Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Drifting Snorunt (584)

Watched the sub...

No mention of Ash's Glalie, no mention of the Dawn stone, and no one commented on the fact Glalie and Froslass bothevolved from Snorunt oddly...they usually do. The Pokedex said they both evolved from it, but no explanation was given.

The guy after Snorunt was a Pokemon Hunter...well, he was called a Poacher, but he sold them for money just like J did.

I was a little astounded by the non-mention of Ash's Glalie tbh. The other thing was when Ash said something to Chimchar like 'you're the only chance'. He didn't seem to take this approach during his battle with Candice, did he, using mainly types weak to ice?
    I liked the reappearance of James' dex info cards, and how of the few he currently had, Froslass was one of them!
    This episode was of much lower quality (story-wise and humour-wise) than previous fillers of this series (Rotom and Wild Junsa come to mind), which was a bit o' bad.

Do the Robot!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I doubt he would stand there thinking about his own Glalie while getting attacked by a crazy one.

Poacher: Glalie! Hyper Beam!
    *Everyone runs for their lives except Ash*
    Ash: Oh yes, I remember my Glalie. What an amazing Pokemon. Maybe one day I can teach it Hyper Beam.
    if ash was good friends with the guy then yes but hell no that would be stupid lol.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

i totally thought chimchar was going to evolve in this episode.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

I thought this episode would be a little more interesting. Like a mention of Ash's Glalie after seeing Snorunt, or maybe a flash back of Ash's Snorunt? This episode was boring and bleak and I wish Chimchar maybe evolved in this episode.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

I really enjoyed this episode. Chimchar sure can take loads of hits! TR battling alongside Ash and Co.(pretty much just Ash and Dawn, mainly Ash) was very awesome. Too bad we never learned the poacher's name. He has a Glalie, so why can't he just breed it with that Froslass? His Glalie was probably Male, and Froslass are always Female, I believe.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I liked it when Dawn was imitating Meowth.

why didn't Froslass just ask them to help look for her child instead of kipnaping pikachu and meowth

^ Because Snorunt had been kidnapped by a human and she wasn't sure if she could trust people. Also, she kidnapped Piplup, not Pikachu.

Anyway...OK episode. Not the worst filler out there, and it was nice seeing one of my favorite Ice Pokemon, but nothing much happened. I agree with whoever said Glalie was way too strong. Atleast the hunet got what was coming to him...

I claimed Skarmory!

the episode was very entertaiment, i really loved that battle and that Glalie was very good but i did not like the fact that chimchar lasted that long since he suposed to be week in defeces.

and i hated ash comment about on hope because he is the only fire type they had,type never stop him before.

Quote Originally Posted by j1y2n4x View Post
    I was really hoping that the house could look more Japanese.
    dont be a webo pokemon have multi cultural city,houses and stuff since the begining.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkleo View Post
    Same here. Dawn's imitation was pretty good, actually.

Overall, I enjoyed this episode. The writers should have said the poacher's name though.

White 2:

I always enjoy the Team Rocket-Ash and co. team ups. They're usually quite fun to watch and this episode was no different. The Glalie in this episode seemed unstoppable since it took 5 Pokémon (Yanmega, Buneary, Chimchar, Carnivine, and Froslass) to finally defeat it. I'm surprised that Brock didn't send out a Pokémon to help out against the poacher and Glalie since it would've been nice to see Sudowoodo(?) or Croagunk battle. Overall, it was a nice filler episode even though I was hoping Team Rocket wouldn't try to steal a Pokémon. At least they failed in a funny way.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    I always enjoy the Team Rocket-Ash and co. team ups. They're usually quite fun to watch and this episode was no different. The Glalie in this episode seemed unstoppable since it took 5 Pokémon (Yanmega, Buneary, Chimchar, Carnivine, and Froslass) to finally defeat it. I'm surprised that Brock didn't send out a Pokémon to help out against the poacher and Glalie since it would've been nice to see Sudowoodo(?) or Croagunk battle. Overall, it was a nice filler episode even though I was hoping Team Rocket wouldn't try to steal a Pokémon. At least they failed in a funny way.
    Well, Glalie was dodging most of the attacks. Only Chimchar never fainted.

White 2:

I really liked today's epsiode! Some folks may call it a filler, but I was quite content with it, except one scene which I'm going to mention later.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyAeon View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again...I LOVE Twerp/Rocket cooperation episodes!
    So do I! To be honest, this Twerp-Team Rocket-cooperation accounted for the episode being especially good and entertaining!

But don't you think that leaving Meowth and Piplup behind was a little bit "cruel"? I'd say being "on the rocks" isn't the most comfortable or desirable situation you'd wish to be in.
    LOL "Meowth on the rocks"... I don't know why, but this thought is somehow cracking me up. Hey, I've got it! That's the name for the latest fashionable cocktail! :lol:
    On the other hand, both Pokemon didn't seem to suffer from being frozen at all. Asserting that they enjoyed it may probably be a little bit far-fetched, but let's put it this way: Did you see them shivering? I didn't, which somehow surprised me.

The cooperation-and-looking-for-Snorunt part was awesome and once again created this special adventure atmosphere which for the most part explains the unbroken success of Pokemon.

But now let's busy ourselves with the scene that I mentioned at the beginning and that kind of bothered me: The battle between Ash and the poatcher started so promising, but ended somewhat disappointing.. At first, Ash really came up with a decent and smart strategy, namely dodging Glalie's direct attacks by using Dig and attacking it from behind. But all of a sudden, Ash, who may meanwhile be considered an experienced and advanced trainer, started to order only direct(!) physical attacks against such a powerful opponents instead of super-effective fire-type attacks which of course were doomed to fail. Why do the writers every now and then have Ash fall back into his old mistakes which he made when he was still a greenhorn? That's out of place if you ask me.
    Now my suggestion for a possible solution:
    Chimchar could have defeated Glalie easily, no matter how stong it was if Ash had kept on using fire attacks cleverly. Of course, his third attempt to dodge was way to predictable and therefore as clumsy as the direct physical attacks, but a well-thought-out combination of digging and fire moves would have finished off Glalie with ease.
    Furthermore, had Glalie used Protect again, it wouldn't have been a problem at all either as I've developed the perfect strategy how to deal with that kind of moves: As Chimchar is rather small and light, it could have jumped onto this green-yellow "ball" which Protect creates. As soon as the protective effect has worn off, Chimchar could have fired off a mighty Flamethrower or Flamewheel from above against the helpless Glalie. This ploy, followed by one or two other fire attacks immediately afterwards, would have guaranteed a quick and effortless victory for Ash.
    Yeah I know I would be a born Pokemon Trainer! ^^

Despite this flaw it was an exciting, rousing and action-packed episode which deserves

7 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkleo View Post
    I did too.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdarkside View Post
    dont be a webo pokemon have multi cultural city,houses and stuff since the begining.
    Liking the Japanese culture does not mean he/she is trying to be Japanese. Besides, I'm sure they wanted it to look Japanese to fit Froslass. Froslass looks extremely Japanese

Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever View Post
    I really liked today's epsiode! Some folks may call it a filler, but I was quite content with it, except one scene which I'm going to mention later.

So do I! To be honest, this Twerp-Team Rocket-cooperation accounted for the episode being especially good and entertaining!

7 out of 10 points
    Same. Team Rocket-Ash's group cooperating is always good.

The battle:

Wow...the villains really are overpowered. And I thought Saturn, Mars, and J's pokemon were powerful. It took 5 pokemon to defeat this Glalie. Carnivine, Yanmega, Chimchar, Buneary, and Froslass.

One thing I never understood, if these villains are so strong why don't they enter leagues? If the rest of their pokemon are this strong they should have no trouble winning. It's almost to Elite 4 standards.
    Last edited by thunderblade12; 26th July 2009 at 6:08 AM.

thunderblade12 i think u meant it took 5 pokemon to defeat glalie. that glalie was so tough. Ash's glalie looks weak and nice compared to that 1! Ash should have used pikachu with its iron tail to help.
    Ash's team right now

This episode was good. Cool to see a Froslass. Also like to see one of my favorite ice types make a return, although Leer was a random move. Team Rocket blasting off was one of the funniest I seen in a long time.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I liked this episode. Finally seeing Froslass was good. I like the episodes where Ash and the gang work with Team Rocket on something.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

Quite a good episode. ^^
    Since I have nothing to do, I'm just going to list a few points- things I notice, things that are funny, things I like / hate etc.

-Ah, another good ol' truce with Team Rocket.
    -Seeing Froslass cooking for Ash and co in the cabin made me giggle. No idea why.
    -That poacher has one hell of a Glalie. Even though he was outnumbered 4 to 1, he still won.
    -The battle between the poacher and Ash started off good, but got extremely boring and repetitive. It was all, "Chimchar! Dig, flame wheel!" and "Glalie! Protect, Gyro ball!" for just about the whole battle. No strategy.
    -I don't believe Ash and co. actually passed on Meowth's message. I thought Meowth was just saying it as a pun.
    -Dawn said twerps the same way Meowth does. xD
    -I dunno about anyone else, but doesn't it seem a little suspicious that a cabin pops out of nowhere behind Froslass?
    -Pikachu did not do a single thing in this episode.
    -Seeing this episode reminds me of Ash's Glalie. I miss Glalie.
    -I like the music in this episode ^^ Especially at the beginning of the battle with the poacher, and at the end where they farewell Froslass.
    -Team Rocket's exit in this episode was great. xD

my pokémon ruby team since 2004 <3

currently playing pokémon platinum

I find this episode a strange one.

Nice to see Froslass but her character was a bit too... meh.

The Rocket-Ash group was actually nice to see. It makes things more exciting.

That poachers Glalie seems to be overpowered, seriously. Rocket-Ash group should had easily defeated them in seconds. Disappointing.

Also, I guess Hyperbeam recharge count doesn't apply anymore in the episodes.

Still, the failed attempt in stealing Pikachu was just a 'lol' moment which made things a bit more entertaining.

I give it a 6.5/10.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/jb1rmh.jpg[/IMG]
    I claimed Ponyta

I customized these

Did team rocket miss to do their motto in this episode?

Hm, episode was nothing special. I don't really like Froslass and I already became sick of Dawn's Piplup and TR's Meowth...
    Man, that Glalie was soo strong, it's weird how none of theese Pokemon Ash and Co. have weren't able to defeat it!

I missed the episode yesterday because I went to the Comic-Con, but now I managed to finally watch it when a friend of mine at DeviantART send me a link to the episode. I have to say it is good, but I thought they could've saved Froslass for the next gym battle episode at Snowpoint City. I never knew there were also Pokemon poachers as I thought Pokemon hunters already took that role for stealing pokemon to be rich.

I just thought it was dumb that Ash told chimchar to use scratch before a fire attack...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast