Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Emergency! (002)

Jesse calls her pretty. But then James says Pretty Pathetic. Heh, this was a nice episode with all the different voices. Team Rocket say their motto for the first time and Ash say "What are you talking about?" Haha that was funny.

No, Misty refers to herself as pretty and then Jessie says she agrees, "pretty pathetic".
    ~

Monster Guest

I liked this episode too, but it wasn't great. I felt bad for Pikachu in the ER, and Team Rocket broke in and caused havoc even when Pikachu was hurt, it was wrong. Team Rocket seemed so much more sinister in this episode then how they are now it's amazing!

Ah yes, when Team Rocket was actually a threat to the point where whole towns would get in an uproar as Jessie and James flew in the Meowth baloon. Ever since, you almost never see this much concern about the Rockets...

The first epsiode of pokemon i ever saw was this one. I have to say i'm sorta gald I saw this one instead of the first becasue this episode had more action because of team rocket. Team Rocket were actually pretty evil i nthis epsidoe instead of their normal goes. The battle was pretty much in their favor knowing the pokemon centers pokemon weren't strong enough knowing that they are in a hospital for sick and weak pokemon.
    All I have to say if it really weren't for this episode i would be really bored with my life.
    10/10
    [IMG]http://i1.*******.com/5399191.jpg[/IMG]
    Anime Bish: Kagura from Gintama/Anime song: Alones from Bleach
    Many thanks to Kimmi the Awesome™ for the awesome banner.
    PM me if you wanna play me in Jump Ultimate Stars or Vs. me in PBR. ^-~

I got to watch this episode again last night. I got a chuckle out of Jessie telling Ash that they weren't interested in his Pikachu. Oh, the irony. And yay, the first motto! It's funny not hearing "Prepare for trouble/Make it double" very much in the early days.

It's also interesting that Ash looked at a picture of Articuno on the wall and thought that looked like the bird that turned out to be Ho-oh. Not to mention that Professor Oak seems to confirm that it's Ho-oh. Makes me wonder what was said in the original version.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

When Professor Oak called and he had the wrong camera on, he was cooking noodles and then the pizza guy came with the pineapple and anncovy pizza o_0. I thought that was funny. That stuff looked like top ramen! lol.

I liked the part when Jenny saw Ash and said, "Speak of the devil?!" XD And then Misty hauling the bike everywhere was funny too. I would fall over if I tried to do that. lol

God gave us memory so that we might have roses in December -- JM Barrie

myspace | livejournal

Radlum Guest

I remember, that back in the days, I was the only kid in my class that knew about Pokemon (because I had read about it in a videogame magazine), so I introduced my friends to it with this episode. The pokemon craze began the next day.
    My favorite parts of the episode were the many pikachus and the nurse chanseys.

PokeTrainer7783 Guest

Wow how long it's been since I've seen this episode. Can't really comment on it because it was only the 2nd episode but I throughly enjoyed it. I'm glad Pikachu recovered.

yea great episode

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

Considering this episode debuts TR and adds Misty to the team, it really isn't that good.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

they should have laws about letting that many electric pokemon in one group(not in the wild obviously)it could couse lots of damage(like blowing the place up)

Great episode! Yeah, TR was evil in those good old times, not a group of losers...

No, Jessie and James were losers in this episode too. You just aren't supposed to realize it until the end. :P

NO WAY.

No one denied that. He just saw the picture of the Articuno at the Pokemon Center and thought it was a picture of Ho-Oh.

Which has already been clarified in this thread. >>

i just watched this Episode, and it made me remember when Pokemon, and Team Rocket used to be cool. Looking at this Episode, it really made it seem like Jessie & James were these two evil people who loved to steal pokemon and cause misery. now, when i look at pokemon, they are a complete Joke. always stalking the same group of people after all these years, always blasting off. it's just stupid now how the Pokemon Anime has gone downhill now.

This epi was pretty kool. All those Pikachu's that where shown where scary. TR's first epi. They where so evil back then.

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

I think that Articuno was not supposed to exist, and Ho-oh was supposed be in its place. The legendary trios (birds, dogs, regis) are based on a Chinese mythology about the Phoenix, Cat, Tortoise, and Dragon. Phoenix? Ho-oh? Ho-oh was supposed to be part of the 3 birds, and was supposed to be their leader, IMO. Articuno is the first of the three (uno), which proves that if Ho-oh was in its place hecould easily to be the leader. The Articuno picture on the wall looks more like Ho-oh than Articuno. Look at its tail. Articuno has one single tail, not one that spreads out. The picture on the wall of the pokemon center has a tail similar to Ho-ohs.

Also Zapdos's picture is green. Wtf.

Even more, why the heck is Arcanine there? I guess they wanted Arcanine to be a real legendary.

So from this episode we can gather that Articuno was not supposed to exist, and Ho-oh was supposed to be in its place. Zapdos might have been a grass type? Lmfao. And Arcanine was supposed to be a real legendary.
    Last edited by Conflagration; 1st August 2006 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflagration View Post
    I think that Articuno was not supposed to exist, and Ho-oh was supposed be in its place. The legendary trios (birds, dogs, regis) are based on a Chinese mythology about the Phoenix, Cat, Tortoise, and Dragon. Phoenix? Ho-oh? Ho-oh was supposed to be part of the 3 birds, and was supposed to be their leader, IMO. Articuno is the first of the three (uno), which proves that if Ho-oh was in its place hecould easily to be the leader. The Articuno picture on the wall looks more like Ho-oh than Articuno. Look at its tail. Articuno has one single tail, not one that spreads out. The picture on the wall of the pokemon center has a tail similar to Ho-ohs.

Also Zapdos's picture is green. Wtf.

Even more, why the heck is Arcanine there? I guess they wanted Arcanine to be a real legendary.

So from this episode we can gather that Articuno was not supposed to exist, and Ho-oh was supposed to be in its place. Zapdos might have been a grass type? Lmfao. And Arcanine was supposed to be a real legendary.
    When they first made Pokemon, they were going to make Arcanine a legendary pokemon instead of Moltres. That's why Arcanine is considered a legendary pokemon in the pokedex.

I thought this was a pretty good episode. I don't really get why Arcanine is on the wall with the legendary pokemon? And the first appearence of Team Rocket. They were pretty cool when they were evil. And I loved when all the Pikachu came And didn't the pokemon center get destroyed? They always destroy stuff in Viridean City.

It was a good episode.

Great episode, I remember laughing when Team Rocket was getting shocked by Pikachu when I first saw it
    Quote Originally Posted by xXPorygonXx View Post
    Like we really care what some random person says about us.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Credit: HawthorneKitty

im glad pikachu got better after defending ash and misty will never stop with the bike since that moment i guess

merry christmas!

Beats 001 because it is just full of jokes. The Articuno/Ho-Oh, the bet, the Ash's dad joke, the phone, Misty's bike, Team Rocket, Misty battling, Pikachu vs Meowth, the Pokedex and many more.
    This was one of the few I missed first time around and didn't see it until 1998/9, but it was definately worth the wait!
    Brilliant news. Toonami UK have (finally) got around to showing Pokemon: Battle Frontier (Season 9). Starts Monday at 5pm.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast