Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Shipping Names Explained

Quote Originally Posted by CandleReaper View Post
    Your head will be on a pike if PPL saw this.

Kansas shipping is Lyra x Whitney.

I'm guessing they call it Kansas because they both look like they can have grown up on a farm, and they seem to give of that Valley Girl feel.
    I think Vycksta mentioned earlier on the thread that she named the pairing, and that there's a reason "unsuitable for young members" or something. Or is my memory getting messed up?

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress
    I think Vycksta mentioned earlier on the thread that she named the pairing, and that there's a reason "unsuitable for young members" or something. Or is my memory getting messed up?
    Nope, your memory is perfectly intact!

FullMetalAlchemist, if you want the reason behind Kansasshipping's name, then drop me a PM. As already mentioned by Flame Mistress, it's not out-and-out terrible, just not exactly PG-13.

So long, best friend; Bryony Sarah White: 28/6/87 - 29/6/13
    Ships I've NamedTwitter

Why is Volkner x Mars called JingoismShipping? Never quite understood that...

Shingeki no Kyojin | Jean Kirstein
    FF.Net
    * Tumblr

Spoiler:- Credit:

if i could take a wild guess... it has do with extreame patriotism and i guess both show it, i mean, Mars' extreame loyalty counts as extreame patriotism. im not sure about volkner though.
    岩根雅明=♡

May I ask why CressxSkyla is jetlagshipping? I kinda get it, but I don't. ;-;

Also, why is BurghxElesa called juxtapozshipping (sp?)?
    e, e, e, electric shock
    The electric shocks are flowing down my body
    About to faint, risky, e l e c t r i f y i n g
    Set the voltage, love me

I’m in shock

Quote Originally Posted by xorain View Post

Also, why is BurghxElesa called juxtapozshipping (sp?)?
    Well, I can help on the last one. The name is another word for Juxtapose, which means tow things that stand out and contrast another, like Burgh's and Elesa's personalities, clothing style, and so forth.

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

this is a bit of an educated guess, but:

skyla is a pilot, obviously, and mistralton city & striaton city are basically on opposite sides of unova. so if she were to fly to striaton to visit cress she might experience jetlag because of different timezones. this is assuming of course that unova is large enough to have different timezones, but since it's based on the USA i think that's a definite possibility. (:

Quote Originally Posted by CandleReaper View Post
    Well, I can help on the last one. The name is another word for Juxtapose, which means tow things that stand out and contrast another, like Burgh's and Elesa's personalities, clothing style, and so forth.
    Oh! That makes so much more sense now. Thank you ^^

Quote Originally Posted by izarith View Post
    this is a bit of an educated guess, but:

skyla is a pilot, obviously, and mistralton city & striaton city are basically on opposite sides of unova. so if she were to fly to striaton to visit cress she might experience jetlag because of different timezones. this is assuming of course that unova is large enough to have different timezones, but since it's based on the USA i think that's a definite possibility. (:
    Ah, I thought it was something like that, but I didn't think Unova had different timezones. Thank you! :3
    e, e, e, electric shock
    Set the voltage, love me

I’m in shock

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    if i could take a wild guess... it has do with extreame patriotism and i guess both show it, i mean, Mars' extreame loyalty counts as extreame patriotism. im not sure about volkner though.
    It's okay. At least it makes a little more sense for me now. Thank you!

Why is Trip x Bianca ModelShipping? Is it because Trip likes taking pictures and Bianca therefore would seem like a model?
    The same goes for Trip x Dawn (PortraitShipping)?

FF.Net
    * Tumblr

Why is Archer/Lyra called DaphneShipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirthey View Post
    in greek mythology, daphne was a nymph who was pursued by the god apollo (archer's japanese name). she turned herself into a tree rather than give in to his advances ;o
    & lyra would probably be a bit conflicted/opposed to a romantic relationship with an enemy, so it makes sense IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirthey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by izarith View Post
    in greek mythology, daphne was a nymph who was pursued by the god apollo (archer's japanese name). she turned herself into a tree rather than give in to his advances ;o
    & lyra would probably be a bit conflicted/opposed to a romantic relationship with an enemy, so it makes sense IMO.
    Added bonus, intentional or not, is that Apollo created and played the lyre. Daphne was also turned into a laurel tree, which branches of were used to crown champions.
    Last edited by Toran Frostbite; 22nd October 2012 at 3:24 AM.
    Yaoi is a genre of homosexuality, not a synonym for it!
    Get it right.
    Hidden Leaf - Natane || Hayato - Wing Master || Phantom Menace - Matsuba || Renbu - Holy Knight

shipping tumblr / Shippers Record Keeper of BMGf / Massive Collection of Unnamed 'Ships

Quote Originally Posted by watericedragon View Post
    It's okay. At least it makes a little more sense for me now. Thank you!

Why is Trip x Bianca ModelShipping? Is it because Trip likes taking pictures and Bianca therefore would seem like a model?
    The same goes for Trip x Dawn (PortraitShipping)?
    That's what i've always assumed.

