Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Charmander, the Stray Pokémon (011)

Default Charmander, the Stray Pokémon (011)

Charmander, The Stray Pokémon!

While travelling, Ash & co. find a stray Charmander left ona rock awaiting its trainer. They go about their business until they find out about how it's trainer left it there and doesnt intend to get it back. However it starts torrential raining and the Charmander gets sick. Can Ash save it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This is one of my favorite eppies in the first season. Charmander got one of the cutest voices in the dub; and the fact that I love the Char line doesn't hurt either. Damian really came off as a sleazy baka who didn't care for his Pokémon at all; only cared for winning battles. And this is the first of many TR shockproof items...they're getting smarter! 9/10; Ash now has the Pokémon which will be the strongest on his roster in the future!^_^

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

I would have told Joy to bug off and put that jerk in his place. There's nothing dishonorable in striking down a terrible trainer because he abuses his Pokemon.

I'm glad they gave him Damian double dish-out in the end, he deserved it all.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

after viewing this episode... and "What you seed is what you get" after it, I've realized just how many differences the Indigo seasons and the Advanced seasons really are...

the voices are all so different, the animation and music is very different as well, these episodes had more somber music peaces and so so many other things... they're almost like completely different anime o_O

the indigo music sounded more campy and the advanced music sounded more technoiy

plus the characters acted differently to, Misty was much more likeable, Brock only blushed a little bit instead of going all out goofy like he does nowadays

it's almost surreal
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Robert Guest

Thumbs up

This was also a memorable episode, as it was funny, creative, and Ash got a Charmander.

Ryuu Guest

I wish Damian could be featured another time...

This was a good episode, I think this was Ash's first Kanto starter. Poor Charmander...Damian was so evil. x.x Abandoning him in the rain...what's worse, the jerk wanted him back when he saw Charmander's powerful Flamethrower. XP

DAMIAN! *explodes*

In my opinion, Damian was the only decent point about this episode. Well, apart from Jessie and James 'dancing' while reciting the motto that is. So, okay, him being there wasn't the only good point of the episode.

Anyway, my favourite scene in this episode is Brock getting p*ssed with Damian. I mean, you could really see the tension between the two. 'Course, it found it funny that Misty and Ash tried to butt in, when it was Brock's fight.

meggirl63 Guest

I thought that Damien WAS A COMPLETE JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ironically, in the Ono's manga, Damian is just the opposite: Kind, sweet, caring etc.
    I find that funny somehow. Yea they should have him reappear and have his ***/ kicked again. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuu
    I wish Damian could be featured another time...

This was a good episode, I think this was Ash's first Kanto starter. Poor Charmander...Damian was so evil. x.x Abandoning him in the rain...what's worse, the jerk wanted him back when he saw Charmander's powerful Flamethrower. XP
    Actually that would be Bulbasaur
    10 Bulbasaur
    11 Charmander
    12 Squirtle

meggirl63 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by That Scary Clefairy
    Ironically, in the Ono's manga, Damian is just the opposite: Kind, sweet, caring etc.
    I find that funny somehow. Yea they should have him reappear and have his ***/ kicked again. lol
    I never knew that Damien was nicer in the manga.

Damian? NICE!?!? *Overloads*
    Also, this is the second of the Three-Consecutive-Catches. Blech. We need a break between the three Starters.........
    I hated Damian, not as in him being boring, but being evil. I can't believe he left Charmander to die. And Charmander, I can't believe how dedictaed it was. Even through the rain, it stayed there, waiting for its Trainer. I'd find that touching if Damian wasn't such a jerk. The electric proof bubble was one of TR's best inventions, and they should use it again. Plus, Damian getting pwned was excellent(and I was surprised to see he had that many Poké Balls/mon. He must be good at catching, somehow).

Overall rating:
    8.8 out of 10!!
    A really touching episode, and I think I may have cried at one point.

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Dameon - I like his voice, but I don't like his attitude.

The TR machine was cool.

I would of KO'd Damien, what a loser.

Charmander was such a devoted Pokemon. I felt sorry for it.

Sometimes I don't even think that the Charizard Ash uses to annihilate with is this Charmander.

I thought I'd have more to say, but I guess I don't.

9.9/10, I love these three episodes (Bulb, Char, Squirt)

Oh yeah, Damian wears pink! Hahaha!
    Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Venusaur
    Sometimes I don't even think that the Charizard Ash uses to annihilate with is this Charmander.
    Yeah, I can't watch Charmander now without thinking, "whatever happened to that little guy, he seemed to disappear when Ash got Charizard." Then i realise.
    Last edited by ChaosMage; 11th September 2005 at 11:58 PM.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    Yeah, I can't watch Charmandern now without thinking, "whatever happened to that little guy, he seemed to disappear when Ash got Charizard." Then i realise.
    I know... it's almost as if you can regard them as completely different characters :\
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Teehee. Damien is so cool.

One of the best character-of-the-day appearances ever. He'd look good with Dario. XD

I thought he was awesome. And since I hate Charmander, I love him even more for leaving it to die. >D

He needs to come back. With Dario. And kiss him.

Well.....I'd just settle for him coming back. XD

Purrrrrrr.

^I am offically freaked out.

I hated personally hated Damien and wanted to give him a good punch in the mouth. They were good at creating a character you just can;t' help but get annoyed with and 4Kids was smart enough to find an annoying voice actor for him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    ^I am offically freaked out.

I hated personally hated Damien and wanted to give him a good punch in the mouth. They were good at creating a character you just can;t' help but get annoyed with and 4Kids was smart enough to find an annoying voice actor for him.
    ^I am offically annoyed.

I personally loved Damien and wanted to give him a good ol' pat of the back for being so awesome. They were good at creating a character that you just couldn't hate, and I can't help but feel love for 4Kids for being smart enough to find a great voice actor for him.

Maddie-sama, or rather, Madeline-sama, is an awesome and interested VA. She's great at doing characters with accents. As for Damien and Dario... JerkOffshipping. Look in the Minor Character shipping thread for an explantion! XD

XDD YEY FOR JERKOFFSHIPPING. And if Ponytailshipping isn't taken I'd like to steal that for Dario x Vito....

But that's not the point. XD

He's so lovable. And no matter WHO follows me around solely to disagree with me, I still love him. XD

AND THE PINK! Gawd, Damien x Mandy should be Pinkshipping. Or HotPinkshipping. Or OMGLet'sMakeAlfonsoGoNutsshipping. XD

Purrrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    ^I am offically annoyed.

I personally loved Damien and wanted to give him a good ol' pat of the back for being so awesome. They were good at creating a character that you just couldn't hate, and I can't help but feel love for 4Kids for being smart enough to find a great voice actor for him.
    You enjoy disagreeing with me, don't you?
    *points north*
    That's north.

This would have to be one of my favorite episodes, because Ash gets Charmander. I LOVE CHARMANDER!!! Chamander does infact have a cute voice. He's been my favorite since I got into Pokemon. I felt so bad that he was abandoned. I'm glad that Damien got what he deserved in the end. *does a happy dance* Go Charmander!

.....I wish I had a Charmander.....

[center]

XD

=^_^=
    PSN: iluvwobbuffet
    Twin: Darato [<3]

You enjoy disagreeing with me, don't you?
    *points north*
    That's north.
    Indeed. But, of course, simply disagreeing with someone isn't good enough. I try to add a little spice into my disagreeing posts by throwing in a few subtle jokes, or, in this case, pretty much taking your entire post and changing a few words to make a new one. One of my best, if I do say so myself.

Really, is that north? Let me show you south. *kicks in a southernly direction* That's south.

Oh, and to prevent this from simply being an Off-Topic post... I wonder what Pokemon Damien has. I always imagined him with Pokemon like... Sandshrew, Spearow and Ekans. Vicious Pokemon.

That's your best? XD

Oh yeah, you've also agreed that I was pointing north.

I don't know but he seemed to have way more than six.

That's your best? XD

Oh yeah, you've also agreed that I was pointing north.

I don't know but he seemed to have way more than six.
    I don't see you coming out with anything better. At least I do what I do with style and a little imagination. Think of it this way: I'm Houen and you're Kanto. I have the better animation, episodes, storyline, characters and Gym Battles. What does Kanto have? The *s******* 'classic' Ash and Misty fights?

As for him having more than six... it's obvious he's not an 'Official' Pokemon trainer. He's most likely able to carry so much because he's not registered with the Leauge. (Rather like, say... Poncho. But I'm guessing Poncho had a Special License to have all those Diglett.)

Hoenn had Brawly. End of story, Hoenn is better. XD

I bet Damien would have a Primeape or something, it seems to fit him. Or Houndoom or Gengar. OR MACHAMP. *shot*

.......*gives him Rayquaza and runs like hell*

Purrrrrrr.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast