Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Emergency! (002)

I remember this episode so well. Team Rocket were always my favorite characters, and it was great to see their first ep. again.

Oh, and Pikachu-power is STILL the world's finest backup power source.

Another great episode. ^^ Ash was so caring for his Pikachu.

Also, yay we get Team Rocket and them blasting off. ;D Also, I wonder if it actually was a Ho-oh that he saw. D= It certainly does look like it. Although I'm sure the picture on the wall of the Pokemon Center was of an Articuno. =S

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/24ni8gz.png[/IMG]
    Dracaena - Giovanni Rank

0647 - 8370 - 0522

OSL GYM LEADER # 8 - FLYING

Great episode back in the day, the stone tablet with the legendaries and Arcanine was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanka View Post
    Another great episode. ^^ Ash was so caring for his Pikachu.

Also, yay we get Team Rocket and them blasting off. ;D Also, I wonder if it actually was a Ho-oh that he saw. D= It certainly does look like it. Although I'm sure the picture on the wall of the Pokemon Center was of an Articuno. =S
    It was a Ho-Oh and the picture was an Articuno.

Team Rocket's first appearance in the series. The one episode where I found them to be intimidating, credible villains until the next episode where they turned out to be comedy relief. Still, this was a great episode. The Pikachu power source was really cute but the Pikachu' chanting their name over and over again became pretty annoying. I liked Team Rocket lines in this episode as well. They said some pretty funny stuff that I laugh about to this very day especially their lines towards Misty as she tried to battle them.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Ash messed up this time. Now this freak is following him everywhere. When did they even decide to travel together? As far as I could recall, they didn't. That means she's stalking him. Creepy.

Also, random Caterpie at the end.
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 11th May 2012 at 11:44 PM.

I don't think Ash messed up, he's lucky to travel with Misty. She's the most fun character out of them all. Team Rocket's first appearance was bound to make this episode brilliant! I also loved seeing Goldeen being pathetic. Although I guess it did stall for a bit of time.
    Why Arcanine with the legendary birds? I fail to understand...

xxx

Team Rocket's first appearance. And Ash has Misty as a new friend. Team Rocket's faces were priceless when they looked at Misty's Goldeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamitу View Post
    I don't think Ash messed up, he's lucky to travel with Misty. She's the most fun character out of them all. Team Rocket's first appearance was bound to make this episode brilliant! I also loved seeing Goldeen being pathetic. Although I guess it did stall for a bit of time.
    Why Arcanine with the legendary birds? I fail to understand...
    Well the Pokemon Yellow Pokedex entry on Arcanine reads "A legendary Pokémon in China. Many people are charmed by its grace and beauty while running. " so it is a Legendary pokemon in a sense.

Here, we are formally Introduced to Officer Jenny, Nurse Joy, and Team Rocket. After being dropped off at the Pokemon Center by Jenny and having phoned home to his Mom and Oak, Misty shows up with the ruins of her bike, demanding Ash replace it. Then Jesse, James, and Meowth break it the center to steal all the Pokemon and are quite threatening, until Ash's Pikachu is healed and finally defeats them with such a massive Thundershock it destroys the Pokemon Center. After this, Team Rocket vows to steal the powerful Pikachu, thus beginning their long, long antagonism of Ash and his friends. Misty starts traveling with Ash until her bike is replaced, and the 2 head into Viridian Forest, where Ash finds a wild Caterpie, and aims to catch it.

8.9/10
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

Poor Team Rocket. Ash simply generates electricity into his Pikachu and they mistake him for some unstoppable force that they must steal. It's just an ordinary Pikachu. xD

This episode was the first indication that Ash's Pikachu was unusually strong

ash is a good boy he immediately took pikachu to pokemon centre
    I was born to break rules

Misty's Goldeen made an outstanding debute XD

Good episode, with angry Misty, alert Officer Jenny, a crapload of Pikachu and Caterpie's appearance. I can't describe why, but I love this episode, 10/10, Kanto rocks!

Team Rocket appears, and till this day I still love them. Interesting how no one said anything about Meowth who talks...

Joy jumping to conclusions is pretty harsh...they nearly died.

Oh and Ash is going to try to get a Caterpie...should have got Ho-oh instead but whatever.

I liked the episode. It was action packed and funny.
    Last edited by gliscor&yanmega; 7th February 2012 at 5:50 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

What a crazy episode lol in the end the entire pokemon center was destroyed.

Just watched this episode today. Still confused why Ash mixes up Articuno and Ho-Oh. I get that he is young but it just seems a little odd.

I know Misty was trying to buy time, but why send out Goldeen if she was fully aware it wouldn't fight? Wouldn't sending out Staryu and actually fighting them have held them off longer? That was a weird episode.

A great episode, epitome of the epic start of a beautiful anime.

Great episode. Great to see Pikachu is finally healed, and we get to see one of Misty's pokemon. Kanto for the win.

This episode is a character-builder for Ash. It shows his endless dedication to his Pokemon, even when the going gets tough.

And it was obvious that the mouse (Pikachu) would beat the cat (Meowth). That's the #1 rule of cat and mouse cartoons.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

I didn't see this one when it originally ran; I had to see it years later on VHS. At first, I thought it was a rather mediocre episode. After watching it a few more times, I realized it's pretty good. It's fairly suspenseful, and, at this point in the series, Team Rocket's attacks hadn't become cliche.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Um, Misty joins Ash here.....great......... yeah, I've always found Misty to be overrated. People need to stop shoving their worship of her down people's throats, because she's just a random cartoon character, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon~

Other than that, this episode was enjoyable and much better than the one before it. 9/10 not bad. It also introduced Team Rocket and that's good because they were hilarious IMO. (at least in Kanto, anyway.)

Another good episode. It's funny that Misty carried her bike all the way to the Pokemon Center, but then left it there. What was the point of bringing it? xD Just to show Ash? The Officer Jenny was a bit crazy. I know Team Rocket were known to steal Pokemon, but I don't think she should have suspected Ash had done it. Now, onto Nurse Joy, she was a bit rude to Ash. She should have asked him what happened, before she snapped at him. I love Jessie and James' old voice, but I don't like Meowth's. :/

TRio were so badass in this episode

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast