Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ash Catches a Pokémon! (003)

This episode was cool. I bet it was and will be the only time in pokemon history that Ash catches 2 and evolves 1 pokemon.

This has to be one of the best episodes ever, I just love it. Back when everything wasn't so difficult and Team Rocket was still bearable. I would've loved for Caterpie to stay Caterpie.
    DO A BARREL ROLL! Click to go to my comic.

Very good episode, Ash catching a Caterpie and Pidgeotto in the same episode is awesome.I know why Misty is following Ash it's not because of her bike it's cause she's in love with Ash and she just doesn't want to admit it. Ah Misty and her fear of Bug Pokemon it's funny to watch her overreact to bad it caused Caterpie to get it's feeling hurt when it was only trying to be friends with her. I got the jist of what Caterpie and Pikachu were talking about on the stump but I think it would have been better if subtitles were provided, but the that probably wouldn't add to the mystery of Pokemon. The two thing i really loved in this episode were Pidgeotto eating a real worm & Caterpie's evolution method, which I believe is the only time the animators use how actual caterpillars evolve.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

After a long time I watched the episode again and I can't believe how much I loved Caterpie. It's gotta be Ash's cutest pokemon ever. Shame it evolved! Shame!

this ep was so great ash caught his first pokemon and his second (i think it shoulda been called ash catches 2 pokemon but oh well.)

9/10 still 1 of my favorites
    Last edited by THE ONE THE ONLY...AIPOM; 30th March 2008 at 6:43 PM.

Oh boy. All of my early memories of Pokemon are coming back to me. This episode was the first one I ever saw. This is what got me more into the anime and, later on, the games.

I remember wondering what was going on since I never heard of Pokemon. I didn't know what Pikachu was, but I loved how cute it was. Plus, I couldn't figure out why Misty was being so mean to Caterpie and Ash.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

I wish there had been more catching episodes, I would love to actually seen Ash throwing more pokeballs to catch pokemon than them just following him.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua's Dolphin View Post
    In RBY, there were.
    I liked this ep. caterpie is kawaii!
    Not sure bout Red (have it a home) but definitely in Yellow. It was my eight capture. Ahh... Yellow with the electric rat (i loved it's reaction after beating a hooked pkmn, seemed like it was eating it....)

@ Valorous: I think the Pidgeotto were only in it in Yellow, because of the tie-in with the show, but I'm not sure!

Ah this episode was great... Whatever about obscure Japanese jokes, there's no mistaking the comic genius of Cowterpie... Well, for a nine year old. But still.

Pidgeotto always totally rocked. It was mostly a balloon popper or a smokescreen disperser, but no-one can question it's commitment...

And I'm sorry, but Caterpie is clearly a champion... Hello Ekans, hello Koffing, you're now on that slippery slope we call total failure...

I love this episode caterpie is adorable and he was so sweet in this episoe he just wanted to be accepted by Misty. He was so powerful for a little guy. Its great that he evolved at the end.

catarpie looks very cute if you ask me and it's very strong, i give a 9/10 for this episode.

This epiosde is very good. The bit when Pikachu was talking to Caterpie was weird. The battle with Team Rocket was good and they lost to a Caterpie

9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Magi of all View Post
    Nurse Joy has stuff to do. Great episode, not filler at all. Season one was the best in my opnion, after thatmost of the episodes became repitative and dumb.
    This is completely the truth. First season FTW rest of the seasons epic phailz.
    Known as Ds4Ever on Gamesradar. Known as Da Cowinator on XBL. Known as FistInUrFace on Combat Arms. Runescape is ACowWithADS(don't go on much). Also known as ACowWithADS on Gamefaqs.

This episode was great! I loved it, caterpie was cute yet strong
    HeartGold

No one here can say that this episode isn't a classic.

He catches the Caterpie, there's lots of discussion and character development, Caterpie battles (some good ones, too), Ash catches Pidgeotto, and Caterpie evolves!

2 catches and an evolution in one episode! Woah! I don't think that's ever happened since.

Great episode. Definitely a classic! ^^
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I felt really sorry for Caterpie, because all it tried to do was be friends with Misty and she started freaking out.

When it evolved into Butterfree, she didn't even flinch.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Yay!Ashy boy's first Pokemon!A Caterpie!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I think the old pokemon season were better, now ash sound like he been through pubity and got ALOT smarter, and I think ash was better with his other voice and i want him back to his normal self again. I remember this one, ( remember the old memories of pokemon) when ash first caught caterpie he was very pleased with himself lol. caterpie was sooooooooooo cute when he was talking to pikachu and the way he looked into the sky with those big shiny eyes was soooooooo adorable!

Name: Charmander
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Yeah, this episode is great. My favorite episode of all times. It was not only the best but also two thumbs up.
    Signature coming soon

Caterpie was so cute. It's dream of evolving was cool. And the fight against Team Rocket. It makes sense that there would be pidgeotto in the woods. One of the pidgeys could have evolved.

*Sigh* My first episode of Pokemon...I can still remember my brother insisting that it was a great show and that I should watch it, and at the moment this particular episode happened to be on. I fell in love with Pokemon instantly, and I was no more than three or four years old. Wow...eight years of Pokemon...

Anyway, this episode was pretty good. Reality strikes every time I watch this; Misty's my favorite character and I don't like to think of her as such a hothead. But, she really is, and I just have to accept that (Although, I do think she's gotten better over the years). Poor Caterpie...It looks so adorable. How could Misty hate it?!

I also love how inexperienced Ash is in this episode. I love the original episodes in Kanto just because of the naive and silly mistakes Ash makes. I think it's more entertaining than his current mature, somewhat serious self.

I liked this episode, Caterpie was cute and Mist was really funny back then!
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

^ Yeah, she was. I miss those episodes. I'm surprised I remember the whole part where Caterpie evolved and did that veil thingy with String Shot. Wow, I'm a dork.

Truly a wonderful episode. Caterpie was so awesome. And so was Pidgeotto. One of the best episodes ever. And the Pikachu talking to Caterpie scene was so adorable.
    Last edited by Igottapoo; 8th January 2009 at 9:00 AM.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Caterpie totaly got my respect when it favored Misty , now thats what I call a smart pokemon XD
    I also thought pidgeotto was cool as well. It was awesome how he took on both team rocket's pokemon at once.
    Current Pearl team~
    Inferno Lv. 21 Talon Lv. 21 Chuck Lv. 21
    Pikachu Lv. 20

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast