Thread: Highest level pokemon that obeys you prior to obtaining the cascade badge?

Default Highest level pokemon that obeys you prior to obtaining the cascade badge?

I know that all Pokemon up to lv. 30 are forced to obey you after winning the Cerulean Gym. What is the highest level that obeys you before that?

Only traded Pokemon will disobey you at any point. (If you're the OT, it will obey you regardelss of level and badges). Until you have the Cascade badge, all traded Pokemon will disobey you regardless of level.
    Sapphire Scramble Challenge completed.
    Now taking Pearl Challenge Final Team:
    Luminion Torterra Bastiodon Rapidash Carnivine Luxray

I don't think there is a set level. In the newer games they always seem to obey me before level 10 so I am guessing it's the same in Gen 1.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

It's level 10 I think...
    Since GSC until DP I'm sure it's Lv10 but in RBY I'm not so sure.

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W47 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

I'm pretty sure your own pokemon will obey you at any level before getting the 2nd badge. But perhaps they stop obeying at level 30. At any rate, any traded pokemon won't obey until you get the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Pkmn Breeder Jack View Post
    I'm pretty sure your own pokemon will obey you at any level before getting the 2nd badge. But perhaps they stop obeying at level 30. At any rate, any traded pokemon won't obey until you get the badge.
    They will, only traded pokemon disobey you.
    Last edited by Zazie; 3rd March 2009 at 6:16 PM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by N_Shadow19 View Post
    It's level 10 I think...
    Since GSC until DP I'm sure it's Lv10 but in RBY I'm not so sure.
    This wouldn't make sense though since Misty's pokemon are around level 20. So if your pokemon only obey you up to level 10, then you're supposed to fight a level 21 Starmie with a level 9 Pidgey?

I'm pretty sure in at least the 1st gen, like other people have said, if you're the OT your pokemon will obey you no matter what. It only effects traded pokemans.
    My current team in Crystal

It's probably 10, since all the other Gens have it at 10.

Currently trying to fix the mistakes I've made.
        Spoiler:- Sad story:

Quote Originally Posted by FastTonyDeNiro View Post
    This wouldn't make sense though since Misty's pokemon are around level 20. So if your pokemon only obey you up to level 10, then you're supposed to fight a level 21 Starmie with a level 9 Pidgey?

I'm pretty sure in at least the 1st gen, like other people have said, if you're the OT your pokemon will obey you no matter what. It only effects traded pokemans.
    I do not think you are supposed to fight Starmie with a lv 9 Pidgey that you got from someone else. The idea might be to either raise one on your own or trade a higher level one and hope it does not disobey at a crucial moment.

I would rather raise one one my own. Then again, I am one of those overtrainers who go into that Gym battle with a Gyarados (I like to start with Charmander). That Starmie was a pain in the everything against anything not resistant, and Misty always was willing to let her Staryu faint to save any Curative items for Starmie.
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

-Karen, Final member of GSC Elite 4.

My Favorites (which makes me really sad that there is no Fire/Dragon)

Team history (obviously not competitive):
    RBY: Charizard, Dragonite, Tauros, Starmie, Zapdos, Victreebel
    GSC: Typhlosion, Kingdra, Raikou, Tyrannitar, Miltank, Espeon
    RSE: Blaziken, Salamence, Gardevoir, Flygon, Manectric, Mightyena
    DPPt (growing): Infernape, Gyarados, Luxray, Staraptor, Gabite, Weavile

like what other people have said: it can't be level 10. brock's onix was level 14 so that would mean you had to use something that was at level 5. i usually had had my starter at their second stage by misty and remember you could either fight your rival before or after you beat misty. his pokemon were at least at 16.
    --- Gen V has taken over!! ---

Black FC: 4212 3334 5101 >> name: Gray -- team:

White FC: 4169 5063 3363 >> name: Scarlet -- team:

^..... Casual battles and trades are welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by MKFC View Post
    It's probably 10, since all the other Gens have it at 10.
    It can't be 10 since I remember that I had Pikachu (Level 25), Pidgeotto (Level 24) and Butterfree (Level 23) and they all obeyed me.

It's level 10 for traded pokemon only if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by Slowking[George]; 20th March 2009 at 3:49 PM.

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

All traded pokemon before that badge won't obey. After that pokemon<lvl 30 traded will obey.
    Diamond FC - 3996 1461 3639
    http://rarfu7.mybrute.com

If you caught them yourself, you can train Pokemon up to level 100 before the first badge and they will always obey you.

Traded Pokemon are the only ones that disobey. They start disobeying at Level 11, until you get the Cascade Badge. This is to stop you being traded high-leveled Pokemon early in the game so you can speed through it.
    SAPH

Your own pokemon will always obey you no matter what, its only traded pokemon which won't and that is from level 10 onwards, until you get the cascade badge, then they will obey until level 30 and so on according to the respective badge. I used to trade for all three starters, which wasn't much fun because they wouldn't listen to you once they reached level 10, you couldn't really use them until you got all 8 badges because they would always be at a lower level than you needed them to beat the gym leader. I guess it is so people can't cheat and beat a gym leader with a traded pokemon, although even your friend's level 100 mewtwo would beat them when it finally decides to hit the opponent, even with the wrong move, so its a nice try.
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

The answer is Level 100.

Good day.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

Your pokemon could get to any level and they'll listen to you. I had a Charizard on 37 before I took on Misty and he listened to me fine because I was his original owner.

All the credit to this awesome sig goes to Skiyomi.
    Pm me if you wanna chat.

i tried training pokemon past a certain level to see if they would disobey me
    it didn't work for me unless they were traded

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shinies: Graveler & Floatzel - X - Completely Random - September 1st, 2014.