Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MCXD's Art, Fractals.

Default MCXD's Fractals + Banner Requests

Inspired by one or two other threads lying around and some hinting from friends, I've decided to create a topic for fractals of my own.

All these fractals have been made with Apophysis 2.08 beta 2, either 3D or standard edition. You can catch all the latest art and updates over at my dA account. Most of these pieces are recent, which is a bad thing since I went on an 18 month art hiatus and only came back recently (about a week ago) so I'm extremely rusty. Hopefully that will improve though :x

Warning, most of these fractals are big (1280x960 and up, 1MB and up) so if large pictures make your browser and/or internet explode, I would proceed with caution.

Have a good day :V

Spoiler:- Two Forces:

Spoiler:- Berry Juice:

Spoiler:- Temporal Waste:

Spoiler:- Piercing The Depths:

Spoiler:- Breaking The Depths:

Spoiler:- Destroy The Depths:

Spoiler:- Harmonic Noise:

I also make banner sized fractals on request. If you want me to make you one, just give me the following information:

- Pattern Style, Shape or Theme.
    - Banner Size (Bear in mind Sppf's banner size rules, please).
    - Color scheme.
    - JPEG w/ _____ Colored Background or PNG with Transparent Background.

Example:

- Explosion, Fire.
    - 320x146
    - Reds, Oranges, Golds.
    - JPEG w/ Black Background.

Hope you enjoy the stuff.
    Last edited by MCXD; 27th February 2009 at 7:57 AM.
    PASBL Participant, Trainer Level 1 - Pokemon Anime Style Battling is great fun, so please check it out.
    Other Useful Links: PASBL Rules Website, UPNetwork, Acquisition Levels

PASBL Squad - Lover of all things Honchkrow

Could someone explain a fractal?

But they're nice...
    AUSTRIA PRUSSIA HUNGARY

It's moved to Fan Art Shops since you got a request thing going on. Is that alright or do you still want to move to Digital Media?

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet May
    It's moved to Fan Art Shops since you got a request thing going on. Is that alright or do you still want to move to Digital Media?
    The requests weren't the original point of the thread as much as it was just an extra side thing, but the logic is sound so I'm fine with it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Plusle+Minun
    Could someone explain a fractal?

But they're nice...
    To sort of quote from [aka]'s thread:

Quote Originally Posted by MCXD View Post
    " A fractal is generally "a rough or fragmented geometric shape that can be split into parts, each of which is (at least approximately) a reduced-size copy of the whole," " - Wikipedia

Since the original definition it has expanded into more of a "Any pattern or shape that is duplicated and created using mathematical statements and equations which can then in turn, be rendered at an infinitely high zoom, often resulting in repeated patterns".

They are those weird patterns you see on the front of math textbooks with the decidedly ugly colour and very little relevance to the subject unless you know what they are.
    PASBL Participant, Trainer Level 1 - Pokemon Anime Style Battling is great fun, so please check it out.

- Something similar to the rays of light in "Piercing the depth" and also containing soft circles/something similar in "Harmonic Noise"... something nice and soft which gives the feeling of speed and waves at the same time. I don't really have something more specific than that, if you like something else more I'm happy with that too ^^
    - Something small, 300 x 150? Not sure about this one.
    - Blues, purples, pinks, orange/yellow... soft colours please. Either two or more of the colours I mentioned.
    - PNG, I guess.

Lovely work, I've always been a fan of fractals. They're so pretty. Thanks in advance ^^

Atlantis_kid99:

One immediate problem I seem to suffer from: I'm indecisive when making something for someone... so pick which one you like best. If you don't like any, then I'll have another go.

Spoiler:- Choices::

Not all that different from the sample fractal to be honest. 3 groups of 3 fractals. The first set are sharper and more defined, the second has a softer touch as requested and the third set is softened a lot. Since I was a little inconsistent with colors, don't be afraid to say "I like the colors in X but the pattern in Y, can you make it those colors?" too :V

Last note is that they are all transparent PNG as you requested. I'm using the Dark-type serebii skin so they don't look too weird, but other skins' post background may wreak havoc.
    Last edited by MCXD; 27th February 2009 at 9:00 AM.

Atlantis_kid99:

One immediate problem I seem to suffer from: I'm indecisive when making something for someone... so pick which one you like best. If you don't like any, then I'll have another go.

Spoiler:- Choices::

Not all that different from the sample fractal to be honest. 3 groups of 3 fractals. The first set are sharper and more defined, the second has a softer touch as requested and the third set is softened a lot. Since I was a little inconsistent with colors, don't be afraid to say "I like the colors in X but the pattern in Y, can you make it those colors?" too :V

Last note is that they are all transparent PNG as you requested. I'm using the Dark-type serebii skin so they don't look too weird, but other skins' post background may wreak havoc.
    OMG awesome, thank you <3 these are my faves, I can't seem to decide which ones I like more, lol. Before I was using the Ice skin and they looked pretty good, yeah it does look a whole lot better on the Dark-type. I'll be using these on UPN (since you're an ASBer you probably know what it is) so it won't matter anyway; the main skin is black.

Do you mind if you sharpen last two (in my post) to the level of the first two? I actually think it looks much better sharper, even though the last one still looks awesome with its blue colour scheme. I'm wanting to do something with these on Photoshop (kind of segmented cut-and-paste job), again thanks heaps ^.^

omgomgomgfractalsomg

I've recently started making fractals with Apophysis as well, but they're nowhere near as...neat. I still think they're gorgeous little things, but they don't form any particular pattern.

I would love to have your expertise advice on this. Methinks I need to experiment more on the scripting itself.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantis_kid99

Do you mind if you sharpen last two (in my post) to the level of the first two? I actually think it looks much better sharper, even though the last one still looks awesome with its blue colour scheme. I'm wanting to do something with these on Photoshop (kind of segmented cut-and-paste job), again thanks heaps ^.^

There you go, and thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonowaru in Chaos
    I would love to have your expertise advice on this. Methinks I need to experiment more on the scripting itself.
    I can't help you with scripting (that is, the .asc script files which are run using the script play button at the top of the window etc.) but I can help you with some other stuff if you want (if that is what you meant anyway). Just PM me when you're ready, maybe with a sample fractal or two so I can see your "skill level".

There you go, and thanks.
    Thanks again, looks awesome Will give credit where credit is due, one of your fractal banners is already in my sig on UPN anyway, lol.

Nice then. I looked fractals up, so...

I suppose I will request something.

-Stars, nightlike
    -320x150
    -navy blue, gold, silver
    -.PNG with a background like the colour of the sky outside at night.

Thanks!
    AUSTRIA PRUSSIA HUNGARY

Plusle+Minun

Spoiler:- Group 1:

The first group I tried to focus on the whole star thing, since I really didn't like my prospects of being able to recreate a starfield like you wanted. Four versions: Zoomed+Noise, Zoomed+Clean, UnZoomed+Noise and UnZoomed+Clean.

Then I was fiddling around and came up with something possibly more along what you wanted:

Spoiler:- Group 2:

3 Versions of this one, each progressively becoming sharper, more rotation, and less noise. As with before, don't be afraid to pick features from one fractal for me to apply to another.

EDIT: Note also that I can re-render them on a pure black background if you want. I tend to find that the shade of blue makes them look a little murky (first 4 especially).
    Last edited by MCXD; 27th February 2009 at 10:27 PM.

Ummm...*is overwhelmed*

I like number two...but I want the blue circle thingy to be bigger, so...I'll go with number one. Thanks alot!
    AUSTRIA PRUSSIA HUNGARY

Glad to be of service :V

Spoiler:- Carbonic Weapon:

Spoiler:- Doppler Effect:

Two new fractals here for viewing, including the full version of the one I used in my new sig banner.

I likey! The Pierced through depths things is awesome!

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

I really like the 'fire explosion' example that you made. Can I use it in a banner if I give credit?

Quote Originally Posted by 3Blazing3Ace3 View Post
    I really like the 'fire explosion' example that you made. Can I use it in a banner if I give credit?
    Sure, I don't see why not.

- Temporal waste . Can you make it like holy or something. And you dont have to but could you add : You Raise Me Up in the corner.
    - Banner Size 320x150
    - Color scheme. like gold, light blue and like white or silver. kinda like holy-ish
    PNG with Really really black background or maybe a sky blue what ever looks best.

Can you pm me when done with samples
    Last edited by Alpha Azelf; 7th March 2009 at 10:04 PM.
    CHUCK NORRIS=GOD=

Credit to Dustwolf for the 3

Join The 3 Legendary Beasts Club-owned by Alpha Azelf

Wow these are amazing! Very pretty but slightly eerie too
    So what is a fractal used for? Are they those patterns on media players?

Hoenn, here I come!

You already owe me a remix, so I thought I'd annoy you more and request a fractal. >D

- Kec-les (aka Kecleon. Because I'm cool like that.)
    - 400x800 (that's the max, right?)
    - Greens, mostly, with some red/yellow undertones.
    - PNG with Transparent Background

{ASB} [FB] (dA) ~JSfSN~
    Thanks to Sammi for this banner.

[jerichi]

A new fanfic by yours truly.
    E.S.P.A.S.
    "I hope your mother dies in a silo explosion." ~ The Mozz

It's not easy
    being green.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Lugia_XD001 View Post
    Wow these are amazing! Very pretty but slightly eerie too
    So what is a fractal used for? Are they those patterns on media players?

The patterns on media players a little different. I'm not an expert on them but they aren't fractals (per se) as far as I know. That said, you can make a fractal that looks like pretty much any of those visualization plug-ins, somehow.

@ Alpha Azelf & Jerichi - I'll get to your requests soon, I haven't forgotten about the thread or anything :V Just busy with games school so I'll get to it later today.

In the meantime, have some more fractals:

Spoiler:- Disease:

Spoiler:- Lantern:

Spoiler:- Julian Statement:

Spoiler:- Alpha Azelf:

Three patterns there to pick from, all edits of Temporal Waste. If you aren't happy with any of them I'll go have another crack at it soon, same with any color changes. I decided not to add the text in the corner simply because it would be best if you did that, so you could get it to look exactly as you wanted. Plus full-fledged banners aren't my forte.

Spoiler:- Jerichi:

Same thing here. Any color changes or pattern crosses required I will do my best to replicate. Of course you may need a certain Kecleon's expert opinion on the matter.

I hope you don't mind me changing the size. 400x800 causes SPPf to die a horrible death breaks sig rules so I made it 400x200, the size of your current signature banner (total).

And while I was making Jeri's I liked the pattern so I made some modifications:

Spoiler:- High Voltage:

:V
    Last edited by MCXD; 9th March 2009 at 9:42 PM.

Oh my god the bottom one is excellent!!!!! you rock
    CHUCK NORRIS=GOD=

Credit to Dustwolf for the 3

Join The 3 Legendary Beasts Club-owned by Alpha Azelf

Spoiler:- Critical Mass:

Spoiler:- Micro Reef:

Spoiler:- Avalanche:

Still alive! V:

I am so totally in love with the fractal art you do!

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast