Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clefairy & The Moonstone! (006)

Default Clefairy & The Moonstone! (006)

Clefairy & The Moonstone!

With Brock as their new companion, Ash & Misty arrive in Mt. Moon where they meet a Scientist and a Clefairy. However Team Rocket want to steal this Clefairy and the Moonstone...can Ash & Co. Protect it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Way to confusing for my taste, like why they thought Clefairy were aliens, and did not know what a metronome was.

This was one of the first episodes that I had seen, and frankly, almost made me stop watching Pokemon entirely. As Cloud Strife mentioned, it was a very confusing episode (especially when I was much younger) and many questions were left unanswered. But strangely, when I first saw Clefable, it became my favorite Pokemon instantly.
    Maggots of Society: Chapter One Up!

Twins with Sike Saner! She loves to stay in the shadows.

hazza123 Guest

Is This the episode Brock caught Zubat in ???

hazza123 Guest

Is This the episode Brock caught Zubat in ??? I can only vaguely remember seeing this one morning a long long time ago. I did however really like it.

Yeah, Brock caught his Zubat in this one - a little confusingly, since you never see him do it.

This episode was mighty awkward. 4Kids screwing up Seymour's character didn't help (am I the only one who thinks he looks like Seta from "Love Hina"?). But once again, we get multiple Pokémon introductions in one episode (Zubat, Paras, Sandshrew, Clefairy, Staryu, and Clefable), so that kinda makes up for it.

Interestingly, this episode was adapted as a comic over the course of three issues of "Disney Adventures" in the summer of 1999, back when I was just figuring out what "Pokémon" was, so technically this was the first episode I saw. I had heard about Team Rocket prior to reading the comic, or even hearing about "Pokémon" for the first time, though at the time I thought they were some kind of rap group (God, I used to be an idiot...then I learned the facts and became a bigger idiot).

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Yeah, we shoulda seen him actually put Zubat within the Ball. Clefairy was adorable, and that was about it. Professor Cozmo pwns Seymour by so much. The Moon Stone dance was cool. My sister and I did it around the TV room table XD.
    Another episode where TR almost gets away with one of their schemes, so that was great to watch.

Overall rating:
    5.9 out of 10!
    This episode was far too confusing for my taste. Clefairy and Zubat together just really was too much for me(What?!? I was eight!!).

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Am I the only one who liked Seymour? I don't know if it was his voice or his personality, but he just cracked me up.

This episode had a lot of good moments, like Meowth getting blown up like a balloon, Brock catching zubat off-screen, everybody speaking in rhythm, and, of course, the Macarena joke. ROFLOL I can still do that dance, too.

It was also interesting watching it again since they just had that episode in Japan revisiting Mt. Moon, with our same twerps (plus May and Max) and Team Rocket there again eight years later, and some of the same environments, like the river and the path to Cerulean City. It'll be interesting when that episode comes to the United States, seeing those places again.
    My Shinies: NEW!! 7/24 NEW!! 7/26 NEW!! 7/29
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: Black1 White1 Diamond Pearl quad hunt
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

I love Seymour wtf. GEEKLOVE. He was like...omg. XD

*reviving ep discussions with hot guys*

...Seymour. <3

*spam*

Purrrrrrr.

Blaziken master Guest

Yeah Seymour's great!One of my friends can do an excellent an excellent impression of him.

This episode was good for such an early one. It was the first episode that was kinda semi-filler (since Zubat's capture was unseen and not a major plotpoint). I kinda liked it though.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Volt Tackle Guest

I loved this episode, mostly because Clefairy was the main pokemon. It looked really cute.

it confused me this one.when did brock catch that zubat?

Weird episode, is Clefairy an alien? We'll never know...

Brock Catching Zubat was probably the only thing i thought was good in this epi. 5/10

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

I like any episode where someone catches a Pokemon, I just didn't like the idea of all Pokemon coming from space.

CLEFAIRY used METRONOME!¨
    CLEFAIRY used MEDIOCORE ATTACK THAT SAVES THE DAY!
    TEAM ROCKET fainted!
    *Screen fades to black, after that, TR are gone.."
    This one was bit weird, i agree.
    LATIAS>LATIOS, LATIAS>YOU, GOLEM>LATIAS
    I'm getting so freaking annoyed of all the LOL LOOK I CAN EDIT MT TEXtXORS freaks I am leaving for a while. don't except to see me for some time. BTW why do you even have show signatures on?

Magikarp is good.
    CLONING POKEMON OR ITEMS IS CHEATING.

This was an alright episode. They really should have brought back Seymour in Clefairy Tales instead of introducing a whole new character in Oswald. It's a shame we didn't see Brock capture Zubat, but it was cool seeing Misty battle for the first time (her sending out Goldeen in Pokemon Emergency doesn't count). Meowth inflating like a balloon is one of my favorite moments in the anime. Too bad they don't do things like that anymore. I like at the end when we get a little bit of foreshadowing when Brock says they're heading to Cerulean City and you can see Misty's depressed expression. Also, that "Gary was here, Ash is a loser" bit is funny to me for some reason.

I don't know, if we still saw Seymour there how many years later, I'd either say he was very dedicated to his research or I'd tell him to get a life. LOL

It would have been interesting to see him again, though.
    My Shinies: NEW!! 7/24 NEW!! 7/26 NEW!! 7/29
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: Black1 White1 Diamond Pearl quad hunt
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

A alright episode.

Ahhhhh, Seymour. Yes, I found him to be very hot. X3 Geek lovers definitely would love this episode just because of his appearance. Actually, it's sad that a lot of these characters that I like never come back out, then again, that's what the term 'one-shot character' is supposed to mean.

The Clefairies' ritual was interesting, I liked it when they put that sort of thing into the anime.

Brock catching the Zubat was actually something I liked. I always thought that the characters should catch more Pokemon off-screen. Who says that it still wouldn't get the job of promoting a certain Pokemon done? Though, the Zubat never did too much during the course of the series, did it?

the clefary are so cute but i dont understand why people think they are from outer space

merry christmas!

I remember reading the comic adaptation of this in Disney Adventures(one of my first exposures to Pokemon) and then later seeing the episode version. I do really like this episode. I think it was why I like Clefairy and Clefable a lot now.
    Owner of the
    Ape Escape Club
    We love new members!
    My bishie is Specter from Ape Escape!
    [Megaman Club] [Porygon Club] [Legendary Trio Club]

A good episode, I enjoyed. Congrats to Brock for catching a Zubat though I would've liked to have seen him actually catch it. Seymour is an ok guy in my opinion, rewatching this episode again after so long first thing I thought to myself when he went into his spiel "Nut Job" just nod your head yes and back away slowly. I liked seeing Clefairy in this episode and it was nice to here that Pokemon may have come from space, to bad Ash wasn't allowed to catch one. The Pikachu charades was very funny to watch. It looks like Misty is to happy about returning home guess she's having to much fun traveling with Brock and Ash either that or she doesn't want to introduce her boyfriend to her sisters yet.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I liked this one especially seymour and clefairy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast