Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Clefairy & The Moonstone! (006)

I really liked that Misty stepped up and battled Meowth using Staryu. Everyone basically had a role here which was great in my view. I thought that the Clefairy were adorable and part of me wished that someone had caught one; instead we got Brock's off-screen capture of Zubat. Sigh. The ending with Ash reading Gary's message was funny though.

I didn't like that they didn't show Brock catching a Zubat on screen, I think they should have. Also it was funny how Meowth got really fat after engulfing water from Staryu and Ash's reaction to Pokémon food was funny too. And I noticed that the Clefairy's way of praying is different than praying to a god.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJLeeTeam View Post
    I didn't like that they didn't show Brock catching a Zubat on screen
    Neither did I to be frank. I'd have rather seen him actually catch it on-screen than see that long and tedious dancing Clefairy scene near the end of the episode for instance.

I definitely liked how Mt. Moon was portrayed in this episode especially with the Clefairy dancing around the Moon stone at night. The Team rocket parts were cool too especially when Misty used Staryu. Too bad we didn't see Brock catch Zubat.

It would have been nice to see Brock catch Zubat on screen since we rarely see the sidekicks battling.

Quite disappointed that Zubat was caught off-screen. Clefairy evolving was exciting, despite that. Otherwise, a decent one.

Sugimori art used; quote from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Banner created by me
        Spoiler:- Claims:

Images from Bulbapedia, Banner from upload to Imgur

Quote Originally Posted by mr.mime64 View Post
    It would have been nice to see Brock catch Zubat on screen since we rarely see the sidekicks battling.
    Yup agreed I can only guess that time was a factor and the show's writing staff didn't have enough time to show him catching it which is a shame however. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Serena_san View Post
    Yup agreed I can only guess that time was a factor and the show's writing staff didn't have enough time to show him catching it which is a shame however. ^^;
    Well like Lorde said, there was that long Clefiary dancing scene at the end which could have been made shorter to save time for the capture of Zubat.

Quote Originally Posted by pacman000 View Post
    Watched this the other day. Better than I remember. Meowth inflating like a balloon is funny; Seymore's rhymes are annoying. Clefairy are cute. This episode has a nice magical vibe.
    Seymour's whole character felt annoying to me since his voice was grating and the Clefairy evolution scene was the only memorable part to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    Seymour's whole character felt annoying to me since his voice was grating
    Ha ha iirc Maddie Blaustein voiced Seymour the scientist and although I liked the voice, I didn't think Seymour was needed other than to explain Mt Moon's environment to Ash's group.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Ha ha iirc Maddie Blaustein voiced Seymour the scientist and although I liked the voice, I didn't think Seymour was needed other than to explain Mt Moon's environment to Ash's group.
    I didn't know who his voice actor was but this is interesting. And he also explained what the Clefairy were up to like when they used Metronome so he did have a purpose after all.

I loved Ash seeing Gary's taunt on the sign post at the end. Total episode highlight for me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234