Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Emergency! (002)

This episode was great, it showed character development between ash and pikachu and it shows how much ash cares about his little electric buddy. Ash becomes a great trainer after this episode and pikachu becomes his best friend. T

Team rocked was very mean in this ep. luckly that Ash and pikachu got rid off them XD.

This was the first episode of Pokemon I've ever watched. I first saw it back 10 years ago. Back then, I was new to Pokemon, but I soon learned what goes on in it. Anyway, I liked this episode. My favorite part is the attack of team rocket. I did enjoyed Koffing and Ekans in this episode and later on. My favorite parts is when the Pikachus/Pikachu electrocuted Team Rocket (The scenes were funny). I used to believe that Pikachu can only attack then they touch an electrical device, though.

I recently going through the Kanto series and I think it's funny how in this one Jessie said Pikachu would be a waste of their time and now here we are 10 yrs later and they ae still trying to snag it...

I'm really glad that Misty & Ash met. Misty, IMO, is such a great character & no matter what people say, she played a great role in the Anime & will always be missed. But anyways, I actually almost took Team Rocket for powerful when I first watched this episode. Haha. The Pikachu at the end in this epi were so cute <3 I loved seeing so many.

I give this episode a:
    6.1/10
    Last edited by glowing_light010; 5th September 2009 at 8:58 PM.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2gsg6iq.png[/IMG]

Watching this episode again after almost 13 years of character development, it's amazing to see how much has changed. It's so weird to see Musashi and Kojirou as something resembling a legitimate threat. I'm glad they got developed into deeper characters; this early on in the series, they're just generic villains without much personality.

At least Nyasu is recognizable as comic relief right off the bat, though he's still got some kinks to work out. I don't recall him saying "neko ni koban" much outside of this episode (he says it twice here) - seems like they were setting it up to become a catchphrase of his, but it just kind of petered out. I know it resurfaces in the "It's a White Tomorrow! Rocket-dan" CD drama, though, so maybe it was a runner for him in the first year and I just don't remember it 'cause I haven't watched these episodes since 2005...I dunno, I'm rambling.

Anyway, Musashi-tachi really make this episode memorable for me. All these years later and they're still my favorite characters on the show. Even if their personalities aren't perfected yet at this point, at least their voices are. Hayashibara Megumi, Shin'ichirou Miki, and Inuyama Inuko completely make these characters their own right from the beginning. I can't imagine these characters with any voices other than the ones they've got.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

It was great to see for the first time Officer Jenny. she was cool
    And i loved to see all those Pikachu.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

It was very clever.

I loved it, so much action in just the second episode of the series. I loved how Officer Jenny just drove into the PC. I also liked that Team Rocket was still a threat in this episode. Now they're fools

10/10

Compared to now, team rocket became weaker and weaker every episode. But that doesn't really matter, they are still fun to watch!

9/10

I like everything about this episode! CLASSIC!

Jesse & James lookin' gud!
    Multiple Pikachus
    Ash & Misty together!
    Jenny & Joy appearing for the 1st time
    First Caterpie appearance!

100/10! :worship:

This is one of the best epidoes EVER.
    Jessie, James, and Meowth actually looked pretty scary back then.
    I loved the pikachu's song and dance! Very catchy.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLee View Post
    This is one of the best epidoes EVER.
    Jessie, James, and Meowth actually looked pretty scary back then.
    I loved the pikachu's song and dance! Very catchy.
    I wonder, had the writers intended on keeping them scary? Or did they know that Team Rocket would gradually change from being scary villians, to losers per se?

Either way, it was Team Rocket at it's finest.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I wonder, had the writers intended on keeping them scary? Or did they know that Team Rocket would gradually change from being scary villians, to losers per se?

Either way, it was Team Rocket at it's finest.
    That's really hard to say! I think that in the beginning they were intended to be scary. Especially in the first ten or so episodes. They caused a lot of harm, but eventually they became the slap-stick comedy that we know of today.

Ah the debut of TR those guys were actually a credible villainous team back here, So dark and mysterious.

James' voice was also nice and dark here...i wonder why they ended up changing it...didn't mind the change though

We also see the start of the flopping goldeen without floor thing.....so stupid lol

When you think about it TR could have been done much better and had them so much harder to defeat than they are now....ah well

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

I've watched this episode, now I'll review it.

1)Oak should have believed to Ash that he saw an Ho-oh, although Ash was in his first days.
    2)Misty should've used other pokemon VS Ekans. Goldeen without water?
    3)I loved how lots of Piachus electrified Team rocket, that was amazing as a first time.
    4)It's strange how Joy's computer has survived after the explosion.

It's a good episode with quite bit of action as well. TR was definitely more of a threat now then they are later, they even sound more evil.
    I too wonder why Meowth didn't continue saying "Don't forget I am the top Cat" or whatever because it seemed like it was going to be a catchphrase of his. However TR no matter what episode will never amount to the kind of threat Hunter J was.

I wonder if Misty was actually being stupid sending out Goldeen (Which is probably why we never saw it, wasn't close enough to water for battles) or if it was a mistake because of what was going out and she was grabbing anything she could find.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

This was Team Rocket at their finest. Decent villians with motivation not the distracted children they are today.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

I agree, Team Rocket were great. Like, as I watch these episodes again, I'm already finding Team Rocket even more pointless and pointless. They started out evil, but as the episodes go by, they become a bigger and bigger joke. It's hard to believe that this is the same Team Rocket that are in the newer episodes.

Ash reaches Viridian City a short time, lol we know why! ^_^

In this episode Jenny, Joy & Team Rocket are introduced, Jessie James & Meowth rocked back then! so freakin' funny they were!

The Pokemon Center exploded in a huge way ň_ó xD

Ash' is in way to catch his first pokemon next! I'm so ready for the lil Caterpie!

10/10

Seeing the Pikachu gather together to "blast off" TR was really exciting. Overall was an average episode for me - 10/100

Team Rocket was at their best in this episode. They seemed really threatening, like real villains and not simply sources of comic relief.

I liked the part when the Pokemon Centre blew up. ^__^
    But I always wondered why Ash didn't get in trouble for letting his Pikachu destroy it.

Most iconic moments...

*Team Rocket's first appearence. Looking back, you realize how far they've fallen as villains.

*First bike-frying of the series.

*The bet between Oak and Gary: "I told Gary that you would reach Viridian before nightfall, or I would eat my hat." (groans) "A ten-gallon cowboy hat..."
    Gen1 Pokedex: 151/151
    Gen2 Pokedex: 251/251
    Gen3 Pokedex: 386/386
    Gen4 Pokedex: 493/493
    Gen5 Pokedex: 649/649

this was when team rocket were serious and were actuaL CRIMINALS.

But now it seems that pokemon black series made them truly evil again
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

Yes Team Rockets debut. One of my favorite episodes. James' voice is so different back then.

Another great episode to solidify Ash and Pikachu's friendship, along with a new traveling companion (Misty), and foes (the Rockets, who were far more serious back then)

Misty, however, was useless (. Granted I don't think it was hers / she didn't know what it was. That it was a random pull like Ash with Rattata)
    Kinda surprised Ash was never forced to somehow pay off the damage (the bike is expensive enough), but he is stuck with a girl now who refuses to let go. And then suddenly, Caterpie.
    10/10 Excellent.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast