Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon! I Choose You (001)

Back when Ash was funny... Loved this eppy.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyangfriday View Post
    If black and white are the official names im gonna have to get black to not be racist, but also get white to not look obviously not racist.

i was lucky and fortunate enough to see this episode when it aired in September of 98, and became the biggest fan, though my loyalty to the show has since declined, it's still a special show to me.
    and i believe that the pilot was the best episode in the entire seires. 500+ episodes have followed, but none have come close to this one

aaaaaaah the first ep, where ash could easily be mistaken as a girl and when i was anxious to see Gay's first pokemon.......... actually in reality i hated this episode.
    FC - 5000 - 2618 - 9979

Send me a message to exchange for Friend Safari purposes.

oh yeah i remember that episode!I thought ash and pikachu were gonna b friends the whole time!Especially wen pikachu rescued him from all those Sperrow!

The best episode by far the scene with Pikachu and the birds is so ....ing beautiful. And we get to see Ho-Oh which is bleeding amazing!!!!!!!

This episode was the one of the cutest i think since though that pikachu should do more for ash because he is ALWAYS risking his life for pikachu, pikachu has only like risked himself twice
    You had way too many outside images and your signature was overstacking, so everything was erased. Please read the signature rules.

The best episode by a LONG shot.

Lost my Platinum, so that's not good. On the other hand, I have heartgold and my FC is:

Jimmy

5070 6163 8015

The 1st episode of a series that is going 10 seasons strong, spanning 4 regions a couple of islands and many friends and rival trainers. This episode brings back so many memories from my first time viewing it on UPN, so many memorable moments from this episode from Ash getting Pikachu to Pikachu accepting Ash as his trainer. I loved the beginning seeing Delia lay down the law to Ash just like a good mother, to bad she let him oversleep so he missed getting one of the 3 starters but at least it worked out and he got Pikachu. I'm surprised that when he ran into Gary, Gary treated him like the had just met yet in later episodes of the series they show that they were rivals from a very young age I wonder if that was 4kids doing or if that was in the original. Hey theirs Misty fishing and look she caught Ash now all she needs to do is train him properly so he'll be a good husband. Lastly it was nice seeing Ho-oh for the very first time even though back then we had no idea if it was going to show up in the series again or even what it's name was, but seeing Ho-oh meant ash was detined for great things. I wish you well on your journy Ash.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Here's the clip where Misty got slap-happy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeXjtNe26u4
    A proud member of:SPPf Christian Alliance

When I asked Jesus how much he loved me, he said "This much."
    Then he stretched out his arms...and died for me.

Click so they hatch and grow:

Quote Originally Posted by Xtra View Post
    Here's the clip where Misty got slap-happy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeXjtNe26u4
    did they cut that out of the dub? I cant remember?

Question

You do know that Ash's pikachu is female and has been since the first episode where he turned to the spearows and yelled

"leave HER alone"

It's true, just listen carefully.

I think the slap might have been cut because it would imply that Misty was very abusive early on but the editing of these incidents was a bit more relaxed as the first season progressed.

This is where it all began.
    The Opening sequence to the first episode was cool too!
    I still don't know why ho-oh was in it though.
    BUNP

Awesome as this thread is, don't bump it.

Closed.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Lol, I have this episode on GBA. Why can't the new episodes be like this? =P

the first is always the best!

God knows why this was titled that. Regardless, still a great pilot episode. Rebellious little Pikachu. The ending was adorable.
    Last edited by Igottapoo; 8th January 2009 at 8:20 AM.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

ah, I remember this episode. As a kid I always thought that Ho-Ho was a Fearow. When I got it in Red version I showed my friends saying "OMG it's the rainbow pokemon!". Who's idea was it to put a second gen pokemon in the first episode!?
    Current Pearl team~
    Inferno Lv. 21 Talon Lv. 21 Chuck Lv. 21
    Pikachu Lv. 20

Ahaha I watched this one today. So many funny moments.

"But this isn't a forest! This is an open field!
    ".... Rattata also comes into open fields to steal food... from STUPID travellers."
    "...So I'm stupid?"

I laughed very hard at the Pokedex's heavy sarcastic tone.

Also the look on Pikachu's face when Ash's mum said it looked weird. Eehehehe.

Friend Code - 1263-7345-4763 ADD ME Friend Safari: Wartortle, Frogadier, Panpour

this was the first episode i saw, that has been a long time ago, i remember that when pikachu & ash first met that they had some trouble with eachother.

Truely the best episode ever, the end always give me a good feeling whenever the ''golden bird'' flies in the sky..never knew it was Ho-oh...
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This was a great episode to kick off the series, it shows how far Ash and Pikachu have come, from what they were like when they first started.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

This episode give me memories XD. It's soo long ago since I saw this ep. It was a funny ep XD. The unknown pokemon in this ep was cool XD

The episode begins the same way as Pok&#233;mon Red, down to the style of the images and the sound. A Nidorino and a Gengar are exchanging attacks in a battle. After Nidorino dodges Gengar's attack, it leaps at it. At the same time, the game starts coming to life, with the small frame enlarging to the entire screen, and the monochrome Pok&#233;mon fading into color.

This is a great episode. A perfect kick off. It tells you about the future for Ash, his rival, Gary, and the others of Pallet Town. It seems that Pikachu doesn't obey Ash, but after seeing this,Pikachu regains full trust in Ash and they will be the perfect team for each other no matter what happens.

I don't know if many of you are aware, but I went and translated this episode, with the sub having been released not too long ago. I'm kinda hoping I could continue work on the first series since I have trouble keeping up with the continuous release of DP subs. ^^'

I also wrote up an April Fool's sub (my first in a while) for this episode before doing the real thing.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast