Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bulbasaur & The Hidden Village (010)

Great episode debut for Bulbsaur, although it was a bit grouchy towards Ash and co.

Since when have houses been called villages? Anyway, this wasn't too bad episode. This one has a scene in the intro (Which is totally flippin' sweet & awesome), so i think it's worth noting. The same house was in Yellow too (Even though it wasn't so "secret" anymore, hence it being in middle of a city)
    LATIAS>LATIOS, LATIAS>YOU, GOLEM>LATIAS
    I'm getting so freaking annoyed of all the LOL LOOK I CAN EDIT MT TEXtXORS freaks I am leaving for a while. don't except to see me for some time. BTW why do you even have show signatures on?

Magikarp is good.
    CLONING POKEMON OR ITEMS IS CHEATING.

This episode was good, Ash has one active imagination LOL I loved how imagined Brock getting captured by pirates LOL I laughed so hard at that so hard. I also loved how Team Rocket fell for there own traps, its a good episode.

Good episode. Bulbasaur is cool.

I have the episode on VHS and watched it the other day!

Ha. It was funny when Ash started going on about how Brock was swept out into the sea.

I also liked it when Team Rocket fell for the traps too.

Has Meowth gotten a different voice actor since then? He sounds very different compaired to current episodes.

To answer Turtloopa's question, I believe that they referred to it as a village in the sense that several Pokemon inhabited that particular house/area. At least, that's my take on it.

Anyway, this is my favorite of the 'Ash catches a starter' episodes. It was odd to see Misty immediately want to catch an Oddish, even though she is a [I]Water[I] type trainer. Heh, oh well. I also liked the way this episode had Brock crush on Melanie. In fact, Melanie is probably my favorite girl for him. It felt so much more natural than all his other girl crazy moments in the later episodes. Misty's teasing of him also seemed much better than the ear pulling that I would find annoying in the near future (in those days).

Bulbasaur had the interesting role of being the protector and it was deadset against Ash intruding in its friends' peaceful life in the forest.

So, this is another of the more entertaining episodes of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by POKErUsAm View Post
    Has Meowth gotten a different voice actor since then? He sounds very different compaired to current episodes.
    Yes, another voice actor played the role of Meowth for the first 20-30 episodes before Maddie Blaustein took over. For more details, check out the Ask Maddie Blaustein thread on the main anime discussion page.
    My Shinies: NEW!! 4/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:

bullbasaur its so strong im hapy he catch it

merry christmas!

An excellent episode, great that Ash caught Bulbasaur who will become one of his strongest Pokemon. Melanie is very cute I like her and I thought her VA fit very well in this episode. I like watching Brock in this episode since he's not coming onto women like he usually does in fact he's more embarrassed about it especially when Misty is teasing him. I think Misty catching an Oddish would have been interesting, even though she's a Water Pokemon trainer she has made it known that she is willing to catch cute Pokemon. Hey this is the first episode in which Eric Stuart takes over for voicing for James and I think he did it very well, also I liked seeing Meowth walk on all fours like a regular cat, I think this is one of the few episode he does it.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I loved everything about this episode except that Misty couldn't catch Oddish. I thought that they would have been a good pair.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

This was the first one I saw. Oh the memories
    (template from Jerkfighter)

The only problem I have with this, is it starts the whole "The pokemon chooses to go with ash" instead of him catching the pokemon.
    It happens here with Bulbasaur, then with Squirtle and finally with Charmander, in back to back to back episodes.

i saw this one on fox kids when i was around the age of 11, that was a while back.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

Good episode, I just dislike how it signified the end of the era of Butterfree & Pidgeotto ever battling again. =/
    Quite.

ah yes this was my favourite episode because Ash caught MY favourite pokemon it was very very amusing and the first season was always MY favourite season
    Looking for many battles trying to become better
    Pearl FC: 3523-0838-4720 name Mitch;
    Platnum FC: 5327 7749 8950

your challenges are accepted
    Brawl FC: 0001 4890 9350
    Team Neo-Knight ready to rescue

Vist Shadow Tepi 8's page

I made this myself
    *Claimed the Black Knight
    Claimed Chimchar

No doubt about it, this is a classic.

Bulbasaur was a strong, confident Pokemon (with a touch of arrogance), yet he was caring and capable of resolving conflicts in a matter of seconds. Heck, we've even got Pokemon mimicking him to this day (read: Turtwig). And Melanie, she was great too. An awesome companion for Bulbasaur, who created perfect harmony between him and Ash.

Glad to see him as part of Ash's team. Bulba-saur!
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I loved this episode (as well as the squirtle and charmander ones) they are classics and i loved the story.
    HeartGold

This episode was alright. It was a nice start to the three episodes where Ash captures the starter Pokemon. I would've like it more if Misty had caught Oddish, though...Oh, well. That would completely ruin the fact that she's a water Pokemon trainer, seeing as grass types are super effective against water types.

Bulbasaur was an important and useful addition to Ash's team, and this episode was a very good debut of it.

yea even though i think the chamander capture was the best this was still good
    wanna brawl?

-Charizard is the greatest pokemon.
    BOW DOWN BEFORE HIM!

Good episode.

I like that kind of pokemon arrogance. (bulbasaure)

I think the Tornado didn't make sense. The sucking the vacuum was doing and Pidgeotto's gust were both going in the same direction. Meh oh well. Was still a good scene. I don't like Bulbasaur that much though.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

I love Bulbasaur, and i think it was great that it decided to join Ash.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

The best Episode from the 1st season, Bulbasaur is my fave 1st gen Grass Pokemon..great epi!
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I like this ep ^^. It was cool when u saw that bulbasaur protect oddish XD

This episode is worth watching, since Ash and the Gang, including Team Rocket, falls down in said traps in the Hidden Village. I loved the way how they whined and complained about it. It goes to show you that Team Rocket hates those who imitate him since they love digging holes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast