Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon! I Choose You (001)

Wasn't that like the first episode? I can't remember, it was from too far back.

Cross over to the golden side...

credit goes to milotic111 for the awesome tc
    [IMG]http://i6.*******.com/243nwgm.jpg[/IMG]
    Say 'ello to ma little friend! (made by sapphireL, thanx baby!)

The first episode.

Ash should have got a Spearow. I know, in the Manga a Fearow was attacking them and Ash got that one.

This is the first episode I ever saw, and I think it was one of the most memorable. I remember when I wondered what the 'golden bird flying over the rainbow' was when i first saw it.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXPorygonXx View Post
    Like we really care what some random person says about us.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Credit: HawthorneKitty

If only Pikachu's personality stayed like in the end of the First episode untill the end of the First Season. Right now Pikachu just seems to be like a Robot that uses thunderbolt every end of the episode O_o

Anyway, this was the Third episode I saw (the first being Samurai one and then the one after that, as I hired this episode on video after) I Love this episode, Pikachu's personality, the way the Pokedex called Ash 'stupid', getting Pikachu (Oak: I'm afraid the Trainers who came earlier got this Pokemon) and overall, the way it was set out ?_?
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/29yfk29.gif[/IMG]
    THEN WHO
    WAS PHONE?

Ah, the episode that started it all. I don't think this episode was what got me to get into the anime back then, but it did manage to spark some sort of interest that made me want to tune into it every single morning during its initial run in UPN.

Despite what some people may think, Pikachu as a starter is a really bad choice. It's one of the harder to manage Pokemon and the anime showed that quite well. Ash woke up late, managing to miss out on all three of the starters. He gets the unruly Pikachu to start off his journey, which he's only dressed in his 'jammies. Heh, I always found it funny that the boy's first day as a trainer was all messed up, it added to the charm of the first series.

I remember how mystical the scene with Ho-Oh was at the end. I really expected to see an on-going storyline involving this Legendary, especially after what was said about it in episode two. However, it barely ever came out again.

I watched this episode the other day and I haven't seen it in the longest time and it was funny the pokedex callin Ash stupid and Ash almost getting pikachu killed Ash sacrificing himself to crazy Sparrow to save a pokemon that didn't like him it was a good one that I had forgoten about!
    Yeah for the first epi!!

to me it was really sad but pikachu and ash finally got along

merry christmas!

Default Bring the ****in' good old "Pokemon" back!!!

Will Cartoon Network ever show the orignal "Pokemon" again? Mr. Turner, don't give us that ultra lame-*** new-age "Pokemon Battle Fronter" ****!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Bird View Post
    Will Cartoon Network ever show the orignal "Pokemon" again? Mr. Turner, don't give us that ultra lame-*** new-age "Pokemon Battle Fronter" ****!
    Probably not.

Battle Frontier is awesome.

Silly Scott. Battle Frontier is new and appearantly new age. It automatically sucks arse.

This joke has been done about two million times, but I don't give a river dam.

Yeah, Battle Frontier doesn't have Misty in it. That explains everything.

Silly me! How could I have forgotten?!

Dang, I watched this episode some time ago and I'm amazed at how much the show has changed

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

The episode that started it all...

This was back before I wanted to punt Pikachu across a football field, We get to see how uber it can be...

What do you think the Anime would be like if Satoshi had actually gotten the Zenigame like he wanted, Would Shigeru have gotten Pikachu?

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Oh watching this episode is great. The opening showing the opening from the games is classic. God I still get goosebumps when I hear the music from when the spearow are attacking Satoshi.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Bird View Post
    Be quiet and go buy the DVD's they are releasing.

At least you guys can see Season 9 (Hurry up, Toonami UK).
    I think this is a much better attempt at a first episode than many other series, and the reference to Ho-Oh at the end is hilarious, especially when Ash mistakes it for an Articuno in episode 2.
    Other than that, an interesting episode where Ash doesn't get it all his own way for once!
    (And I still buy the DVDs, despite being in the UK)
    Brilliant news. Toonami UK have (finally) got around to showing Pokemon: Battle Frontier (Season 9). Starts Monday at 5pm.

What was the point of having the Ho-oh at the end. And, I thought that Ho-oh was made in Johto.
    [IMG]http://i16.*******.com/4dlya6w.png[/MG][/IMG]

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a369

[IMG]http://i13.*******.com/315iqsl.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i12.*******.com/49agq9x.png[/IMG]

Ho-Ho was a preview of new pokemon on the "horizon".
    unintentional pun about rainbows.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyangfriday View Post
    If black and white are the official names im gonna have to get black to not be racist, but also get white to not look obviously not racist.

The first ever pokemon episode.I loved it when pikachu licked ash' cheek <3 so cute!
    [IMG]http://i13.*******.com/47lo29z.png[/IMG]
    Credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the awsome banner!

~Bishie~Mafia~Song~Friends

This is probably one of my favorite episode. It is so awesome I love it. I want it for GBA video but I can't find it.
    I'm looking for the following legendary Pokemon:Tornadus
    If you have one for trade, please PM me and maybe we can make a deal. Must be legit, not nicknamed and English.
    I'm also looking to collect shiny Pokemon, the Charizardite Y, as well as EV trained Pokemon (looking for Aegislash specifically)

Team Devious
    1332-7805-8539

Three words: "Shocking, isn't it?"

Sums up the whole episode, really. Plus of course, the best Pokedex moment ever:

"Rattata sometimes steal from STOOPID travellers!"
    "So...I'm stupid?"
    Like, no duh, Ash lol!

Woohoo, Ash wanted Squirtle, and Gary said it was the best one - go Squirtle!
    I claimed Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud in the Celebrity 3.0 thread, Keitaro and Motoko from Love Hina in the Couple 3.0 thread and Kaolla Su from Love Hina in the Bishie 2.0 thread!

Current ASB ranking: Lv3 Trainer, B Grade Ref
    Win: 7, Draw: 0, Loss: 6
    KOs: 30 TPs: 113 SP: 15.5

Many thanks to Jukain for this legendary trainer card!

Thumbs up Review Post

My quest begins...
    How many Starmie should I give it?
    I think I'll give it

A perfect score!

i loved the 1st eppisode!
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Well, I can't really think of a better way to start the anime. The episode shows that Ash is going to have a bloody hard time training Pokemon, shows the beginning of the Ash/Gary rivalry (it was a brilliant detail added in Johto to show that the two actually wanted the same starter, Squirtle), and we get our first glimpse of a legendary Pokemon. The bit near the end with Ash facing off against the Spearow is one of my favourite Pokemon moments.

Nothing else to say, really.

That brings back memories. I forgot that Ash originally wanted a Squirtle as his first pick. I also was one of the few people to realize that that wasn't a fearow (which many people DID think when the episode came out).
    Last edited by FiretypeFanatic; 9th March 2007 at 2:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader_X View Post
    u know every great pokemon team must have a superly uberly fergalicious cute pokemon?, like ash's pikachu, to Gary;s evee, and to my Porygon-Z?

may I suggest a A parashuit?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast