Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Showdown in Pewter City (005)

Nice episode, but I don't like that electric attacks can damage ground type Pokémon, it's impossible!

lightspeed Guest

This episode was fine and it was interesting watching Brock take care of his siblings, but they could have shown more of how Brock joined the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Mewtwo
    Nice episode, but I don't like that electric attacks can damage ground type Pokémon, it's impossible!
    It was established many many times that Ground-Type Pokemon lose their Ground-Type characteristics in the anime. It was also established many many times that the anime isn't exactly like the games.
    Last edited by Satoshi; 9th March 2006 at 12:56 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

isnt exactly like it....what you on about....its nothing like the games

Brock joining the group was good.The battle was pretty good to. 5/10

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

Default Nice early ep

This ep is inherently important as Brock's first appearance. But it's still a pretty good early ep on its own. It's a little odd for the sprinkler system to count as fair fighting though, and it's weird that TR has almost no airtime. Oh, well. And I gotta point out that this ep is notable for one other thing: It has the best fanservice shot of Misty's rear in the whole series. ( Right after Misty says "There's no way you'll beat Brock in the Pewter City Gym. Hmf." )

Trivia: Ever notice how spooky Brock first sounded when he says "Who goes there?"

It was a good episode but seriously

Ash is evil I finally know how Pikachu is soo strong in Gym battles or when he is in a city.

Every night Ash and Pikachu sneak away and break into a power plant then juice up Pikachu for battles the next day!

Well it was a nice way to show Brock and Flint... wlel not so much Flint
    Quote Originally Posted by gotiloco View Post
    OLD-SCHOOL PWNz !!!

Banner Created by:Llybian Minamino, Silver = best game, Typhlosion = best pokemon

Earn Free Money and Prizes: Points2Shop

This is the episode where Ash gets his first badge, the Boulder Badge. And Brock joins the group. But there is no way Pikachu could beat Geodude and Onix. Overall it was a pretty good episode.

I like the way Ash supercharges Pikachu. I think that's why Pikachu became super-powerful, because of the electric training thing.
    (The intense music helped supercharge Pikachu too, of course lol)
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Default picture

Someone was nice enough to post a scan from that cool scene in this ep here

It was a alright episode.

An OK episode, but I didn't like how Brock gave Ash a 'pity badge'. I like to think what would happen if Brock did not decide to follow Ash on his Pokemon journey.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXPorygonXx View Post
    Like we really care what some random person says about us.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Credit: HawthorneKitty

I love this episode, lots of drama with the Pikachu vs Onix thing. The part where Brock's father revealed himself was marvelous, I miss that intelligent writting. Overall a great episode, very emotional. The writers should rewatch this season.

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

This episode starts the infamous pity for the badges. But seriously, the overall episode was a great introduction for Brock. Back when he was an awesome character comparing him to now. I remember how Pikachu was so scared of its first battle.

I saw this in Japanese not long ago, and for some reason I saw edits that was obvious and a couple of what many comparers missed. The part when Pikachu fights Onix, and it starts shooting electric attacks all over the place. Pikachu did hella damage more then the dub. Onix headed bounced twice, the rocks shattered more in the Japanese verison, and the lamp posts broked and got on fire. I had to compare to the English version, and it was a weird video edit. Like they slowed it down. If anyone reading this who have the Jap version of this episode, you'll see what I mean.

It was ok. The gym battle wasn't spectacular but its the 90's. Brock was actually cool in this one.

I loved the whole back story for brock and his father. good stuff. you just dont see episodes like this now a days. now you see harley the flamboyant cactus boy. big flippin whoop.

Harley >>>>> Brock.

It's truth.

This was Ash's first gym battle. Brock. He look's like my bro. Well.......maybe a little I think. Sorry master cyndaquil.

Alright 1st appearance of Brock in the series and what an episode we also get Ashes 1st gym battle and Pikachu getting supercharged. I really like "Gym Leader" Brock he got attitude and when we first see him he's very intimidating. Nice first gym battle for Ash even if he won on a with a little bit of luck but at least he wants to win on his own strength. Grats to Ash for wining his first badge and gaining a new friend.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Loved this the debut of brock,and pikachu defeating onix and geodude with electric attacks

Brock was introduced well. Although i didn't get the bit that Brock went on the journey with Ash and Misty just by Ash beating him. I liked Brock's father when he was Hidden (Flint) all mysterious.

The stillness of the deep blue ocean which surrounds us is like our hearts

Cute Pokemon Club
    The Graphics Club

Brock was a lot different in his debut than he is currently. I think I liked his personality back then more than I do now.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

Brock had a great backstory, and although Ash technically didn't win the badge, it did show that having good character can win out.

This was a very good episode.We for the first time saw Brock in pokemon series,and it was interesting to learn something about his past and family.Also,it was very interesting to see how Ash managed to win against Brock rock types using electric attacks from supercharged Pikachu,thought the Onix lost because he was weakened by sprinklers.Overall a nice episode to introduce Brock in the series.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast