Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 476 to 500 of 643

Thread: Shipping Names Explained

  1. #476
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sore wa himitsu desu~
    Posts
    2,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cerabi View Post
    And why is Lyra x Proton called Cannonshipping?
    It was probably a pun on "cannon" (as in "proton cannon") and the musical definition of "canon" (as calling it Canonshipping wouldn't have been the greatest idea, since it's far from the fandom definition of "canon"). But I didn't coin it, so there's most likely a better explanation.
    Yaoi is a genre of homosexuality, not a synonym for it!
    Get it right.
    Hidden Leaf - Natane || Hayato - Wing Master || Phantom Menace - Matsuba || Renbu - Holy Knight

    shipping tumblr / Shippers Record Keeper of BMGf / Massive Collection of Unnamed 'Ships

  2. #477
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Naoi's apartment.......
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toran Frostbite View Post
    It was probably a pun on "cannon" (as in "proton cannon") and the musical definition of "canon" (as calling it Canonshipping wouldn't have been the greatest idea, since it's far from the fandom definition of "canon"). But I didn't coin it, so there's most likely a better explanation.
    Thanks, that still helped....alot.
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/f42ruc.png[/IMG]
    Thank you Shade2000! Link to her shop~http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...7-Ocean-of-Art
    I love Legend of Zelda:Skyward Sword! PROBLEM?! I also love the anime Soul Eater, Angel Beats!, D. Gray Man, Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler, yet again, PROBLEM?!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-ekh...lNeW4J-nIQNgeg (GlitchxCity's N's Castle Bridge Symphonic Remix)

  3. #478
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Why is Nx Cynthia shampoo shipping?

    Agression, Destruction.
    Meowstic is officially mine!

    Credit to SM

  4. #479
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by epicjirachifan View Post
    Why is Nx Cynthia shampoo shipping?
    i assume it's because both of them have rather long, luscious hair ;o

  5. #480
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    11,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toran Frostbite
    It was probably a pun on "cannon" (as in "proton cannon") and the musical definition of "canon" (as calling it Canonshipping wouldn't have been the greatest idea, since it's far from the fandom definition of "canon"). But I didn't coin it, so there's most likely a better explanation.
    Actually, it is only down to the proton cannon reference. 8D /coined it

    So long, best friend; Bryony Sarah White: 28/6/87 - 29/6/13
    Ships I've NamedTwitter

  6. #481
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South East Abbey, Tethe'alla
    Posts
    1,722

    Default

    Why is Hilda x Kris called AliceBlueShipping?


    tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

  7. #482
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sore wa himitsu desu~
    Posts
    2,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auaria~ View Post
    Why is Hilda x Kris called AliceBlueShipping?
    Because it's a nearly-white shade of blue, and "Crystal" is blue-themed.
    Yaoi is a genre of homosexuality, not a synonym for it!
    Get it right.
    Hidden Leaf - Natane || Hayato - Wing Master || Phantom Menace - Matsuba || Renbu - Holy Knight

    shipping tumblr / Shippers Record Keeper of BMGf / Massive Collection of Unnamed 'Ships

  8. #483
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Why is Petrel and Proton called Olympicshipping?

  9. #484

    Default

    olympus lambda scan and lance armstrong are what come to mind about the olympics.

    but i could be wrond.
    岩根雅明=♡

  10. #485
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Why is Archer/Morty called IshimuraShipping?

  11. #486
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by linn View Post
    Why is Archer/Morty called IshimuraShipping?
    oh hey, that's one of mine c;
    i actually named it after the USG Ishimura from the video game Dead Space. archer's japanese name is apollo, which always brings to mind space exploration (b/c of apollo 11 & whatnot). and morty of course is a ghost specialist. so i was thinking "hmm, spooky stuff set on board a spaceship?" & voila~

  12. #487
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    I'm not telling you!!
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Of all these shippings, I like Betelgeuseshipping the best.

  13. #488
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elitegirl123 View Post
    Of all these shippings, I like Betelgeuseshipping the best.
    ok fair enough are you asking why it's called BetelgeuseShipping or are you just stating it?

  14. #489
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Any suggestions for hashtags to legshipping? I have one... It is #ash'sfoot

  15. #490
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sugar Rush
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Hello, could someone please explain to me why the pairing Blue (game) x Elesa is called GirijasuShipping? I like how the word "girijasu" sounds, but what does it mean?

  16. #491
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Hi. I'm actually very new here (just registered today) because this has been bugging me ever since I found out the name (plus, why not sign up?).
    Does anyone know why the Volkner/Jasmine/Flint threesome is called Triforceshipping? I've been looking everywhere on the internet for an answer and I came up with nothing. I came across it by accident, but honestly, I support all three (Alexandria, Sunny, and bromance!Ignition) so I'd liked to know why it's called Triforceshipping. I keep getting the Legend of Zelda ship for obvious reasons. xD

    Any ideas?

  17. #492
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sore wa himitsu desu~
    Posts
    2,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MonMonCandie View Post
    Hi. I'm actually very new here (just registered today) because this has been bugging me ever since I found out the name (plus, why not sign up?).
    Does anyone know why the Volkner/Jasmine/Flint threesome is called Triforceshipping? I've been looking everywhere on the internet for an answer and I came up with nothing. I came across it by accident, but honestly, I support all three (Alexandria, Sunny, and bromance!Ignition) so I'd liked to know why it's called Triforceshipping. I keep getting the Legend of Zelda ship for obvious reasons. xD

    Any ideas?
    *looks it up* Oh, it was me. I think my reasoning was because there was three of them and I imagined they had a connection like the triforce, so it might have been just aesthetics. Nothing very profound. (Or there was a profound reason and I simply forgot.)

    Retroactively, it can be interpreted as: Jasmine represents courage (because she was nervous to enter a Contest but eventually did), Flint represents wisdom (at least about Volkner and what he needs, not to mention he's perceptive enough to pick the right trainer to get Volkner out of his slump), and Volkner represents power (because electricity and he kept beating all his opponents, meaning his team was strong). And Flint is a complete princess.
    Yaoi is a genre of homosexuality, not a synonym for it!
    Get it right.
    Hidden Leaf - Natane || Hayato - Wing Master || Phantom Menace - Matsuba || Renbu - Holy Knight

    shipping tumblr / Shippers Record Keeper of BMGf / Massive Collection of Unnamed 'Ships

  18. #493
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Oh thank you very much for the answer, Toran! =]
    Interesting explanation... I honestly thought it had something to do with their Type-specialty and the name was just a coincidence. lol Still, thanks all the same! I love this triangle even more now. <3

  19. #494
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryUmbreonWolf View Post
    Hello, could someone please explain to me why the pairing Blue (game) x Elesa is called GirijasuShipping? I like how the word "girijasu" sounds, but what does it mean?
    well all i can find on girijasu seems to relate to a pairing in the soul eater anime. It might have something to do with that. I don't know for certain though.

  20. #495
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    593

    Default

    What is the Jesse/James ship called? I feel like it is obvious but I can't remember?

    Probably RocketShip or something, lol.


    Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile




    Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

    *credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

  21. #496
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cup of Tea View Post
    What is the Jesse/James ship called? I feel like it is obvious but I can't remember?

    Probably RocketShip or something, lol.
    Well it's rocketshipping.

  22. #497
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Mechonis Field
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Ok. Why in the name of f**king Arceus is Oldrivalshipping (Pokespe BluexGreen) called Oldrivalshipping. Is it something like... yah I don't know

  23. #498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phsy-Spark View Post
    Ok. Why in the name of f**king Arceus is Oldrivalshipping (Pokespe BluexGreen) called Oldrivalshipping. Is it something like... yah I don't know
    From my understanding, it was named during or after Firered and Leafgreen, and it was supposed to be the female trainer in the game paired with the rival. I don't know if they were named at the same time, but it was likely supposed to be a counterpart to NewRivalShipping, which was May x Wally.
    Hey everybody, it's zeldafan128!

    MultiShipper and proud.

    YouTube: zeldafan128

    Twitter: zeldafan128

    FanFiction: zeldafan128

    Minecraft: zeldafan128

  24. #499
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeldafan128 View Post
    From my understanding, it was named during or after Firered and Leafgreen, and it was supposed to be the female trainer in the game paired with the rival. I don't know if they were named at the same time, but it was likely supposed to be a counterpart to NewRivalShipping, which was May x Wally.
    I honestly thought something like this too, only for Pokemon Special since the game counterpart was called Conflict(ing?)Shipping.

    Anyways, why is Flint/Elesa called BeatdownShipping? Does it have to do with dancing? I feel like it does. :P


    Image by なべのふた
    This is all I need to feel safe and warm
    When we're together, that's all that matters


  25. #500
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Can anyone explain wikierrorshipping to me? I dont understand the name
    3ds FC: 2981 6956 6736


    Trades i am looking for: Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape (Hidden Ability)
    LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO FIND OUT MY FRIEND SAFARI POKEMON. PM ME

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •