Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Ash Catches a Pokémon! (003)

Quote Originally Posted by TheJLeeTeam View Post
    Caterpie and Pikachu were probably talking about how Caterpie wants to become Butterfree and be free.
    I'm pretty sure that was heavily implied, especially when we saw Caterpie imagine itself flying as a Butterfree during that interaction scene with Pikachu.

This episode was basically just a big argument in a forest and little more. Admittedly the argument was comical but watching this episode could make one bored easily. Pidgeotto and Caterpie were caught in this episode which was good. They weren't terribly interesting members of Ash's team, but it was good to see him slowly improving his catching skills.

Name is Bill, but you can call me your new lord and master for all of eternity.
    I claimed Crustle so I'm also his lord and master.

Before this episode, I didn't really expect Ash to catch a Pidgeotto in that episode but did expect him to catch a Caterpie.

Sugimori art used; quote from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Banner created by me
        Spoiler:- Claims:

Images from Bulbapedia, Banner from upload to Imgur

I loved how Ash caught Caterpie here and that Misty was scared of it ha ha. Caterpie's scene at night with Pikachu was so cute plus I liked that Caterpie fought Team rocket on his own and won while Pikachu was incapacitated. ^^

I wonder why there aren't more examples of the Pokemon food chain outside of OS. We know it exists, because Pidgeotto tried to eat Caterpie here.

This was a cute episode with Ash catching two new Pokémon and evolving one. I really like how Ash is maturing and seeing what being a Pokémon trainer is really about.

Also, I love how Misty blatantly makes up the bike excuse just to travel with Ash. I found that pretty funny.

It kind of sucked that Pidgeotto was the fall guy for Caterpie here. I wish he had defeated the TRio instead of a weak little insect doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    It kind of sucked that Pidgeotto was the fall guy for Caterpie here. I wish he had defeated the TRio instead of a weak little insect doing that.
    Well Pidgeotto was weak from his match with Pikachu so that's prolly why he didn't do so well. And looking back Ekans and Koffing were kind of impressive and competent here. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    And looking back Ekans and Koffing were kind of impressive and competent here. ^^;
    Yeah, it was pretty awesome to see Team Rocket's Pokémon battling so well. I also think it was impressive how Caterpie was able to hold its own like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    Yeah, it was pretty awesome to see Team Rocket's Pokémon battling so well. I also think it was impressive how Caterpie was able to hold its own like that.
    Yes, I was happy too and I totally didn't expect Caterpie to be that sturdy against Team Rocket's Pokémon.

Sugimori art used; quote from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Banner created by me
        Spoiler:- Claims:

Images from Bulbapedia, Banner from upload to Imgur

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    I had just forgotten that early Team rocket was good at keeping up with Ash's pokemon at first and I kind of miss times like these when they didn't just lose to Pikachu in five seconds and actually held their own.

Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    But the point was to show that Caterpie wasn't what he seemed and portray him as a useful Pokemon rather than a weak little insect....

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cipher View Post
    They weren't terribly interesting members of Ash's team, but it was good to see him slowly improving his catching skills.
    Caterpie was interesting since he showed personality here as well as a dream. Pidgeotto on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    Caterpie was interesting since he showed personality here as well as a dream. Pidgeotto on the other hand...
    Well that's true, not that I dislike Pidgeotto tho. He just wasn't as interesting as Caterpie mostly because Caterpie was handled as the star and the one we had to root for.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567