Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primeape Goes Bananas (025)

Default Primeape Goes Bananas (025)

Primeape Goes Bananas!

When a Wild Mankey steals Ash's hat, Ash gets angry. He decides to try his hardest to get the hat back...but things get worse when the Mankey evolves into a Primeape, Ash must face a prospect he doesnt like. Can he get his hat back or will he have to go around hatless?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Ryuu Guest

Hehe, the episode where Ash caught Primeape.

I remember all the trouble he had getting his hat back, and Mankey evolved and didn't stop chasing him. Then Charmander burnt Primeape and Ash caught it.

Ah yes...the infamous "jelly donut" episode. It really bugged me that they hammered it in so much by stretching Brock's line like that. And they're still doing it - is it like a running gag? Does 4Kids find it funny somehow?

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Actually; they've been calling them 'rice balls' recently, and it looks like One Piece is picking up where they left off on the cover-ups. This is one of the first episodes I ever saw; so this is a memorable eppie in a way. Mankey was pretty cute before Ash p!ssed it off; didn't he learn from the experience with the flock of Spearow?! ...Apparently not. And I don't think James learned from the Magikarp incident either; as he kicked the poor little Mankey, which as we all know led to its evolution. Charmander ruled here; as it learned Rage, and made a comeback in kicking Primeape's ŕss! How do you like your pig-monkeys: Rare, Medium, or Well Done? Well; joking aside, I give this episode a 8/10! Too bad Primeape didn't stay on Ash's team for long...

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Ahh yes, this is one of my favorite episodes. The whole thing is pretty cool, aside from the 'doughnuts'. Primeape is one of my favorite pokémon and Ash's had such an original personality. It was even meaner than Charizard when it disobeyed him. I think the writers forgot about this episode when they had Ash get a new hat for AG. His old hat was really important to him and then he just forgets it and has a new one.O_o Anyway, I really liked when Ash is trying to catch Primeape and he finally has to use Charmander. Right when he's getting the crap beat out of him, he starts to use rage and really turns the battle around, eventually defeating Primeape. It was just too cool, I really like that battle music too, it's probably my favorite battle music from the show. The ending was also really cool, they all come out onto the cliff and see Celadon City down in the valley and again, that music is really good. TR is really funny at the end too, getting attacked by all the Primeape, too bad they had to ruin it by bringing up the 'doughnuts' again. Overall, this was a really good episode, I enjoy it a lot and it will always be one of my favorites.
    Last edited by Heracross; 13th November 2004 at 3:16 PM.
    ~

Hales Guest

I thought the doughnuts was funny, but then again it doesn't take much to amuse me.

In regards to Ash and his other hat: he probably hasn't forgotten it, but he knows his hats safe in Pallet so he won't be too worried about it

I have to admit Primeape was mean but it was also really funny.

Pandemonium Guest

I can't believe you people haven't mentioned the best part of the episode: When Jessie gets punched by Primeape and goes right through at least three rocks! X D Best. Part. In. Any. Episode. Ever. The whole episode was hilarious with Ash trying to capture Primeape and get his hat back. Charmander kicking *** didn't hurt the episode either. I think the "Rice ball/Doughnut" thing is pretty funny. I imagine they thought Rice balls weren't very appetizing and changed it to Donuts.

Mistystar89 Guest

I loved this episode! It was so funny XD Remember the part when Brock has a theory and tries to reason to Primeape? Then he gets knocked out. XDD All the parts you guys mentioned were funny too! ^________^

So funny! I love it! I miss Primeape!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Robert Guest

Thumbs up

This was one of the best episodes ever... We see the origin of Ash's hat, great action, and we finally see Ash actually catch Pokemon rather than make friends with one and leave. Plus, there were lots of funny scenes that I can still remember from five years back... ("I sent in a million post cards to get that hat!" barks Ash. "No wonder I lost, I only sent in one!" replies Misty.)

The doughnut thing didn't bother me when I was a wee one, but it's rather glaring now... Brock's eventually going to hold those up and say, "Who wants pizza?"

It may just be me, but did anyone else notice that Primeape seemed to be laughing while he beat Team Rocket up? Now Jessie really should have known better than to have asked where he'd gone, wasn't it obvious?

Yeah, but since they were in the hole the entire time Satoshi was battling it, they wouldn't have seen him capture it.
    ~

I miss primeape,too. The guy said that he would give him back,but has he?Nooooo.........

Charizard and Blastoise looked downright weird wearing that hat. I have to say, Ash's love for the hat was almost......disturbing. I wear a hat usually too, but I doubt I'd ever be that protective of it. Hehe, Ash doesn't even get to rest while being chased by the big bad ape.
    Also, I found it odd that Misty would want a hat. I can't see her in one O.o.

Overall rating:
    9.0 out of 10!!!
    Quite a funny episode, and it was a nice catching episode too. Rage's debut as well, IIRC.

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Quote Originally Posted by Sheer Cold
    Charizard and Blastoise looked downright weird wearing that hat. I have to say, Ash's love for the hat was almost......disturbing. I wear a hat usually too, but I doubt I'd ever be that protective of it. Hehe, Ash doesn't even get to rest while being chased by the big bad ape.
    Also, I found it odd that Misty would want a hat. I can't see her in one O.o.

Overall rating:
    9.0 out of 10!!!
    Quite a funny episode, and it was a nice catching episode too. Rage's debut as well, IIRC.

SC~ out
    I agree with that! A very nice episode! I liked it! Primeape is such a firce pokemon!

Intimidator Guest

Primeape lays teh smackdown on TR, then James says "I wish we had some donuts!" I love it.

SceptileDyamo Guest

I have this episode on Video I love it it is verry funny
    Brock- Donut!! I choose you!!
    Primape- *Enraged*
    Brock- Whell....That didn't work...
    LOL!!

JoHn_C Guest

Brock was funny on this one. When he got Trash by Primeape and the part where Brock threw a Donut on Primeape. Also the funny part was when Primeape did that Funny Face

Kazaana Guest

I too enjoyed this episode very much. IMO, the three episodes before this one, this, and the one after are some of the best episodes ever made.

This episode had too many funny things to name. The whole hat thing was just great. XD

And the 'doughnut' thing was really annoying. =/ Just how many different things have those been called now? -_-

Let's see, they've been called doughnuts, eclairs, sandwiches, popcorn balls, rice balls... I think that's it. Pretty sad really. Especially since they have acknowledged that they're rice balls before and then gone and called them something else again in later episodes.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Let's see, they've been called doughnuts, eclairs, sandwiches, popcorn balls, rice balls... I think that's it.
    Oh no, thats not all. They also called one an onion if I recall correctly.
    Because ALL Onions are partially flat, triangular and have a piece of seaweed attatched.

I thought Primeape would chase anyone who looked at it in the eyes, but it just seemed to laugh at Ash and the others once he had Ashs' hat again when Pikachu couldn't help but look, didn't he? Almost as if the Mankey part of him was making fun of these stupid humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Oh no, thats not all. They also called one an onion if I recall correctly.
    Because ALL Onions are partially flat, triangular and have a piece of seaweed attatched.
    Ah, I forgot about that. Though I took it to mean that they contained onions, not that they were onions themselves.
    ~

Team Rocket Admin is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

I loved this episode especially Charmander kicking Priemape's ***. 10/10.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Yay, Primeape, my favorite fighting pokemon. I don't know exactly why I like Primeape, but it's probably because it's so mischievous and I love its voice. It's too bad Ash had Primeape for such a brief period of time. Maybe if he'd stayed longer, maybe Ash could have gotten some ideas on how to tame Charizard sooner, since Primeape was very wild and Ash turned him around in his very next appearance. It's also funny in retrospect how Ash goes on about his stolen hat in this episode, and he's not even wearing it anymore.

I also liked the cute bits in this episode, like mankey putting the rice ball/donut in the pokeball, Brock saying "Pokeball go" and correcting himself before he tossed the rice ball/donut, and mankey imitating Ash's throw. It was also funny when Brock was launched into the sky by Primeape.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast