1. This is NOT a 5th generation thread! You will not discuss the games or future pokemon and/or their evolutions here. This is about the MOVIE, not the new generation. Only discuss pokemon that could possibly appear or have been confirmed to appear (theories about Notched-ear Pichu are fine) in the movie.
2. NO GSC REMAKE DISCUSSION! I know everyone thinks that because the Johto starters are in this movie, that is foreshadowing a GSC remake, but remember, this is a thread about the movie, and that is off topic. GSC remake discussion is also a banned topic throughout the forums, so just don't bring it up.
3. Do not post news that is already listed here! Discuss it, sure, but don't claim it is "new" when it has been here for a while. Always check the first post before posting.
4. Respect everyone's opinions and ideas about this movie. However, if you find a post to be completely ridiculous (aka, not relating to any of the news that has been released about the movie) and causing trouble, report it.
5. NO ONE-LINERS! 2-3 sentences minimum per post, please. If you can't do that, then just don't post.
INFORMATION RELEASED SO FAR / UPDATES
If you feel like there is something that should be added to this list, PM/VM me about it instead of posting here. Thanks.
1. Greece is the basis for the setting of this movie.
2. The pokemon behind the question mark has been confirmed to be a notched-ear Pichu. It is female and is fond of Grepa Berries.
3. Arceus, as well Dialga and Palkia, are confirmed to be the stars of the movie according to a calendar that was released in December. The red, emphasized letters from the pokemons' names spell out ARCEUS when put together.
4. The Johto starters have been confirmed to appear in this movie. Their roles, however, are unknown. They have appeared along-side notched-ear Pichu and the opposite of Heatran.
Yes, this is what I was looking forward to seeing you do, and thanks Chelc. So, I only hope that the starters, will be getting a significant part in the movie plot. Though, I do wonder where and when they come in. Much less if they are owned by a trainer, or two/three. And with those poster pictures, I'm looking forward to seeing Ash's new and evolved team.
@palamon: would it make sense to have a movie whose title has nothing to do with the plot?
on topic: I think the Johto Starters, Heathran and Pichu will appear in a Pikachu special :/ ... I mean... Heathran has nothing to do with Arceus and I don't see a Totodile firing a water gun to stop palkia from attacking someone else :/
I'm thinking that the johto starters that will be featured are all going to be owned by different trainers that will probably locals to the near by town, liked they did for the fully evolved sinnoh starters in the darkrai movie.
Well, can we really be sure that these Pokemon will have major roles in the movie?
We thought Palkia would be in Movie 11 and that it and Dialga would have a big role.
For all we know, the Gods might just have a small role in the beginning, causing a disturbance in time and space or something and the rest of the movie might just be Arceus and Heatran.
I'm gonna crash this thread while I still can, Chelc, before every single one of your rules is rampantly broken for every onslaught of news that we get.
Originally Posted by IcyKerpymon
on topic: I think the Johto Starters, Heathran and Pichu will appear in a Pikachu special :/
They haven't done one of those since Movie 6.
... I mean... Heathran has nothing to do with Arceus and I don't see a Totodile firing a water gun to stop palkia from attacking someone else :/
Regigigas had nothing to do with Giratina. Heck, you would also think Shaymin had nothing to with Giratina before knowing Movie 11's summary. Simply put, he's gonna be shoehorned into some tacky role or cameo similar to Regigigas or Kyogre so that they can make room for the all-out BEAM BRAWL between this generation's titanic legends.
And of course, you know there's both the inevitible intro battle sequence over the opening credits and the inevitible picnic scene where everybody's Pokemon are out. Perfect place to show off "cute" critters.
(Also, it's a common mistake I see around these parts, so as a flag for everyone, it's Heatran, not Heathran. The name Heathran sounds like a fiery Heathcliff. Or fiery Heath Bar. Or fiery Heath Dead-Joker-Dude-Who-Stole-Oscar-from-Living-Person.)
Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!
Any hope that the action is going to go beyond the usual "Beam-'splode & rubbery-bounce" attacks? I have a mental image of 'bumper-cars gone horribly wrong' being the pinnacle action sequence.
The opening action sequence in the Darkrai movie was stellar and I hope (not holding my breath on this one) that the animators are able to direct the action sequence between Dialga/Palkia/Giratina/Arceus in that style versus, say, Darkrai Vs. Cresselia.
Stay on topic guys.
But seriously, what if Pichu is the embodiment of Arceus?
It is supposed to play an important role...
And what about my earlier theory???
I thought we were on topic. Y'know, speculating on whether or not the titans could be disguised as the starters and Pichu.
The idea that Arceus could be Pichu in disguise... something just doesn't "sound right" about it. You would think that Arceus would be summoned by some mystical item *coughazureflutecough* rather than be hidden as a small Pokemon.
As for the "Movie is based on Heatran and Arceus" theory, what exactly is it that Heatran can do? We have the whole battle between the trio which is enough to base the movie on entirely, Heatran is probably just having a cameo like Regigigas.
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!
Click HERE to be rickrolled... c'mon, you know you want to.
Spoiler:- I HAVE DEFIED ALL MATHS AND LOGIC!:
A = B
A^2 = AB
A^2 - B^2 = AB - B^2
(A + B)(A - B) = B(A - B)
(A + B) = B
A + B = B
B + B = B
2B = B 2 = 1
cool new movie thread. thanks chelc that old one was getting out of hand.
i'm still wondering what role the notched eared pichu will have. they say it's a key electric pokemon. but what if they mean key as in it holds the power to summon arceus when the dragons fight is getting out of hand. but then what will heatran's role be. in the movie poster it's shown looking angrily at ash, ne pichu, pikachu and johto starters. and pikachu is about to thunderbolt it. so would you say heatran is misunderstood or a bad guy
-Charizard is the greatest pokemon.
BOW DOWN BEFORE HIM!
Maybe, when Dialga uses Roar of time, it accidently sends Dawn and brock into the past, near a volcano that happens to have heatran in it, and their forced to defend themselves from the onslaught of Heatrans attacks. Meanwhile Ash, arceus, notch eared pichu ect, do their best to calm down the titans, through epic arceus form changes and judgement attacks, before dawn and Brock get killed by Heatran.
Or they could just leave brock in the past with heatran. :P