Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Challenge of the Samurai (004)

Caterpie evolved pretty fast, similar to in the games. And Samurai is now on my list of people who I want to return.
    Little known fact: I'm a figment of your imagination.

I do love the episodes that seem to have a real purpose, meaning they wanted metapod to somehow to get to butterfree and having him in a no-win/no lose battle was the perfect way to do it.

Man this episodes rock so much!!! I love the metapod vs metapod never ending battle...
    ]

Spoiler:- TRADES OFFER:

I liked how once Samurai took off his armour he was clearly just a bug catcher...

I dunno why, but I really liked when he was talking about battling Gary and the others... He says something like "those were three spectacular matches", and the pictures they showed made it seem like the others' starters were all top notch.

Beedrill rocks too. I liked how they managed to break holes in his cabin, but yet stopped trying to get in...

i don't like bug pokemon but this episode was decent, i'll give it a 8/10^^

This episode cracked me up, when Ash and the Samurai had a Metapod battle, all it could do was harden so no-one was ever going to win.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Heh, Samurai... always calling Ash "novice" XD

They spent an entire day trying to see whose Metapod could harden more. terrible innuendo, anyone? *shot*

But I'm glad Metapod evolved ^_^ Butterfree is awesome! Episode is definitely a classic.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I liked the metapod vs metapod. Back in the day, this was how I found out that metapod evolved. I also remember not knowing what a novice was. When I found out, it made a lot more sense.

The funnyest part of that episode is Metapod Vs. Metapod battle. I died laughing when I saw Ash and Samurai falling

Samurai is a joke. First he tries to kill Ash with that sword than said it was Ash's fault that weedle got away, then he blames him for leaving metapod when a swarm of bees tries to kill him. He's the worst character.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Samurai is a joke. First he tries to kill Ash with that sword than said it was Ash's fault that weedle got away, then he blames him for leaving metapod when a swarm of bees tries to kill him. He's the worst character.
    I must agree that some of his antics were a bit ridiculous. Samurai probably is one of my least favorite characters of the day. I mean, they didn't even bother to give Samurai a real name!

Aside from my complaints about the character of the day, this episode was okay, but a little on the boring side. However, I did think the Metapod battle was pretty funny. All in all, this episode was alright, but definintly nowhere near one of my favorites.

The Samurai guy? eh I didn't like him. I love love love Butterfree though. It was so heart warming to see it come out of that shell.
    Last edited by Igottapoo; 8th January 2009 at 8:04 AM.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Even though Samurai was a not so good character, I thought his Pincer was awesome. Why he only used it in one battle I'll never know.
    But Butterfree was awesome, and I like how they made the evolutions more realistic in this episode.
    Current Pearl team~
    Inferno Lv. 21 Talon Lv. 21 Chuck Lv. 21
    Pikachu Lv. 20

The battle with the samurai was funny too see. Mostly when they were battling with the metapod. XD

The battle between Metapod & Metapod was.....interesting. Lol. I also found it amusing that Misty & Pikachu took advantage of it by sun-tanning. Haha. IMO, the Samurai was a great first trainer for Ash. IIRC, Ash won, no? & by the way, it freaked me out the way Metapod evolved 0_o I remember when I was little, I thought it was broken & died. Lol, but then it transformed into a beautiful Butterfree xD

I give this episode a:
    7/10
    Last edited by glowing_light010; 5th September 2009 at 9:01 PM.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2gsg6iq.png[/IMG]

Did Ash and the samurai actually think that the battle between the two Metapods was actually going somewhere? It was a good thing they didn't try to finish that fight. They'd still be fighting to this day if they had, but the Metapod's would be stronger than diamonds.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

this episode 5 out of 10 metapod vs metapod?
    3ds 0860-3328-3384
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/zx4emh.png[/IMG]

Hmm, poor Metapod. it saved Ash.

I loved to see the battle vs the Samurai. especially Pinsir.

7/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I loved this episode.

So far, i think Kanto and DP have the best episodes, but Kanto has something that DP dont have, that is nostalgia and more importantly great characters. They NEED to bring Samurai, AJ and Giselle back. Seriously. Atleast an episode. And i believe its not impossible thanks to everything going on in DP. And Duplica, even though she appeared in Johto once.

But DP has Paul
    Formerly, Chariking

The Samurai, who apparently had no other name and therefore kept that nickname, was annoying. With his Metapod not being able to attack, it was just a stall tactic.

Loved that Ash's Metapod was "bug-napped" by a Beedrill and taken to it's nest. Those Kakuna were scary though. They could still see even in their cocoon state.

Great evolution at the end though 7/10

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    The Samurai, who apparently had no other name and therefore kept that nickname, was annoying. With his Metapod not being able to attack, it was just a stall tactic.
    Yeah then battle between their Metapod was really strange... they even didn't move so I don't know how the battle was over. if they were standing there hours the battle was never ends.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    Yeah then battle between their Metapod was really strange... they even didn't move so I don't know how the battle was over. if they were standing there hours the battle was never ends.
    lol, worse battle ever. Two Metapods. That had the potential to go on forever.
    " r u n y o u c l e v e r b o y . . . a n d r e m e m b e r. "

Seriously, who actually battles using a Metapod, Kakuna, Silcoon, or Cascoon? They can't use any physical attacks in the game unless you catch them as their stage 1 forms and evolve them, and in the show it seems they don't even have that luxury.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

This episode was kind of funny to me, mainly because of the FAIL that was the Metapod vs. Metapod battle. I also liked the flashbacks and for the longest time I was trying to figure out which starter was Gary's.

Quote Originally Posted by KGB13 View Post
    This episode was kind of funny to me, mainly because of the FAIL that was the Metapod vs. Metapod battle. I also liked the flashbacks and for the longest time I was trying to figure out which starter was Gary's.
    Me too! Then I remembered that it was squirtle! I loved this episode. Misty and Pikachu getting bored during the Metapod vs Metapod battle. When butterfree came out of that shell, it was pretty epic.

When I first saw this episode when it was dubbed in English, I thought that metapod had died when I saw that huge crack haha.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast