Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bulbasaur & The Hidden Village (010)

I was really glad that Bulbasaur didnt become an Ivysaur, because it's just as fine as a Bulbasaur. Though, I did learn one thing about this episode, Pokemon will evolve when they want to or not. That's what I learned all the way back in 1999

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I can't understand why Misty would want to catch an Oddish.

She's a water Pokemon trainer and Oddish is a Grass type.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

This was one of my favorite Kanto episodes.
    I loved that Bulbasaur wanted to protect the other Pokemon.
    But I don't get why Misty wanted Oddish though.
    It was nice that Ash caught his 3rd Pokemon and had 4.
    I'm glad Ash caught bulbasaur it's all cute and cuddly but tough as well!
    This episode made perfect sense to me.
    Team rocket was funny with the sucking vacuum.
    The lady that took care of the Pokemon that were sick was really nice.
    I don't get the point of the name of the dub episode though.
    Actually this is my favorite episode of all Pokemon episodes.
    Two thumbs and 5/5 for a rating.
    I really enjoy episodes where someone in the gang catches a Pokemon.
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

This was the first episode I ever saw, so there's no wonder why I got hooked! That Bulbasaur is both super powerful and extra caring, a very rare combination of traits in real life and fiction.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Bulbasaur, Bulbasaur, Bulbasaur <3
    I loved this episode. The booby traps were hilarious & it was kind of ironic that Misty wanted to catch Oddish. I wish she would've...I think it would've been cool [she could've ended up with Bellossom]. I love Bulbasaur's protective & peaceful personality, it really cares about it's friends. I'm glad Ash caught Bulbasaur & i'm sooo glad it never evolved.

I give this episode a:
    8.7/10
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2gsg6iq.png[/IMG]

I think the battle between Pikachu and Bulbasaur was little rushed.
    And it was great when Bulbasaur saved the poor pokemon in the forest...
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Pretty good to see Bulbasaur help out those Pokemon. It sure was scary though, too agressive.

I loved that Ash and Co. just stumbled upon the Hidden Village on accident. I liked that the COTD looked after abandoned Pokemon like Mr.Fuji in the games.

Great battle to catch Bulbasaur, 10/10

This was such a great episode. I always loved Ash's Bulbasaur and this episode shows you just how brave and kind it is, I was so happy that Ash caught him. Classic episode.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Pretty good to see Bulbasaur help out those Pokemon. It sure was scary though, too agressive.

I loved that Ash and Co. just stumbled upon the Hidden Village on accident. I liked that the COTD looked after abandoned Pokemon like Mr.Fuji in the games.

Great battle to catch Bulbasaur, 10/10
    Too aggressive?! I loved Kanto because each and every single one of Ash's pokemon had character. I was surprised that misty would want to catch an oddish. Too bad she didn't get it.

On a side note, The 4th KIRA, I don't quite understand your scoring guide ._.

Seeing a Grass type starter protecting many pokemon is always good. It's cool that there are pokemon so kind like Ash's Bulbasaur.

1 of my favorite Kanto episodes! Loved the part where he fought and captured Bulbasaur! Too bad he didn't capture oddish.

75/100

I liked Misty's interaction with Oddish, I thought it was very cute. ^__^
    But, it was a bit weird to see a water-type trainer obsessing over a grass-type.

I liked how starry-eyed Ash was when he first saw Bulbasaur, it's like he was a major fan boy. Bulbasaur itself seemed mean at first, but I'm glad it came around and decided to go with the group.

This just so happens to be one of my all-time favorite Kanto oriented episodes. I loved everything about it, especially the part with the bridge before they wound up at the Hidden Village. I am so glad that I own it on VHS Cassette, but it's too bad I can't watch it on TV anymore because my VCR no longer works.

Awesome banner by dahrue

Another favorite show! I was hoping Bulbasaur would evolve as I really like Ivysaur. But I enjoyed this episode a bunch because Bulbasaur is my favorite starter Pokemon. Hoping that Boomerang would show it once again, though.
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

Another brilliant episode. I loved Bulbasaur. I am really pleased that Ash caught it,the Oddish was cute too.

This was a great episode. If I remember correctly, I've finally reached the
        Spoiler:- Plot Spoiler:

Bulbasaur, Brock, and TR made this episode very enjoyable.

This is my least favorite of the starter capture episodes. I liked the baseball references that Team Rocket was using in the episode but that's as far as it goes. Bulbasaur's mean streak would've been an interesting thing to keep for a few episodes but I guess that's what Charmeleon and Charizard were there for.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I loved this episode. Bulbasaur was great and it was nice to see how it was protecting other Pokemon within it's community. It's also nice to introduce characters who help the weaker Pokemon. And lol the bridge getting Team Rocket.
    It was sort of bad and funny how Bulbasaur attacks Misty. o: And lol Team Rocket failing yet again. I didn't really like how Bulbasaur was basically just given to Ash though.

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/24ni8gz.png[/IMG]
    Dracaena - Giovanni Rank

0647 - 8370 - 0522

OSL GYM LEADER # 8 - FLYING

I personally liked this episode a decent capture equals decent episode.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    "Diancie is a good Pokemon because it can take a Water Pulse from Siebold's Clawitzer, so everyone stop whining about it." Some casual player on Miiverse 2014.

Although again Ash gets it a bit easy as the lady sort of tells Bulbasaur to go with him, it's nice to see that he does actually battle and defeat it first. I liked the general concept of this episode, I guess you would find these kind of people looking after ill Pokémon in the Pokémon world. Oddish is such a little cutie pie!

xxx

I liked Misty's derp face when she was hounding Brock about liking the girl in this episode XD I was watching it yesterday, and.... lol... just great XD "Did ya seal the promise with a kisss? -OW-"
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanka View Post
    I didn't really like how Bulbasaur was basically just given to Ash though.
    Bulbasaur wasn't given to Ash. He battled it.

Cool episode, and really funny! Especially Ash's pirate fantasies! Cool that Bulbasaur was not just given, but that Ash had to battle for it. 10/10.

I don't have any trouble with Melanie's voice.

I really don't like Oddish in game but it was pretty cute in the anime. I really wish Misty would've caught it.

Recently watched this episode, it was great. Especially after Team Rocket falling into a pit trap and getting scooped up in a tree. Great to see Ash catching a Bulbasaur.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast