Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon! I Choose You (001)

meggirl63 Guest

When Pikachu licked Ash's face, I was really touched.

I can remember guessing at what the bird might be. I thought it could be Moltres, or something, but then realised it couldn't be.
    Anyway, after G/S came out, I was talking to my friend in school. I said that I knew what the bird in the first episode was, and continued to say that it was Ho-Oh. He then replied, and I quote, "Ash didn't see a Ho-Oh. It was a Fearow. Ho-Oh doesn't have that crown thing on it's head." Eventually, he came to his senses, but it took him until the next time he saw the episode.
    "Just watch me, L.
    I'll solve equations with my right hand...
    ...and write names with my left.
    I'll take a potato chip- AND EAT IT!"

This was the most touching episode...
    I'M DOING IT SO I CAN QUIT YOU EVIL SEREBII!
    BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME!

Perfect Darkness Guest

It really was, but it was funny too. It showed how much of a snot Pikachu can be and how brainless Ash was for his start.

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno
    It really was, but it was funny too. It showed how much of a snot Pikachu can be and how brainless Ash was for his start.
    I know most people tend to disagree with me on the matter but I prefer Ash like that.

The first episode - always the most memorable, despite it's age, it's still got to be in the top 10 episodes of all time mainly because it was the first one!! Shame they edited out Misty's slap on Ash from the original.

Before Ash picked Pikachu i thought he would start out with Bulbasaur because the was no green version out (except for Japan but i didn't know it at that time). I missed the first three minutes of the show so i missed the song. Plus i watched the episode on Cartoon Network while on Cheez TV i think Ash was on his 7th badge.

hehe the throwing of the alarm clock now that was cool plus dodrio acting asa rooster aww the god old days before.. bu that is not the point and yeha i wonder if ash even still has pikachus pokeball.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=455057
    ^ The culled
    They say ignorance is bliss, they're wrong.

Indigo Guest

I know most people tend to disagree with me on the matter but I prefer Ash like that.
    No no, I agree with you. I LURVE rookie Ash! ^^

Anyway...

KidsWB just recently showed this ep, and by the magic of TiVo, I'm saving it until I know every line! ^______^

This is the best episode I've seen. This is true Pokémon. Humor, emotion, terror, action, suspense, relief, love, courage, ambition, determination, rivalry, romance...it's all here. All in one episode.

Ash is the bravest boy that will ever be in Pokémon. He was willing to risk his life to save a Pikachu that HATED him, ladies and gentlemen. HATED him. And yet he still has that undying concern for Pokémon and Pikachu. I have watched the part that touched me the most by heart...went something like this:

*Ash pedals bike.*

Pikachu: Pika...
    Ash: Just hang on now, Pikachu, we're almost there!

*gets pecked by Spearows. Bike falls. Ash grunts in pain. Lightning flashes. Pikachu looks horribly weak.*

Ash: Pikachu!

*crawls over to Pikachu. Puts hand on him.*

Pikachu: Pi...ka...
    Ash: Pikachu...this can't...happen.

*lightning flashes. Spearow approach.*

Ash: Pikachu, get inside.
    Pikachu: Pi...ka?
    Ash: I know you're afraid of going in there, but if you're inside, maybe I can save you. Please Pikachu, please listen to me and go inside.

*tears well up in his eyes.*

Ash: After that then...after that just trust me!

*places ball. Stands up and faces Spearow.*

Pikachu: Pika...

Ash: Spearows, do you know who I am? I'm Ash, from the town of Pallet! I'm destined to be the world's number one Pokémon Master! I can't be defeated by the likes of you!

*Pikachu looks up.*

Ash: I'm going to capture and defeat you all! You hear me? Pikachu, get inside the Pokéball, it's the only way!

*Spearow come closer.*

Ash: COME AND GET ME!!!

*Spearow speed up. Lightning strikes. Ash stands against Spearow. Pikachu runs up to Ash's shoulder and releases Thundershock.*

*Morning arrives. Ash and Pikachu open their eyes at the same time and smile.*

Ash: (weakly) Well...we beat 'em.
    Pikachu: Chu...

*Ho-oh flies overhead.*

Ash: What's that?

Dexter: There is no data. There are still Pokémon yet to be identifed.

Narrator: This is just the beginning of the adventures of Ash and Pikachu. Together they're encounter great friends, evil enemies, heart-pounding perils, and endless excitement. And as their story unfolds, we'll unlock the magc and mystery of a most wondrous place. The incredible world of Pokémon.

*Pikachu licks Ash's face. Ash looks as if he wants to cry, but keeps going on as Pikachu falls asleep in his arms.*

*sobs uncontrollably.* I love the first episode! Sorry for the paraphrasing...*sobs more.*

Factory Head Noland Guest

I thought this episode was...okay, I just don't really like the early days because Ash's voice is different and everyone pronounces Pokemon wrong! It drives me crazy!! They say "Pok-a-mon" which is just wrong!!

Also I HATE early Pikachu, it was such a pleb! But I LOVE Pikachu from the Orange Islands onwards (it's cute, cool, stong and just plain great!)

I always wondered, someone at the start was sure to lose out in getting a starter Pokemon from Prof. Oak. There were 4 trainers starting out but only 3 Pokemon (Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle) to give so someone was definatly going to get Pikachu!

Wow, just when i was about to share in the forums a thread i made in another forums about this episode, i see there is already a thread!!, well i must say:

This is my very own, favorite episode from all i had seen, let's just say, to me, this is the very best episode from ALL, yeah!, is just my opinion, but let's see:

-The beginning of this, was a really joy to see how this anime was beign made, with very solid arguments, and the most based on the game of all, it was showing us what was a very promising story for this anime (lately i really got dissapointed, there was many episodes without anything really surprising, until now days...).

- The draws, let me say, for me is the best drawn of all, yeah maybe is stupid to think ''the first, the best'', but yes, i can see how Kanto was, and i always thinked it was the best drawed of all.

-Is a very exciting episode, from the beginning to the end there are a lot of events, that make it very complex, later the anime lost that, here we can see many action, and off course there is many humor things.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

OMG, even though Kanto was not very good, I have to say this episode was AWESOME. Every single emotion a human can feel, all crammed into this episode, but without any trace of an overload. Pikachu was really interesting in this episode, and rookie Ash was pure hilarity. The PokéDex insulting him was too darn funny!!

Overall rating:
    10 out of 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This was an awe-inspiring episode, one of the best the series has churned out.

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Ryuu Guest

The first episode ever, yet one of the few Kanto episodes I missed the first time.

It was great, and I always was curious about who chose the other starters. But oh well...we never got to see them(except Gary, duh!).

Truly a great episode, and what started a great phenomenon.

Most the best stuff was already said.

I loved how Pikachu kept hitting the ball back to Ash.

Ash's dream was cool too.

Ho-oh was really cool.

10/10, most definetely.
    Yeah!

One of my most fav eps. I love pikacus attitude in the begining. I kind of feel like he lost part of that along the way though.
    Last edited by Monk76; 27th January 2005 at 9:23 PM.
    *pretends to write something witty*

I was little when I first saw this, so I almost instantly gave up on finding out about Ho-Oh.

Great Episode! Opened just like the game! And I think I know who got all the starters:
    Pikachu: Ash
    Squirtle: Gary
    Charmander: Damien/Liza/Richie
    Bulbasaur: Girl with Ivysaur who beat Richie?/Guy from 1st movie?

I haven't seen this episode in years. Of course, it's playing a major role in my life right now since I'm currently adapting it in comic form, and I can now see how many changes I've inadvertantly (and sometimes advertantly) made to the plot:

- I had Ash only sleep in until 11:30, and it was Delia's fault for not waking him up on time
    - Pikachu was kept in a dog carrier in Oak's lab, and I never explained his fear of Poké Balls (whoops...)
    - I established that Gary and Ash were longtime rivals
    - I eliminated the PokéDex indirectly calling Ash a "stupid trainer"
    - Pikachu learns to trust Ash BEFORE the flock of Spearow even shows up
    - Misty actually means to fish Ash out of the river
    - Pikachu doesn't become incredibly weak or teeter on the verge of death at the end; he's still in pretty good health when he zaps the Spearow, yet Ash still feels compelled to take him to the Viridian City Pokémon Center

Were these changes beneficial? You decide...
    Last edited by Jesse GS the II; 1st February 2005 at 5:48 AM.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse GS the II
    I haven't seen this episode in years. Of course, it's playing a major role in my life right now since I'm currently adapting it in comic form, and I can now see how many changes I've inadvertantly (and sometimes advertantly) made to the plot:

- I had Ash only sleep in until 11:30, and it was Delia's fault for not waking him up on time
    - Pikachu was kept in a dog carrier in Oak's lab, and I never explained his fear of Poké Balls (whoops...)
    - I established that Gary and Ash were longtime rivals
    - I eliminated the PokéDex indirectly calling Ash a "stupid trainer"
    - Pikachu learns to trust Ash BEFORE the flock of Spearow even shows up
    - Misty actually means to fish Ash out of the river
    - Pikachu doesn't become incredibly weak or teeter on the verge of death at the end; he's still in pretty good health when he zaps the Spearow, yet Ash still feels compelled to take him to the Viridian City Pokémon Center

Were these changes beneficial? You decide...
    How dare you change THE pokemon episode?
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

they never play the original pokemon theme anymore, exceopt in the movies.

Bada bum bada bum bada bum bada bum bada bum bada badum badum.

Actually, it goes something like this:

Bada bum bada bum bada bum bada bum bada bum bada ba DA dum, da dum, bada bum, bada bum bada bum bada da DA...dum!

I thought it was kinda funny how Pikachu treated Ash first :P (stupid that this changed afterwards...)
    well, I think it's the only episode which doesn't have Team Rocket in it, am I right?

Button by WereDragn
    ORAS News
    (oh yeah, if you didn't know, my PM box is still full...)

I haven't seen this episode for a long time now. Ash might not be smart but he shown one heck of care to Pikachu by trying to sacrificing himself for Pikachu's safety.

Love, too simple of an answer.

staticbear Guest

i love that episode where he meets misty that episode was very staticy on the tv pikachu sounded so cool doing the thundershock move then ash seeing ho-oh for the first time that is so cool.

vulpix Guest

i found the tape i have with pokemon i choose you episode and i watched this episode then i realized that Ashes vioce is differant than the one now.

Quote Originally Posted by vulpix
    i found the tape i have with pokemon i choose you episode and i watched this episode then i realized that Ashes vioce is differant than the one now.
    Well obviously. It's the same voice actor, but they've all changed their voices throughout the course of the show to make it seem like they aged.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    Well obviously. It's the same voice actor, but they've all changed their voices throughout the course of the show to make it seem like they aged.
    Yeah, only the opposite seems to have happened in Ash's case. Veronica Taylor started out with a very deep voice, probably an attempt to emulate Rika Matsumoto more directly, and it gradually got higher as the first season progressed.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast