Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Drifting Snorunt (584)

Good episode but i would have liked it if ash would have mentioned his snowrunt i don't now why

It wasn't too great of an episode. A lack luster filler before the gang reaches Snowpoint City. The only thing that really bothered me was the fight against Glalie. How was it capable of taking on 5 pokemon at once? They just made it way too powerful.

And Ash telling Chimchar he's their only hope because he's a fire type? Um isn't Glalie a Ice/Dark type? Doesn't Croagunk know the fighting type move brick break? Wouldn't that be X4 effective against Glalie? Or are we just ignoring Brock's Pokemon now?

Anyway this episode is the type I wouldn't mind missing. It was just a boring filler.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

^^^^^Glalie is a pure Ice type. Croagunk still would have been a fine choice, but so would Pika (Iron Tail), Sudowoodo and Gliscor (Fire Fang, although Gliscor still isn't that great of a choice.

I have a question, how did Chimchar take so many Hyper Beams?

Quote Originally Posted by firelovindocker View Post
    quite dissapointing this episode went like this
    chimchar loses in a boring battle
    froslass beats glalie instead
    froslass is boring
    chimchar went bad
    no refrences to dawn stone or ash's glalie
    and i had high hopes for this ep...sigh
    This episode was pretty boring... I was expecting much more by it. When it first had ash and co help frostlass I knew it wasnt gonna be like I thought the episode would. That snorunts voice was ugly btw. And that hunter seemed impossible to beat with a ugly ice type.......when Ash had a FIRE type pokemon?! Come on now and that protect shouldnt have worked so much like it did. That made Ash look weak as a piece of bacon. Wtheck was that all about!? Frostlass should have been put into a better viewing. Lame battle and lame episode I gotta say but I loved how TR slipped and rolled away as a blastoff, only thing I liked.

I really enjoyed this episode! Though I do agree that the Glalie seemed too strong. Anyone else notice that they used the ending theme from Jirachi Wish Maker in the ending for this episode? That's an added plus for me. XD
    Last edited by 'Ferno; 27th July 2009 at 6:25 AM.

Was an okish episode. I liked Team Rocket and Ash and co working together although I felt a bit sorry for Meouth. Liked Dawn imatating Meouth though and it was good to see Frosslass. i thought Ash was going to mention his Snorunt as well,that would have been a good bit to put in. Nothing much happened but i supose you cant have high drama all the time

I gotta say, I enjoyed the episode as well. I feel the same way when the gang and Team Rocket work together. They're always pretty good. And also, Froslass was great to see in the anime.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

When I saw this episode in japanese i was wondering what that spinning attack glalie was doing. I would have never guessed it was gyro ball.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by totallylost View Post
    ^^^^^Glalie is a pure Ice type. Croagunk still would have been a fine choice, but so would Pika (Iron Tail), Sudowoodo and Gliscor (Fire Fang, although Gliscor still isn't that great of a choice.

I have a question, how did Chimchar take so many Hyper Beams?
    The way Ash was pushing it made it take in all those hyper beams.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Been a while since I saw it - don't know if I'll remember everything...

In a seemingly bone-chilling day, with temperatures at rock-bottom, TR are practically suffering from frostbite. They then see a Froslass, which is thus beckoning them to follow her. Not a good sign, as since Froslass is a ghost, having one such ghost beckon you is a sign that death is coming. They follow it, being the dipsticks that they are, & I'm expecting them to be dead from frostbite.

Just as soon as that's done, we then head to Ash & his gang, who are also caught in the said blizzard, & like TR, they are ill-prepared for times such as this. However, they are smarter, if only slightly, because they actually try to find a shelter with a means of getting a fire set up. Unfortunately for them, nature conspires against them by sliding some snow on top of their fire, & for the double whammy, that same Froslass that supposedly lured TR to their deaths is now beckoning them to follow her. This time, however, a nice & cozy cabin awaits them; Froslass leads them inside, & supposedly shelters them from the blizzard; she even makes them warm food - a perfect setup if I ever saw one. Once Dawn's Piplup gets in the tub, everything goes to hell, as it turns into a block of ice, & the cabin turns into an ice cave. However, instead of condeming them to an icy death, Froslass took Piplup hostage, & to top that off, she did the same thing to TR's Meowth. Turns out, she wants her child Snorunt back in her hands, which happened to wander off into the wild blue yonder. Being the pure-hearted people that they are, they decide to help her out.

As the search commences, they happen to bump into TR, but there's no fighting & carrying on this time, as they both have much bigger fish to fry. THey soon join forces for the time being, & soon, they find the Snorunt; they also found more - a Glalie, but this one has evil intentions. It just so seems to be that this one in particular belongs to a poacher, who wants that Snorunt for his own gain. Everyone gets in his way, but he's not amused; he sends Glalie to them; they try to fight back, but its endless flurry of attacks seem to be too much. Combine that with the fact that Glalie can fire off a Hyper Beam (I'd like calling it a "Special Beam Cannon") & still be able to fight back immediately afterward gives me the hunking suspicion that the poacher's Glalie is haxxor'd. Just as soon as all hope is lost, Froslass joins the fray on Ash's side, & with their combined strength, they pummel him & Glalie into submission. They then cage them in his own cage & leave him to die from frostbite.

Froslass is reunited with her child, they get their Pokemon back, & all is well. After they leave, the temperature starts to climb to the point that the snow starts melting - that means no frostbite for the poacher, but he's still going nowhere...

Looks like my memory is still as sharp as ever! *snickers*

*continues to linger around*

Froslass: Come with me if you'RE TOO STUPID TO DRESS APPROPRIATELY FOR THE SNOW.

If I wanted some dank nugs on this show, I would catch me a ghost. Good thing Ash and the gang ended up with pants this time.

Hey, if you can't trust the devil, who can you trust?

Great work today guys! We just rationalized holding others hostage!

An Ash-Rocket seize fire. Next, Brock solves the Middle East Crisis!

Careful. If you damage the Snorunt, the mother might not take it back.

Wait a minute...the cheap cop-out 'evil' COTD already? You're not due 'till the last 5 minutes!

Always quick to blame the poachers huh? This is why I don't hang out with trainers!

Behold my LICENSE TO POACH (expired).

All Glalie does is Hyper Beam or Protect->Gyro Ball. SOMEONE FIGURE IT OUT! This crap battle's way into overtime!

Now Team Rocket, just because you can help Ash, doesn't mean you should. See what Brock and Dawn are doing to help Ash? That's right, nothing. You could do with a little of that.

It really had to come to the point that Froslass abandoned its captives out of concern for you guys. Really (and it didn't even showcase a new attack).

Now you had to ruin Wish Upon a Star for me!

3/10 Kill the writers, burn the tape, never speak of this episode again. I like snow, but I hate garbage.

Okay episode, but TR were too much benevolent here. Instead of trying to get something to melt Froslass with and swipe the Snorunt under everybody's nose, they play good guys. Sad.
    Il Gran Velenatore del Poke-mondo.
    The Great Poisoner of the Pokeworld.

Default S**kers, BONSAI, and PMD Trip Traps?

Meowth said a bad word in the episode. He called the Twerps "s**kers"!
    How would they let that by in a children's cartoon?
    Also, what did Team Rocket say before they slipped on the snow? I think it was "BONSAI!" meaning "Good Luck!" And...

I think there was a mention of Trip Traps in the episode at the end, they tripped on snow! I think there was a trip trap underfoot!

Or was it something else?
    Answer the BONSAI question and the snow tripping question, please.

Also, post your reaction to Meowth saying "s**kers".

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
    Get your own at Pokeplushies!
    [IMG]http://i34.*******.com/30rsfp2.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Manaphyfan12 View Post
    Meowth said a bad word in the episode. He called the Twerps "s**kers"!
    How would they let that by in a children's cartoon?
    Also, what did Team Rocket say before they slipped on the snow? I think it was "BONSAI!" meaning "Good Luck!" And...

I think there was a mention of Trip Traps in the episode at the end, they tripped on snow! I think there was a trip trap underfoot!

Or was it something else?
    Answer the BONSAI question and the snow tripping question, please.

Also, post your reaction to Meowth saying "s**kers".
    You've never seen Ed, Edd, and Eddy, have you? "Sucker" is a word that con-artists use to describe people who have successfully fallen for some kind of scam. It is used in almost every episode of Ed, Edd, and Eddy (which is even more childish than Pokemon) as well as some episodes of Spongebob and numerous other kid shows that I can't remember off-handedly.
    Sucker is also a word for a lollypop, depending on context.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

This episode is great. But Ash's Chimcher is pefetic when kepping losing to the poucher's Glalie.

I sometimes wonder if Ash even remembers he has a Glalie. The fact that he's used his pokedex on pokemon he's already seen speaks volumes about his memory.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

It had so much more potential if Froslass had been more wicked.

I liked how the whole Snorunt evolutionary family appeared in this one and how there was a new bad guy aside from Team Rocket.

Overall, 5/10

Great episode. i loved to see Glalie again.

the battle vs Chimchar was one of my favorites, too bad it isn't over. 9/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

This episode reminded me just how much I miss Ash's snorunt. It was absolutely adorable, and they had to ruin everything by evolving it not even a season after he caught it. The poor darling was just doomed to be left behind at Professor Oak's. They should have NEVER evolved it.

As for this episode, I thought it was pretty good. At least it's one episode where Team Rocket and Team Twerp get to cooperate with each other without fighting, the kind of rare episode I enjoy. And that snorunt was adorable.
    My Shinies:
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:

This episode was OK to me, nothing special.

A fine episode, Snorunt had a lot of action here.

Froslass is what made the episode for me. It was nice to see such a beautiful Pokemon.
    Hoenn confirmed
    November 21st
    Are you ready?

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:
    (confirmed!) (<primal)

Nice to see the whole ice family

Soul- I am pretty sure it was Dawn who had pointed the dex at Glalie not to mention Snorunt, although it would have been nice for Ash to mention his own

I didn't think it was a bad episode, I liked it really, Froslass was interesting (Shame it didn't completely follow the urban legend that Froslass is based on) and nice to see TR and Ash.co working together for like 20mins (Although it was only a couple of episodes they were helping them to fight Team Galatic
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

This episode was ok... It was cool to see a Frosslass for the 1st time. I like Frosslass a lot better than Glalie. It was interesting how Frosslass kidnapped Meowth and Piplup to force the gang and TR to find her child Snorunt. Frosslass is 1 strong Pokemon. It was odd to see Chimchar using dig on a snow field.

30/100

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast