Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Challenge of the Samurai (004)

I've seen this episode in Youtube earlier today, and thought that the Metapod x Metapod battle was phatetic (sp?). The Beedrills were pretty annoying, and Ash's Metapod, was very dull, and useless.

Seeing Metapod evolve into a Butterfree was great

The Samurai character,IMO,.....not so much

another episode that proved Jesse and James were more stupid in the first season then any other.

(after weedles are found eating the tank)
    James: "We built the tank out of paper to reduce the weight"

I, for one, actually liked this episode. I felt so bad when Metapod got sliced open, felt so good when Misty was seen with a bikini on, Samurai was a pretty cool character (much better than the Johto and Hoenn generics), Team Rocket was great, the Beedrills were great, Metapod evolved into Butterfree, we got 5 Pokemon introduced to us (I had just saw this episode in around 1999 or 2000) and the scene where Ash apologizes to Metapod was very touching. My only problem with this episode is that it seemed like it came a bit too early in the series and Ash and Misty never met up with Samurai again.

Overall, great episode- 9/10. I adore the Indigo league.

Metapod evolveing into Butterfree was great.

This episode made Bug pokemon look much better than they actually are. It made Beedrill looked ridiculously tough, as well as Pinsir. Samurai's choice of words were good, and I didn't really understand them when I first saw it (At age 6), but understood what they meant later, and appreciated this episode a lot more. I like the old episodes when Ash didn't always use Pikachu, and Pidgeotto & Butterfree got some action. One of my favorites.

In this episode, Ash says that he will have another Pokemon battle with the Samurai in the future, but they never meet again. I used to think that they will actually battle each other again.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXPorygonXx View Post
    Like we really care what some random person says about us.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Credit: HawthorneKitty

This was one of the more amusing episodes in the series! The Metapod vs Metapod is considered a 'classic' in my circle of friends. How can anyone not find that funny? XD;; Team Rocket using the box for cover also made me laugh a bit, but was also probably the first event to make the trio seem like a group of incompetents rather than a villianous team (I do have mixed thoughts on that notion, however).

Samurai was cool to me. Then again, I have a thing for many swordsmen. He wasn't as interesting as some of the one-shot characters from the latter part of the series, but he still holds a special place in my heart. It would have been nice to see him again. Actually, I expected him to be one of Ash's opponents at Indigo Plateau.

i love this episode! metapod vs metapod...it was soo funny!
    and when Metapod evo into Butterfree <3 bring back memorrie
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

i hear it was banned in Korea but it was boring seeing those metapod battle

merry christmas!

Where'd you hear that?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Isn't Pokemon completely banned in North Korea...along with most other Anime?

The samurai was a fat loser. A fat loser with no sense of morals what so ever. Also a pedophile, and also a robber.

I hate him, and you should too

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Where'd you hear that?
    Somebody wrote that on Wikipedia. It's since been deleted (I believe) because there was nothing substantiating the claims. Supposedly, it was also banned in China, but again, I don't think that's true.

A very good episode, with deep message and a very original plot. I loved the evolution. This was the first time beedril attacked.

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

I like how the Samurais name was... Samurai. LMAO.

the quote"oh yeah u gotta waken b4 u capture it really got me!"LOL!

A ok episode I enjoyed seeing Ashes first one on one battle. The battle was rather on the boring side both Pinsir and Metapod should know more then 1 move each,but I guess i'm a bit spoiled comparing this one to later episodes in which the battles are better. I loved the evolution scenes for Metapod & Kakuna it makes Pokemon seem more real basing their evolutions after regular insects. I got a good laugh at the Cowterpie joke. I noticed that Satoshi (Ashes Japanese name) was written on the sleeping bag when Ash & Misty were sleeping in Samurai's cabin, i'm surprised 4Kids missed that.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Loved it first character of the day ash's first real battle and i loved the pinsir and metapod daydream

I loved it. It was actually my first episode to ever see.

This changed Team Rocket from a bad-*** team into retards.

When it originally aired by me, I didn't start watching until the fake safari zone episode (with the kangaskhan kid). I watched every episode until they re-aired them from number one again, and this was the only episode I missed. It wasn't until 2 years later that I finally saw this episode, and when I did, I was impressed.

I liked this episode. I liked how fast Metapod evolved into Butterfree, which is kind of like how the games are.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

One extremely old skool ep. Quite a bit of Pokéshippyness if you pay lots of attention. I liked Caterpie evolving, and Misty making friends with Pikachu was a nice touch. The dub was a little dodgy, though.

I felt like that the Metapod vs. Metapod battle almost took forever to end. This should be another example for a never ending battle.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast