Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Water Flowers of Cerulean City! (007)

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Doesn't matter. Fact was, Pikachu didn't want to do it. Ash couldn't exactly physically force it to battle, and if he did somehow intimidate Pikachu into doing so, it would have probably either lost respect for him or not put its all into the battle. No doubt Ash felt better battling with a fully willing Pidgeotto and Butterfree than a very hesitant Pikachu. I don't know what's so hard to understand about a trainer abiding by his Pokemon's wishes, even when said trainer is still a rookie, which shows that he already has his priorities straight in that respect.
    I'm just saying that Ash should have made it clear to Pikachu that he was the leader. He bowed to the will of his subordinate. I'm not saying he should have physically forced Pikachu (like he could, zap), however, he is supposed to be the team leader.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

That'd contradict completely with Satoshi's philosophy. He treats his Pokémon as his friends, not fighting machines. He's said this about a thousand times in Kanto alone. o_O

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

*Slaps forehead with hand and pulls hand down face*

I don't quite know how I'm going to explain this to you. You just don't seem to get what I'm trying to say. I'm not saying he should treat them as weapons. I'm saying he should treat them as team member and he is the Captain. He is the leader of them. As a leader, he must lead. He can't just cave to his subordinates because it shows he has bad leadership skills. Many have talked about the fact that Ash's leadership gaffes in "The Problem with Paras" caused Charmeleon to lose all respect for him.

Ash should have tried to work out this problem with Pikachu instead of just saying alright.

Ash doesn't see himself as a superior leader, he sees himself as an equal partner. If his Pokémon have problems, he's obviously gonna listen to them.

And for the record, I always believed that the whole Charmeleon thing had nothing to do with how good a trainer Ash was - it had to do with Charmeleon's hormones (but that's a discussion for another thread).

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

There's a difference between listening and just caving in (which Ash did).

It seemed that Ash totally overworked Charmander in the episode it evolved, so that may have something to do with it...or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    The people from Pokemon Rocks America are either under the same delusion as certain people on the Internet, or are taking crack. Harrison is *not* an official name. Neither is James Morgan, or Misty Waterflower.

No Main Characters were given last names, apart from Ash and Tracey in the dub. Ash's last name was most likely given to him to match the lip flaps of 'Satoshi', or something.
    They gave out a prize for whoever got it right, so that would be kind of weird if it was totally made up. I've never even heard of James "Morgan", or Misty "Waterflower" I don't know where Harrison got it's origins anyway.

Pikachu's defiance annoyed me. Would it really be willing to jeopardize it's trainer's victory for it's trainer's friend (it's friend too, I guess). but still, Ash didn't tell Pikachu to do anything horrid.
    Yeah!

The second episode I saw. It was good and introduced the multiple Jennys.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

vulpix Guest

i loved this episode so much that i just wanted to watch it nonstop.

You know, I've never really been a fan of Misty's sisters. They have more air in their combined heads than the Goodyear blimp, and they're more than a little mean to Misty. Yes, I know they're her sisters, but I think they're a bit rude. I may not be a Misty fan, but really, she's a good trainer.

It was interesting seeing Ash get to battle Misty, though. It's funny how they didn't resolve their battle until season three's "The Totodile Duel". Not only that, it's strange how Misty beat him in "Dueling Heroes", but made no mention of being even now or anything.

Of course, a big highlight is James's classic line of saying times like these make him want to go straight. And we have Brock's first hit on a woman in the series, Officer Jenny. It's strange how toned-down he is in this episode, considering the slobbering job he does in most later episodes.

Overall, not a favorite episode of mine, but at least it had a few interesting moments.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

OK, I know this thing hasn't been posted in for the longest time, but I just feel like saying this. This was the first episode I ever saw, and I remember being really confused when I watched it. Of course, Misty being a Gym Leader was no surprise for me, as I didn't know anything about her, I'd never played the games, and I didn't know what a Gym Leader was anyway. I was all "What's a badge? What's his name? Who are these weird people? Why isn't Pikachu talking? (lol, I actually was waiting for him to talk. Because of Meowth, ya know?) What does "water conducts electricity" mean?" (hey, I was about 6 or 7, OK?)

This lovely banner was made by Faerie.
    My Devaintart gallery
    Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
    trouble remembering how to fly
    Oh, and I claimed Sora from the Kingdom Hearts games in the bishie thread. ^^

the episode was ok. but i got realy confused about misty beeing a leader with her sisters and stuff and why she left.i had to watch it a few times to understand.

I like this episode, but I hate when Ash doesn't finish his gym battles.

yeh he does seem to do that quirt abit in the 1st cuple of series

Quote Originally Posted by cold_katanagirl
    It would have been WAY better if he had blasted all of Misty's pokemon away with Pikachu.
    Yeah, I guess it would've but the writers at that time didn't want to do it cause it would've been too easy for Ash, at least that my opinion. Butterfree and Pidgeotto both put up pretty good fights though in Pika's place. Too bad they didn't finish the match and Ash got rewarded the Badge but that's how he got the Boulder, Cascade, Rainbow and Marsh Badges. The episode itself was pretty good, I have it on tape. A nice intro to Misty's sisters and the battle between Ash and Misty was going well before TR interrupted it

8/10 for this episode

Ketchum
    WaterFlower
    Harrison
    Sketchit

Well we all know Tracey's name last is Sketchit. And Ash is Ketchum. My question what big deal with last name.

woah thats off topic.... n e ways this ep has great humor. *misty luring them away from cerulean because it has ghosts (makes a face) lol* when truely her sisters were the gym leaders. great plot, but i agree with everyone TR ruined the damn fight, and where was Brock? Trying to get a date lol

[No matter gay, straight or bi, lesbian, transgendered
    life, I'm on the right track baby, I was born to survive]

An Alright episode. Didnt ever figure out where Brock went. TR Screwed the epi up. Good Epi cause Butterfree got to battle

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

I just watched this on youtube...boy they don't make em like Kanto anymore *waits for DVDs box to be released.

This was perhaps one of the most charming episodes I've ever seen in the Pokemon series. Loved it. I also loved the change of Misty's sisters to airheads...it gave them character.

Speaking of which I wathced the Pokemon Chronicles Episode with Misty ...after eight years even minor characters like Daisy still had thier orignal voice :*( I'll miss the cast thats for sure. I know this was a dub only edit song...but remember when Pikachu lands in Daisy's hands, and it plays this weird song...well they had the same in Chronocles when Sakura beat Misty. I thought that was neat as thats the only time that insert has been played.

LOVED THIS EPISODE!!

I saw it again yesterday Spanish dubbed. This was a funny and cool episode. the way Butterfree got slapped.
    And I came for fun..

Yeah I'm waiting for a box DVD set too. (But I'd prefer it in Japanese) What I don't like is how when I watch TV the Hoenn Johto Orange Islands and Kanto eps all get mixed together. Sometimes I feel like watching a Kanto episode and instead an Orange Islands episode is on. The worst thing is when they cut (shorten) the theme song.
    Er-hem!...Congradulations, Ash, you and your pokemon are hall of famers!"

A OK episode. I didn't like how Misty's sisters was just going to give Ash the Badge! Come on, their suppose to be Gym Leaders!

A OK episode. I didn't like how Misty's sisters was just going to give Ash the Badge! Come on, their suppose to be Gym Leaders!

use the edit button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Quote Originally Posted by pokemaster95 View Post
    use the edit button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Pfft. You should talk.

Anyway, this episode is okay. I initially anticipated that this episode would be exciting and have a huge match between Ash and Misty. Instead it got interrupted by Team Rocket, thus Ash was given a badge just for saving the Pokemon. It's probably my least favorite Gym episode in the Kanto series.

finally misty overcome the fear of seeing her sisters...i like it

merry christmas!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast