Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Challenge of the Samurai (004)

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    Unfortunately, it wasn't translated too well, in my opinion. To be fair, they didn't really have that many other options.
    Maybe it was because at that time, the writers may not have expected the anime to air outside Japan yet. Which might have caused some language barriers when the dub translators translated it to English but I thought the 'cowterpie' thing was really irrelevant because Ash's Caterpie had already evolved and also about the pun, 'bug' doesn't even close to 'cow'.

Sugimori art used; quote from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Banner created by me
        Spoiler:- Claims:

Images from Bulbapedia, Banner from upload to Imgur

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    Oh yeah, I recall reading about that.

Unfortunately, it wasn't translated too well, in my opinion. To be fair, they didn't really have that many other options.
    Yea and I think 4kids should've prolly skipped that scene cuz it wouldn't have made much sense no matter what they tried to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ErenJay View Post
    Plus, the Samurai at the end admits that compared to Ash here, in terms of character, he was the novice after all. Also, Samurai was interesting to me, I liked how seriously he took himself.
    I think he was too formal and serious for a kid, tho I guess that was because of his samurai theme or something ha ha. :3

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456