Why is Marlon/Brawly called seaweedshipping? ;o

I know Marlon swims, and he's a water type trainer; Brawly surfs a lot. But why seaweed? * u*
    e, e, e, electric shock
    Set the voltage, love me

I’m in shock

Why is Marlon/Brawly called seaweedshipping? ;o

I know Marlon swims, and he's a water type trainer; Brawly surfs a lot. But why seaweed? * u*
    well theres a surfing wax called seaweed Also surfers have to pay attention to how much seaweed there in an area where you surf.Also seaweed is a euphamism.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    Also seaweed is a euphamism.
    Less on the "sea" and more on the "weed", if I know the submitter well enough, but that's a reasoning that can go ignored if necessary, given everything else about how seaweed related to both of their hobbies.
    Yaoi is a genre of homosexuality, not a synonym for it!
    Get it right.
    Hidden Leaf - Natane || Hayato - Wing Master || Phantom Menace - Matsuba || Renbu - Holy Knight

shipping tumblr / Shippers Record Keeper of BMGf / Massive Collection of Unnamed 'Ships

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    well theres a surfing wax called seaweed Also surfers have to pay attention to how much seaweed there in an area where you surf.Also seaweed is a euphamism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toran Frostbite View Post
    Less on the "sea" and more on the "weed", if I know the submitter well enough, but that's a reasoning that can go ignored if necessary, given everything else about how seaweed related to both of their hobbies.
    Ooh, I see. Thank you so much! c:
    e, e, e, electric shock
    Set the voltage, love me

I’m in shock

Here's one I've got to know about: Boadiceashipping (Cynthia x Karen). Anyone know about it?
    My bishie: Giselle
    Couples I claimed:
    Silver x Jasmine
    Gold x Whitney
    Joe x Giselle

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Packers Fan View Post
    Here's one I've got to know about: Boadiceashipping (Cynthia x Karen). Anyone know about it?
    well it's based on her http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ possbily just that both cynthia and karen they are both strong women,I'm guessing but thats what makes the most sense to me atm.

Is there any reason Colress and Professor Juniper is called 'PoisonedBerryshipping?' I haven't played the new games yet, so I might be missing an obvious reason, but it's been driving me crazy lately and I want to understand it.
    "Fire and water don't really mix. You could say they're incompatible. But when they do love each other, they love passionately." - Cornelia Funke, Inkspell.

Current Pokemon ships: FerrisWheel, DualRival, Manga, Wishful.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingEevee View Post
    Is there any reason Colress and Professor Juniper is called 'PoisonedBerryshipping?' I haven't played the new games yet, so I might be missing an obvious reason, but it's been driving me crazy lately and I want to understand it.
    Let me try to explain here, if I get this correctly. Aurea's (Since we canonly know both of the Juniper's names, I'm going on first name basis) last name is a type of plant called the Juniper bush. This bush creates berries that are edible, called Juniper berries, and they taste great with meats... Well, since Colress is scientist focused on studying power and potential (Seriously, why doesn't he work at Smogon?), and his team is unnatural, I'm guessing the poisoned part if from pollution that his views and Pokemon may cause. I hope that explains it.

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    Let me try to explain here, if I get this correctly. Aurea's (Since we canonly know both of the Juniper's names, I'm going on first name basis) last name is a type of plant called the Juniper bush. This bush creates berries that are edible, called Juniper berries, and they taste great with meats... Well, since Colress is scientist focused on studying power and potential (Seriously, why doesn't he work at Smogon?), and his team is unnatural, I'm guessing the poisoned part if from pollution that his views and Pokemon may cause. I hope that explains it.
    Oh, I see. I was trying to figure it out before I got White 2, so I would understand the naming if I decided to ship it. Thank you for clearing it up for me.
    "Fire and water don't really mix. You could say they're incompatible. But when they do love each other, they love passionately." - Cornelia Funke, Inkspell.

Current Pokemon ships: FerrisWheel, DualRival, Manga, Wishful.

Why is Jasmine/Yellow bookcovershipping and Diamond/Gold shamelessshipping? ;o
    e, e, e, electric shock
    Set the voltage, love me

I’m in shock

Why is Curtis x Rosa x Hugh DeepDarkSecretShipping? I still can't figure it out...

FF.Net
    * Tumblr

Why is Colress x Mei called Moonringshipping?
    And why is Lyra x Proton called Cannonshipping?
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/f42ruc.png[/IMG]
    Thank you Shade2000! Link to her shop~http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...7-Ocean-of-Art
    I love Legend of Zelda:Skyward Sword! PROBLEM?! I also love the anime Soul Eater, Angel Beats!, D. Gray Man, Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler, yet again, PROBLEM?!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-ekh...lNeW4J-nIQNgeg (GlitchxCity's N's Castle Bridge Symphonic Remix)

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast