be clean and clear. I enjoy the graininess.

PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Yeaaaah, that was pretty much my thought ^^;

More stuff!

Click on the Thumnail for Full View:

It's Some good work you got there but there is some images that dosent have border and i think it looks empty without these you should maybe put borders on every images but hey it's your work and its the way you like it :P

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast