Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Showdown in Pewter City (005)

I think I would have preferred this episode if Ash learned to stop being conceited and stubborn and accepted Misty's help. Would have at least been better than the sprinkler nonsense.

U.S. State Face-Off | Main Series Game Face-Off | Pokemon Anime Face-Off | Beverage Face-Off
    Looking for tallyists and co-owners for some of my face-offs. PM if you're interested

4Kids messing up by saying Brock's mum was dead was a bad error on their part but I liked that Brock was serious here, not goofy like he gets later on.

I never understood this episode. Onix getting defeated with an Electric attack is illogical even when it got sprinkle with water. Ground is immune to Electric.
    Dragon user - can counter Steel with Fire attacks and counter Fairy with Poison and Steel attacks.

My Dragon gym leader/elite 4 and champion team - Mega Charizard X, Kingdra, Garchomp, Haxorus, Dragalge and Tyrantrum

My legendary Dragon team - Mega Rayquaza, Black Kyurem, Latios with Soul Dew, Dialga, Palkia and Reshiram

Currently waiting for Sun and Moon to come out.

Now rooting for Ash Ketchum to win the pokemon league.

Obtained shiny Latias on the 14/4/2016

Sorry for my annoying, improper and unprofessional posts everyone.

I have Asperger Syndrome which makes it hard to socialize, make friends, date and communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    4Kids messing up by saying Brock's mum was dead was a bad error on their part but I liked that Brock was serious here, not goofy like he gets later on.
    In their defense they had no idea his mom would be relevant in the future, but yea they should've translated the episode accurately. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    I never understood this episode. Onix getting defeated with an Electric attack is illogical even when it got sprinkle with water. Ground is immune to Electric.
    But at that time, Onix was being sprinkled by the sprinklers in the Gym and Pikachu electrified it. In fact it wasn't defeated by Pikachu's Electric attacks; it was defeated by the burst sprinklers.

Sugimori art used; quote from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Banner created by me

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    In their defense they had no idea his mom would be relevant in the future, but yea they should've translated the episode accurately. ^^;
    Guess that is true but meh. 4Kids still lost some respect from me by making up her death.

Guess that is true but meh. 4Kids still lost some respect from me by making up her death.
    Yes they definitely shouldn't have done that and instead just copied the dialogue that was said in the Japanese version, but hey the rest of the episode seemed pretty much the same as the original at least. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Yes they definitely shouldn't have done that and instead just copied the dialogue that was said in the Japanese version, but hey the rest of the episode seemed pretty much the same as the original at least. ^^
    Yeah, and they really had no reason for making it up in the first place. It's not like it was even important to the plot at all. They should've just said that she was gone or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    Yeah, and they really had no reason for making it up in the first place. It's not like it was even important to the plot at all. They should've just said that she was gone or something.
    Yeah it was a translation error. In English, 'gone' can sometimes be used as a kinder word for 'dead', but then 'gone' would mean that Brock's mother would be relevant to the plot. Or otherwise Brock just thought his mother was dead but realised she was alive later.

Sugimori art used; quote from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Banner created by me

4Kids didn't know she was gonna come back and besides worse things have happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    It's funny how they complicated things for themselves by making up false info. ^^; Any ways I'm just glad that Flint went back to his family and set Brock free from his responsibilities.

My favorite part: Misty offering to lend Ash her Pokemon, but I'm glad he didn't accept her help and fought using his own team.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456