Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The Water Flowers of Cerulean City! (007)

Thought it was interesting, that apparently even non-blood relations such as Jenny's sister-in law still appeared similar to each other. Maybe that's just a quirk of the family?

Even though he doesn't do it at the level he will do in future episodes, I think this could be the first episode where Brock hit's on a Nurse Joy/Officer Jenny.
    I found it kind of cute how Pikachu didn't want to battle against Misty.
    I found it kind of funny how Brock sort of didn't sound all that interested in Ash winning his second badge, what with the quick and almost dismissive way he said 'Cool!'
    He might as well have went "Cool story, bro!"

My top favorites

Claimed by me!

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" - Sgt. Greg Parker, SRU

I love the way Brock and Ash call to eachother at the end of the battle, as if they have been best friends for a long time. It wasn't even meant to be a joke, but it's still one of the funniest moments ever!
    Someone once told me that Misty's cameos in Advanced Generation help make it easier knowing that she is no longer a series regular. They couldn't have been more wrong. After she leaves behind Togepi she returns to her gym more alone than ever AND ON TOP OF THAT, her last cameo was in 2005. 2005!?!?!? ITS BEEN TEN YEARS SINCE ONE OF THE CAST WHO STARTED THE SHOW WAS ACTUALLY ON THE SHOW!?!?

Why do we even watch Pokemon anymore

I really enjoyed this episode. I didn't mind the so-called pity badge so much because the battle wasn't terribly interesting. I enjoyed Misty's character development, and her sisters were pretty funny. My favorite quote was "I'm not off duty until past your bedtime." after Brock asked Jenny out. Speaking of Brock, I'd sure like to know what he was really doing when he left for half the episode.

Ha ha Misty's 3 sisters seemed so ditzy but I liked their gym at least. Ash vs Misty was fun to watch especially cuz of how Pikachu didn't want to fight which allowed Pidgeotto and Butterfree to battle. I always wanted to know where Brock went tho. ^^;

The last time I remember seeing this episode, I didn't quite like Misty behaving immaturely when the group was trying to enter Cerulean City but seeing Ash and Brock being arrested was quite funny even though they didn't look like Team Rocket. But got excited when Ash got the Cascade Badge because he saved the Gym and the Gym's Water type Pokémon.

Sugimori art used; quote from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Banner created by me
        Spoiler:- Claims:

Images from Bulbapedia, Banner from upload to Imgur

I would have liked to see this episode focused on the battle instead of Team Rocket. Like Brock in the last two episodes, it feels like Misty was cheated out of a decent on screen battle. Seeing Staryu and Starmie in action was nice, despite being brief.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cipher View Post
    Speaking of Brock, I'd sure like to know what he was really doing when he left for half the episode.
    I kind of figured he probably just walked around Cerulean City the whole time or shopped lol.

Misty versus Ash deserved better & the TRio shouldn't have intervened in the end. I liked Misty's sisters and their water ballet though. 7/10

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    I kind of figured he probably just walked around Cerulean City
    He might've shopped for supplies that the group needed like pokemon food. I do wish we would have gotten info on how he spent his time away from Ash and Misty tho. ^^

My favorite scene: Jenny suspecting Ash of the crime in the beginning + TR's giant vacuum sucking the Gym's water supply.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567