Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Charmander, the Stray Pokémon (011)

I will never understand why Brock didn't get Charmander. It was clear that Brock was worried about it the most. It was so lame that in the end Brock was like, "No, you get it, Ash." I get they wanted Ash to get all of the starters, but it seemed more like it was Ash, once again, not working to get something, which is a common thing in Kanto.

I agree. I'm rewatching the first series and it bothers me how many times Ash gets something without really earning it, likes Pokemon and badges. I would have rather seen Brock get Charmander and Ash actually capture more of his own Pokemon.
    HeartGold FC: 5199 5555 6743

Quote Originally Posted by Kyukon_Mars View Post
    I agree. I'm rewatching the first series and it bothers me how many times Ash gets something without really earning it, likes Pokemon and badges. I would have rather seen Brock get Charmander and Ash actually capture more of his own Pokemon.
    I'm also doing a re-watch, or plan to, I may get bored and stop, but he really does. Like, both his badges were bascially given to him. Bulbasaur and Charmander were both given to him. This episode was clearly a Brock episode and a lot of focus went to Brock and his feeling towards Damien and in the end Brock just hands Charmander over to Ash because he didn't let the fire in it's tail go out? It was so stupid.

It's episode like this that make me glad that Ash no longer gets all of the starters. If this were Hoenn or Sinnoh, Brock would have caught Charmander.

One of my all-time favourite episodes of Pokemon. A quite serious episode with dark tones. I hated that Damian kid so much in this one, he showed us an evil side of being a Pokemon Trainer, which is to only keep strong Pokemon and leaving the weak ones on purpose. I felt the tone of Charmander actually being able to die in this one was maybe a little too dark for Pokemon, with its flame tail getting weaker and the bird Pokemon attacking it. Nevertheless, it was great to see Ash, Brock, and Misty fighting back to try and save Charmander, whilst Brock loses his temper after finding out Damian deliberately abandoned Charmander. Of course, Team Rocket tries to capture Pikachu as usual, but fail because of Charmander, but overall, this episode was well plotted, although not too many jokes, but I really liked how this one was an all good-rounder in terms of a Pokemon introduction episode. I'll give this episode a 10 out of 10.

1 of my favorite Pokemon episodes in the Kanto region! Was great to see Charmander use flamethrower to send Damien away. lol @ the gang thinking it was a giant pokemon when they 1st saw Charmander on the stump. Really liked seeing them save Charmander just in time.

89/100

Charmander was my favourite Pokemon back when this episode came out, so the way that Damien treated it always made me angry and a little upset.

I remember being very worried when it came to the part where Charmander was left out in the rain. I was really worried that its fire would go out and that it would die. ;__;
    So I was very glad when they rescued it. ^__^

I liked the ending of this episode very much. It was nice to see Charmander going with a trainer that would treat it well. ^^

Ahh nostalgia. I remember the scene when Ash was keeping Charmander's flame alive. The rainy days and the dark atmosphere made me feel scared for Char.
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

One of the best episode's ever. I remember when the gang was shouting at Damien. I felt so sorry for Charmander. I'm glad he flamethrowered Damien and join Ash he is so cute 10/10

They said "die" twice. Wow.

Touching episode. Charmander was one of my favorites in Kanto.

Quote Originally Posted by Manene! View Post
    I will never understand why Brock didn't get Charmander. It was clear that Brock was worried about it the most. It was so lame that in the end Brock was like, "No, you get it, Ash." I get they wanted Ash to get all of the starters, but it seemed more like it was Ash, once again, not working to get something, which is a common thing in Kanto.
    I know I'm quoting an old comment, but I agree completely. This was probably the only thing I didn't like about this episode.

Otherwise, it was great! These three episodes where
        Spoiler:- Plot Spoiler:
    are some of my favorites.

A great episode
    I would kick Damian in the balls then thown hima tank of Sharpedos then if hes alive i would make a pokemon use Toxic on him while i pee in his mouth watching him slowly die

All animal killers(unless attack or insects) deserves this.
    Team X:

Brock not getting the Charamander was such a sad thing. Then again he probably wouldn't have done anything with it anyway. As for the episode, I didn't like it very much. Not because the random trainer was dick to Charamander or anything but it wasn't that entertaining for me. There weren't many funny moments and there wasn't a lot of battling in it. I never connected to Charmander so I can honestly say that I didn't feel sorry for it.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

It would have been interesting to see if Charmander would have still been disobedient after evolving if Brock got him instead.

This episode was so sad. How cruel to abandon the poor charmander D=

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

This episode was really sad. Dx And that poor Charmander, so cute yet neglected. =(
    It was really sad seeing Charmander in the rain with the umbrella covering it's tail. :c It's almost like in real life when animals get really loyal to their owners and then are always let down. ;~;
    Nice to see the 3 guys coming to the rescue and saving Charmanders life. This is probably the best way Ash has recieved a Pokemon so far. It was actually deserving. Although in a way I'd say Brock should have taken the Charmander. D= He seemed more concerned.
    That thing that Pikachu was trapped in actually looked like a lot of fun. o:

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/24ni8gz.png[/IMG]
    Dracaena - Giovanni Rank

0647 - 8370 - 0522

OSL GYM LEADER # 8 - FLYING

This is was the first episode of Pokemon I ever saw....... And I still love it to this day.
    I loved that little Charmander and I really loved it when it evolved. I loved how it never obeyed Ash again. But I agree with everyone else, I felt Brock should have got him. I don't like how Ash mostly get all the starters every season.
    <.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.>
    "I can't back down when they show me no respect." - Kankuro

It is annoying how Ash comes across as so cocky at times, yet he hasn't earnt hardly anything of what he has. I agree with all who say that Brock would have actually deserved Charmander as a part of his team. Brock was the most concerned and it really didn't make sense when Ash got Charmander. But as it's already been said, it's just so that he could have all of the Kanto starter Pokémon.
    Apart from Ash getting lucky again, I liked the general concept of this episode. It brings awareness that there are many neglecting and irresponsible people out there.

xxx

Why are people saying Brock deserved Charmander more than Ash? If Charmander went with Brock he probably would have died for real.......slowly rotting inside it's pokeball......

And besides, if that happened, Ash wouldn't have Charizard.

I just like the episode because Ash caught Charmander. I don't care about sad episodes. They're kind of lame IMO. 7/10

Damian was a Paul-like jerk. If I'd be Brock, I would've killed him! XD His voice, especially in the Dutch dub was really fitting. Charmander on that rock was so sad... Damian coming back purely because Charmander defeated Team Rocket was really opportunistic and mean... Sad but awesome episode, 10/10, pure Kanto gold.

At one side, Brock deserved Charmander. At the other side, Ash having Charizard is awesome, so after all, it's good that Ash got Charmander.

I like this episode, Brock is so nice worried for Charmander he should have kept it, I LOVE the scene where Ash & Misty sleep in the same couch.

Ah, this episode. The episode with that controversial character of the day and the origins of the "Powerhouse" of Ash's entire collection of caught Pokémon. Damian was pretty good in fulfilling the role as the antagonist of this episode and that made it just the more interesting to watch. Also, I love the different personality of Charmander that was totally the opposite to the later machismo of the evolutionary forms (Those were hilarious and cool too).

I really loved this episode. Brock did the right thing buy standing up for Charmander in the Pokemon Center against that loser Damien. Damien made me so mad as a kid. I hated on how he promised to go back for Charmander, but never did. Talk about a liar. I was very happy that Charmander finally had enough and started to flame his butt. I am glad that Ash got the Charmander, but I always felt that Brock could of had it.

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

This episode was great. Too bad it was rehashed twice. At least this time Damian didn't turn out to be right in the end for some dumb reason like Samurai and AJ did.
    Last edited by WhyHelloThere; 1st October 2012 at 11:20 PM.

This episode pretty much tells us what to do and what not to do as a Pokemon trainer. You should always have faith in your Pokemon.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

It would have been nice to see Damian in the Kanto league so Ash could sweep his team. But that's alright. Poor Damian. "That worthless Charminduh" probably gave him third degree burns.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast