Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon! I Choose You (001)

Ash used his first move: rock throw! It's not very effective... LOL
    This was a good episode and now I keep looking back and saying, "Ash never knew what weird things would happen to him..."
    But, yeah, good episode, lots of emotion and old, unaware Ash!

It seemed so epic back then, when ash was abt to monologue the spearows and pikachu and scene goin black and white. Pretty effin majestic lol! The good ol days
    some favs of mine
    soul silver friend code 3009 0322 3675
    white friend code 4727 7257 0294

Since I have reviewed most of Hoenn and Sinnoh I thought I should review the first ever Pokemon episode.

This wasn't the first episode I ever saw though, the first one I saw I think was during the end of the Pokemon League. This episode was a pretty good start, I thought it was good when Ash stood in front of the Spearows to protect Pikachu only for it to jump on his shoulder and use was it Thunder?

The animation was pretty good too. The introduced of Misty was interesting of course right from the start she is a bit hard on Ash (Maybe she sensed he was going to destroy her bike lol). Ash takes her bike "Hey that's my bike!" Misty exclaims then Ash goes "I will bring it back someday!"

When is that? Oh right about 3-4 years later when she is heading back to Ceruelean, well I guess it was truly Someday.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Best episode ever. A beautiful moment between Ash and Pikachu is the best way to kick off the series. I watch this ep every once in a while and it still amazes me that this is how it all started.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Why does Ash always owe people bikes? Or just destroy them? Misty, Dawn, and sorta even Barry?!? :| Weird.
    Ash wasn't as smart then-- probably 'cause he skipped 5th Grade! Ash has changed so much... :l I kinda liked old Ash... Oh well.

Just noticed something!!! :O Okay, you know when Ash's mom says "Oh, you're friends already!" and then it goes to Ash and he says "With Pikachu at my side, blah blah blah!" right then LOOK AT PROF. OAK'S FACE!!! It's like totally blank.

The first episode of Pokemon was brilliant! I rewatched it a few days and forgot how good the show used to be. This episode managed to be funny, yet quite touching and dark as well. The scene with Ash doing his speech to the spearows was kind of tear-jerking for me. Ash almost gets killed for goodness sake, but thankfully Pikachu saves the day. It's extremely funny seeing him ignore Ash, but Gary was as usual being his funny, rival-like self. I also think this is also the only episode without Team Rocket in it. A 10/10. It hits my top 10 favourite episodes of Pokemon, and one of the best Pilot episodes ever!
    Last edited by AdrenalinDragon; 28th August 2010 at 3:58 AM.

What could I say about this? this is memorable, nostalgic, it's everything, it started all, it gives me life!

Pikachu shocking Ash, Oak & Pallet town people was hilarious and Pika was so adorable, Gary was annoying -_- but cool! xD

Loved Ash starting his journey and reaching Viridian City after that ferocious electric attack!

amazing episode, one of the best if not the best! 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Rick, you mean the original Kanto (Indigo League in the US) Saga right? Not both the old one and the Kanto Battle Frontier Saga?
    LOL I forgot I already reviewed this episode XD

yeah! the original, the Indigo League, I think nothing will never ever be better than that season!

OMG, Misty appearing! she's the best female in the series! and how can I forget the drama, action, humor, this show had everything back then, now it's so so bland.
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 22nd September 2010 at 10:53 PM.

Ash is an extremely lucky guy! He obtained his very 1st & strongest pokemon that he'll ever have, met his soulmate/future wife, and saw an extremely rare legendary pokemon that NO other human being has ever seen all in one day .

The last quarter of the episode is my favorite, seeing Ho-Oh for the 1st time was awesome and so was the part where Pikachu saved Ash! It took 2-3 years for me to finally see this episode, but when I did, I was glad. Overall good episode - 65/100
    Last edited by G50; 28th January 2011 at 2:40 AM.

same i loved seeing ho-oh in what other episodes do u see it?

Click and i will return the favoure

It was funny seeing Pikachu shock Ash as soon as he picked him up. I also laughed when Ash tried to catch a Pidgey by covering it with his pajamas.
    Also, isn't this the episode where the Pokedex says something about stupid trainers, which causes Ash to say, "I'm stupid?" I always loved that too. ^^

The episode was very dramatic towards the end with the whole swarm of crazy killer Spearows (or at least that's what I call them). It was truly touching to see Pikachu defend Ash. =)

Overall, this episode has everything in it. It's one of the best episodes, nothing can really beat the original.

Very nostalgic. I really love the part when he chooses Pikachu. And the first part where I thought he was really in a battle but turns out that he was in a dream.
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

This episode brings back many memories! I remember watching this.... not knowing what in the world it was. I found it weird at the time, but now... after I reflect, it was such a great episode!

OXIII MK7 Race Hub ~ 69-7030-4607-1242
        Spoiler:- Contact Info:

Hey everybody, I'm new here and I've decided to make reviews on episodes. I'll admit, I got into into Pokemon about 4 years ago. I first watched the first movie and the final part of master quest when my mum brought the dvds home. That following Christmas, I got the first six seasons of Pokemon on DVD, so I started watching them. Anyway, to the review.

* It begins with a GAMEBOY! Anyway, there's Nidorino and Gengar battling. It then..WOAH! HOLY...! Its not a game at all, as it turns into reality. I'm sure many Pokemon fans back then loved that effect.

* It's about a TEN-YEAR OLD BOY ABOUT TO GO OFF INTO THIS CRUEL WORLD ALONE WITH ONLY EITHER A DINO WITH A PLANT ON ITS BACK, A LIZARD THAT'S TAIL IS ON FIRE OR A WATER SQUIRTLE TURTLE!!!!!! Irresponsible mothers...

* So the ten-year old called Ash is making a dramatic speech, but is interrupted by his mother. Gotta love those mums...

*I'd probably fall asleep if my mum made me watch Oak's lecture at 11pm at night. Maybe that's how he fell asleep...

* So Dodrio are now the roosters of the Pokemon world? Someone call in the three headed chicken...

*So Ash wakes up late and rushes to Oak...in his pyjamas? He must be desperate...

*Gary's got a bunch of cheerleaders? Man, I wish I were him.... That's right, ladies, I'm single. lol.

*So Gary the jerk won't show Ash the Pokemon he got. Why not? Is there a reason he's not allowed to see your Pokemon? Yep, that's right....

*Gary's got a license at ten? He must be a lawbreaker... Quick! Call the cops! There's a ten year old driving.

*So I guess all the commotion made Prof. Oak come out...

*Why's the prof. got the Poke Balls if the Trainers took them?

*Anyway they're gone, so Ash gets a little pudgy electric mouse that doesn't like him. I think it's got a problem...or is it the Prof. who's got a problem.

*Picture this...Delia has rubbed her snot all over the bag, so when Pikachu is on the bag, it gets the germs, when it touches someone who gets the germs, then they give it to someone else, causing a giant germ infestation!! Yep, I think Delia;s pretty innocent...

*So Ash is tugging Pikachu by a rope? POKEMON CRUELTY!!!!!!!!!!

*If I were Pikachu, when he untied me, I'd make a run for it.

*WHO'S THAT POKEMON!? IT'S PIKACHU, THAT POKEMON WHO JUST RAN UP A TREE!

*So Ash thinks he caught a Pidey just by getting it in the ball? He's dumb...

*Haha! Dexter calls Ash stupid! Not that I'm an Ash hater or something...

*So Ash gets pwned...by a PIDGEY!!!!!!!????????

*He then shows more Pokemon cruelty by throwing a rock at some Pidgey.

*This episode teaches us that Spearow see in black and white.

*So if wild Pokemon are jealous of trained Pokemon, why won't they just be captured then?

*So Spearow calls out all the other Spearow to attack. Nothing really exciting.

*Wait a minute. If you hit water from a high distance, it feels like concrete. However, Ash jumps into a huge waterfall and doesn't even get a scratch? He then almost gets eaten by a Gyarados.

* You got a bite! A WILD ASH appeared!

*I'm sure, Ash, the Spearow would be able to see you.

*So he's sacrificing himself for a Pokemon that hates him? Imagine if Pikachu just sat there and watched...

*And then he sees a Ho-Oh that barely even looks like one in terms of color.

That's the end of my review.
    Pokemon Black 2 & White 2, here I come!

How is it even possible to review this episode, it is and always will be the best episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    How is it even possible to review this episode, it is and always will be the best episode.
    See your a guy who likes the originals of series. Personally, I don't dislike any episodes (not saying you dislike other episodes, just saying I'm one of those guys .)
    Pokemon Black 2 & White 2, here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu+piplup View Post
    See your a guy who likes the originals of series. Personally, I don't dislike any episodes (not saying you dislike other episodes, just saying I'm one of those guys .)
    Hahh seems like you figured me out.
    Original series will always be the best for me. The Advanced episodes were just as good though.

Battle Frontier was where i started to dislike the new episodes (voice actors all changed, storyline turned weird (Ash turning to an evil king).

DP was okay, but it was definetly my least favourite saga, to much filler and was really predictable, however BestWishes is awesome at the moment, really has reverted back to the kanto days :]

To good for a review so I will just praise it. Pikachu is so cute when it saved Ash and licked him.This was the time when Ash was epic when he turned his cap backwards. Cool to see Ho-Oh for the first time.99999999999999999999999999/10

This classic is burned in my mind, how could I ever foget?

My favorite part was when Ash realised he was late!
    Wash your face.

Best episode of any show ever. I almost cry when watching this, because of when ash and pikachu get attacked.
    Some call it hell; it's actually called facing my Bronzong.

This wasn't the first episode I watched, but it is one of my favorites. A great beginning to a long runner.

Ash gets his first Pokémon. It's like a rite of passage, one's first step into a larger world.

Boy gets Pikachu. They don't get along at all.
    Through an accident that sorta shows how dangerous Pokémon could be, boy tries hard to save Pikachu, but Pikachu saves boy instead. They become friends, and the story continues even today.

Touching. Simply marvelous.

I've seen this in Japanese too. No real difference, save an extra moment of Misty slapping Ash across the face.

The Frist Pokemon EP I Watched
    Ash Sleeps In
    He Gets His Starter Pokemon
    He Tries To Catch A Pokemon
    They Get Attack by a group of pokemon
    Starter pokemon almost dies
    Ash See's A Rare Pokemon
    ---EPISODE2---
    Last edited by kuzronk; 21st May 2011 at 4:47 PM.

I just want to know, since nobody really watched Pokemon expect for me around these parts when I was young; What did people think of Ho-oh? Did they realize that this meant that there were over 151 Pokemon? Did they realize that there would actually be sequels to the games? And what was the general reaction when that one rainbow bird from the first episode popped up on the box for Gold?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast