Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Emergency! (002)

This was such a good episode back then. Yeah, Team Rocket used to be pictured like very bad villians during this time, but now,they're just a joke, all they do is try to capture Ash's Pikachu and the featured Pokemon of the latest episode, and fail, always being blasted off. And I never knew that Arcanine was planned to be a legendary instead of Moltres, nor did I know that the "Ho-oh picture" was actually Articuno's picture back then. But I liked this episode alot. I'm glad that Pikachu was able to recover to beat Team Rocket for the first time.

James' voice was weird
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Ah yes, Team Rocket actually looked like they could steal Pokemon at one point. Heck, they were actually quite awesome at the time, even if they did wind up getting owned by Pikachu. Oh, and of course, them not wanting Pikachu in this episode is hilarious in hindsight. They should have gotten it when they had the chance.

Otherwise, a good, solid episode. There's a surprisingly large amount of humour for an episode that starts with Pikachu badly injured. I don't have the time to mention them all - just watch the episode.

Excellent episode, I enjoyed it alot. TR are actually bad guys in this one acting like true villains to bad they become comic relief a couple of episodes into the series. I got a laugh out of Jenny's VA in this episode as she was describing TR she made it sound so over the top like she was try to keep from laughing well reciting her lines. I like how they portray the Pokemon Center in this episode, it has a back up system of Pika power, and a transport system in case of an emergency. Poor Misty's bike, Ash & Pikachu and bikes don't have a good relationship as we'll see later in series, i'm surprised they don't make references to it later in the series.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I don't think anyone mentioned this, but Pikachu also destroyed his first bike (which has become a running gag in the show).
    A proud member of:SPPf Christian Alliance

When I asked Jesus how much he loved me, he said "This much."
    Then he stretched out his arms...and died for me.

Click so they hatch and grow:

It makes me wonder what Jessie & James were like before they met Ash & Co. I think that meeting them was their downfall, lol. I find it so ironic when Jessie says "Pikachu? We're not interested in your precious electric rat". XD To think how many years now they have been trying to get that "precious electric rat", lol. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Juuhachigou View Post
    It makes me wonder what Jessie & James were like before they met Ash & Co. I think that meeting them was their downfall, lol. I find it so ironic when Jessie says "Pikachu? We're not interested in your precious electric rat". XD To think how many years now they have been trying to get that "precious electric rat", lol. :P

I know that was hilarious.
    i always wondered why arcanine was on the wall probably because its classed as a legendary pokemon

I didn't reply on the first episode because there's a last page. Here I recalled when Ash said in that episode,"I'm Ash Ketchum From Pallet Town!" That part I learned of his Pikachu defending him from the Spearow and finishing off by an attack. Then the rainbow pokemon Ash was talking all about after the battle turns to be Ho-oh. I guess when he returned to Ecruteak City in Johto, Morty reminded of the crystal bells that ring for Ho-oh's appearance in a building, where Jesse cracked one. In this episode, I didn't know TR had a first appearance. What if they recited the first time to the twerp the motto of TR,"Prepare for trouble, and make it double! To protect the world from devastation...........,"

It's hard to believe Jessie and James were so threatening that they had their own wanted poster. Now, it seems like nobody knows about them.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

I miss when Ash actually had a reason to be stupid, now he just acts stupid for the hell of it.
    I've beaten the Elite 4 with only my trusty Magikarp!

Platinum FC: 0732-2220-0214 Name ABush

I miss when Ash actually had a reason to be stupid, now he just acts stupid for the hell of it.
    I've beaten the Elite 4 with only my trusty Magikarp!

Platinum FC: 0732-2220-0214 Name ABush

I think this episode, more than the first, is where a lot of people got hooked, when it showed Ash trying to defend Pikachu, and then Pikachu defending him, forging that bond that they have.

Whoa...The arguing between Ash and Misty seems interesting and the first appearance of Team Rocket makes it more incredible....

it was a while since i saw this episode, as far as i can remember it was a good episode. 9/10.

Man oh man. I remember seeing this episode back in the day, and thinking to myself, "Team Rocket was flippin awesome!"

... Now I find myself wondering "where did they go wrong?" =\

This is one of my favorite episodes either, mostly because Team Rocket were awesome, and I could actually take them seriously as villains. When James ripped down that poster and the two of them were talking about an unflattering picture... I agreed. Those pictures did not do them justice back in the day :P Plus, they were also threatening. They were after rare Pokemon (not just any Pokemon like they are today), they were rude, crude and pretty funny ("I think she's pretty, too. Pretty pathetic.") Awesome :3
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I remembe when I first saw this episode, it was love at first sight. Ok, that went to far. However, I did really like this episode. I thought that James was cool looking. James, pikachu, and Meowth had weird voices. Pikachu looks different then he does now. The pokedex says When several of these Pokémon gather, their electricity could build and cause lightning storms, does that mean that it storms often there? Why didn't Misty use staryu or starmie? Maybe she didn't want to give it away that she was a gym leader.

What struck me most about this episode was Nurse Joy's attitude. When a little kid comes in looking the way Ash did and has an injured companion, what kind of idiot would immediately yell at the kid and tell him it was his fault? (And yes, I do consider ten to be a little kid.)

This episode, in my opinion, was one of the most important episodes to the series. I mean, think about it: This was when Team Rocket would start following Ash for just about every episode to come, this was the first time someone started traveling with Ash, the first time Ash was challenged in a trainer battle, and the first time a destroyed bike was mentioned by the female who owned said bike (this one isn't as important as the others, though). I may be able to think up more if I really tried, but I don't want to try(What?! It's Saturday, and I don't like to think too hard on Saturdays...).

I miss the Team Rocket that was actually more violent and devious. They are really annoying and stupid now imo. They repeat the same things and when Meowth does his vision with Giovanni really makes me want to punch him. Don't get me wrong, I love Meowth, but his old character/personality was better.

I miss the old Days when TR actually seemed threatening.
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Yup those were the days.....

I wished sooooo much Arcanine was the bird's master
    <-|-| 0 T (not ash)

And from that episode they chased a Pikachu and first time they said they don't care about his rat...

Good episode. Team Rocket was just so pure evilish. All the Pikachus jumping off the wall or whatever was so cute.
    Last edited by Igottapoo; 8th January 2009 at 8:08 AM.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Team rocket was so awesome in this episode. In fact, during the begining of this season they were my all time favorite villains. I can't say that about them now
    Current Pearl team~
    Inferno Lv. 21 Talon Lv. 21 Chuck Lv. 21
    Pikachu Lv. 20

Love this episode..TR was mean..and they act like the real bad guys...they changed...
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast