Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Charmander, the Stray Pokémon (011)

Good Epi. I loved it cause i loved Charmander at the time. Damien was a prick. Anyway good epi 7/10

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

Didn't anyone find it weird how Ash was like cuddling the charmander in this episode and everything? Seemed a little more personal than the interaction between a human and a stray dog...
    Er-hem!...Congradulations, Ash, you and your pokemon are hall of famers!"

Charmander is cool. Yay!

This was an excellent episode. Like some other people here, I liked Damian. He had a real personality, even if he was a jerk. Even the recently introduced Shinji can't beat Damian in his sheer deviousness and how he treats Pokemon like tools. By the look of it, he also seemed to catch anything and everything, judging from the dozens of Pokeballs that he had. I found that so neat, too! It's such a stark comparison to how many other characters have less than six. By the way, Maddie was Damian's VA? Wow! Maddie is so talented! -*__*-

One of the things I loved about this episode is the theme of friendship and loyalty that was placed in it. Seeing Charmander try to stay on the rock, waiting for its trainer to return was so heartwrenching, especially considering how Damian had no intention to return.

I also agree with those who put that Brock should have caught Charmander. He really did seem to be the one to show that he was willing to do anything to defend the Pokemon's honor (by almost having a fight in the Pokemon Center)! Yeah, it also would have made sense since Brock does get a Fire type Pokemon in just a few more episodes. Yeah, I was not a fan of Ash getting all three starters. Though, it was still nice to see Charmander go to the trainer it wanted to.

Yeah, I always had a theory on why Charmander went rogue when it evolved. I think it had a lot to do with how Damian would belittle it and call it weak, so when it finally became stronger through evolution, it might have gone to its head. I think Charizard's evolution might have also been something that scared Ash's two other Kanto starters to fear evolving. Thanks a lot, Char. ^^;;

All in all, a great episode. I would have liked to have seen Damian again during Battle Frontier or something. Of course...that would never happen...

This was the first episode of Pokemon I ever saw and it got me hooked on Pokemon. I still hate Damian for what he did to the Charmander and I think his bad treatment of Charmander is the reason it became so out of control when it evolved into Charizard. This is a classic episode and is one of my favourites 8/10.

charmander had a bad attitude but i think it finally undetrsttod that demian wasnt a good triner

merry christmas!

A good episode, grats to Ash for getting a Charmander. Damian the trainer of the day that everyone loves to hate, nice to see him get put in his place by the Pokemon he abandoned. Nice to see TR actually learning from their encounters with the gang but really getting a huge machine to just to dig a hole no wonder their constantly poor.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

must... resist... ONE DAY THE WORLD WILL SEE HITOKAGE NO CHIKARA!!! What, you already knew how great Charmander was? Nvm... Great ep, amazing music, and Charmander!!! 10/10!

As I make my way back through the old episodes, I realise now that yes, Brock should most definitely have caught Charmander, as he was the one most angered about Damian's abandonment of the youngling.
    Speaking of Damian, where on Earth was that accent meant to originate from?

Do the Robot!

I felt terrible for Charmander in this episode. I hate it when Pokemon are abused.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

It was a good episode, but like I said in the episode 10 chat, I just don't like the fact that he gets the three starters one after another in pretty much the same way, they choose to go with him.
    Which means of his first 6 pokemon, he catches Pidgey and Caterpie, the rest decided to go with him.

oh yeah i recently saw this episode again on jetix, 200 pokeballs are to few to get charmander back.

This is my favorite episode ever becuse Ash,Misty and brock found a stray charmander and Ash ask him to come with him but charmander didn't want to becuse he thought his trainer would come back but the trainer didn't and at the end of the episode charmander went with ash and ash took care of charmander so that is why I love this episode it means take good care of pokemon and don't leave your pokemon in the wild
    I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

Hey, Twinkie! >D

My Heart Gold Team

I am now a brony. This makes me 20% cooler.

My Pearl Team

I hate the guy who left Charmander in the rain!Charmander was soooo close to dying!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I think we all disliked Damien in some way or another. Personally, I felt a strong disgust toward his general attitude. Poor Charmander was so sweet and trusting of him, and it just made me hate Damien all the more.

I'm so glad Charmander realized how much Ash & friends cared and went with them. Charmander is so awesome, he deserves a loving trainer and happy life ^_^
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I don't, he is just another anime character in my mind.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

This episode was great i really felt sorry for the little charmander
    HeartGold

I think it was great how Charmander finally stood up to Damion, when it realised what he was really like.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

nice episode,charmander taught that damion not to mess with him. seasons later,he is the aswome charizard we see today.

Paul seems less abusive than Damien, because unlike him, Paul treats 'em all harshly to cause their strength to develop quickly. If a Pokemon can't fit his subject, away it goes.

It's okay to lie in some situations, but the way Damien lied to Charmander saying he'll come back was out of line!
    Last edited by pokeguru; 19th October 2008 at 5:07 PM.

wat a great episode one of my favs in the series
    wanna brawl?

-Charizard is the greatest pokemon.
    BOW DOWN BEFORE HIM!

Since Charmander is my favorite pokemon, it's great seeing him in this episode, but I thought it was sad, with a happy ending, and the evil trainer got what he deserved!

I'd like to see Damion make a comeback, so he can see how the Charmander he thought was weak has evolved and gotten stronger since it joined Ash.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

haha i remember this episode i lvoed this one but it was cruel how the trainer left charmander out there and when ash found it and it got strong all ni the same epsiode the trainer wanted iot back (i think thts wht happened) anyway charmander looked so cute sitting on tht rock midning his own business

please click my eggs and dragons

Quote Originally Posted by Tadashi View Post
    I think we all disliked Damien in some way or another. Personally, I felt a strong disgust toward his general attitude. Poor Charmander was so sweet and trusting of him, and it just made me hate Damien all the more.

I'm so glad Charmander realized how much Ash & friends cared and went with them. Charmander is so awesome, he deserves a loving trainer and happy life ^_^
    yeah charmanders happy life ftw

please click my eggs and dragons

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast