Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ash Catches a Pokémon! (003)

Yes, the Cow-terpie joke, one of the many times for random dub humor. I didn't know about the "Torchic, use mushroom!" one before.

It was a good episode, even in the game Caterpies are easy to raise. I see May went down the same path when she caught her first Pokemon too, goin' for the worm!

I remember when Ash was a little rookie ;_;. They grow up so fast.*sniffs*

It was a nice episode and it also had Misty saying the episode title instead of Ash. Thats cause it had his name in it but I think there was another epi with Ashs name in it who said the title for that one?

Raiden Guest

Ash catches his first two Pokemon, and Ash has a PROPER Pokemon battle. I agree with Gravy 100%, this is a classic.

This episode is so great it doesn't even need an explaination.

10/10.

Continuing my episode review catchup...

This is definitely one of the funnier earlier episodes. I do feel bad when Misty hurts Caterpie's feelings, but I like how she goes over the three things she hates the most, then blasts Caterpie away. Ash is hilarious when he gets so excited over having caught his first pokemon too.

It's too bad Team Rocket's role in this episode is so small, after making a big splash in their debut. At least the episodes where they play very minor roles are few (well, *I'm* glad about that ). I do like the scene where Meowth gets mummified. LOL

Overall, good humor in this episode, though I do think Misty was a little too mean to caterpie. At least it evolved at the end of the episode.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

This is one of the greatest episodes in the Kanto saga.

A very good old-school episode of Pokemon, this is what started Ash on his journey. I agree Misty was mean to Caterpie, he was just so adorable, I don't know how she could be so mean to him like that, he wasn't that scary. His conversation to Pikachu about his dream of being a Butterfree was so cute!And how Caterpie showed up to Team Rocket, even though he was weakened his String shot was amazing, he wrapped Ekans, Koffing and Meowth in string! (Meowth looked like a mummy lol) All in all, this was one of the best classic episodes yet. 10/10.

This is one of the greatest episodes in the Kanto saga.

It's one of the best episodes from the best season. 'Nuff said. Actually no it isn't 'nuff said. I really loved Caterpie's personality and felt really sorry for him when Misty insulted him. And the bit where he beat Team Rocket was amazing. Can't reember much else of it, haven't seen it in years. Ohh and Caterpie's conversation with Pikachu, I liked Pikachu then and how his frienship with Ash developed. Anyway I digress. Not seen the anime in years and I miss it. Has anyone noticed how Caterpie and Ash are similar in a few ways. They both start out pretty weak, thye both have an ambition to be better/the best, Misty starts out hating them both and she ends up liking them both. I could rant on about this episode for ages. Anyway, a summary, great episode, love Caterpie 10/10. But that could be the nostalgia talking.

I really loved Caterpie's personality and felt really sorry for him when Misty insulted him
    i agree...you could realy feel for Caterpie and think that was very well done

lightspeed Guest

This episode was great, I like it, pretty funny and I like Caterpie's personality. It was also nice to see it beat team rocket.

Ahh caterpie. I love this epi as it is the first step on The journey for ash's butterfree. TR getting beat by caterpie was funny. I thought it was weird how ash told caterpie to use Counter of Pidgeotto when it cant learn it but meh

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

One of the best kanto episodes there is. I felt so bad for Caterpie when Misty denied the poor critter. This was probably the most eventful episode in the series, having two captures and an evolution. Both Caterpie and Pidgeotto were probably Ash's two best Kanto pokemon both brave and loyal to their trainer. Caterpie was so small and cute at the end toppling Koffing into Ekans was actually heartwarming and comical at the same time.

This was a really nice episode. I loved Misty's three things she hates. It was so funny back then. And Ash catches a Caterpie and a Pidgeotto. And Caterpie evolves into Metapod. A really great episode and I loved Caterpie's dream to turn into a Butterfree. Definitly 10/10.

I don't know if its just me, but it seems like these to pokemon and someother are just the few of ash's pokemon that he actually catcches in the wild before meeting ex: bulbasaur or charmander, he met them first

CATERPIE IS COOL!!!!!!!!!!
    Im willing to trade mew or celebi for a shiny
    thnx Jukain for this cool banner

One of the episodes featuring the "crap attack in-game saving the day" running gag. And there are no Pidgeotto in Viridian Forest. But, games=/=anime still....
    LATIAS>LATIOS, LATIAS>YOU, GOLEM>LATIAS
    I'm getting so freaking annoyed of all the LOL LOOK I CAN EDIT MT TEXtXORS freaks I am leaving for a while. don't except to see me for some time. BTW why do you even have show signatures on?

Magikarp is good.
    CLONING POKEMON OR ITEMS IS CHEATING.

A OK episode. Ash catches his first Pokemon.

I did not see this episode until a long time after I saw the first one, I bought a Pokemon video cassette and it only had the first two episodes and then the full Pokerap on it.

A few years later, I watched the third episode. I thought it was an OK one.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXPorygonXx View Post
    Like we really care what some random person says about us.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Credit: HawthorneKitty

well know ah has 2 more pokes....im happy for that because you dont se in the anime 2 poke catches a day

merry christmas!

It was really funny when Meowth scratches all over Jessy and James face, and then Jessy and James beat up Meowth. I just watched the again today in a rerun.

Preserve the original timeline, it may be the only one with chocolate.

I've wanted to see this episode for a long time and I finally saw it again today. Must have been a good day for Ash in this episode.

i think he should catch 2 pokemon in an episode again like this 1
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Quote Originally Posted by Turtloopa View Post
    there are no Pidgeotto in Viridian Forest.
    In RBY, there were.
    I liked this ep. caterpie is kawaii!

Ah...The very first episode i ever saw. I immediatley hated Misty, loved Pikachu and thought Ash was a freak of nature.

Throughout this episode i just kept thinking how awful Misty was to Caterpie and Ash.

It made me smile when Ash caught the Caterpie and started dancing around.
    This was a good ep, not excellent but good. And in a way...Ledgenary (for me) because it was the beginning of me loving pokemon.
    [IMG]http://i16.*******.com/6gl23xc.png[/IMG]

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast