Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Here Comes The Squirtle Squad! (012)

Watched the dub version and the sub version again.

The only notable changes were the riceballs/onigiri being called eclairs and stuff (I lol'ed at this for some reason), bombs being called blaster balls (eh, good enough for me-- silly change, but meh), and Misty's hair color being threatened to be colored purple instead of death (biggest change, but I think it was funny).

4Kids kept the guns intact, which was nice.

Aside from that, the voice acting was great in the dub and the sub, the script writing was awesome in both versions, and overall this was a very good and enjoyable episode.

Sub: 99.2/100
    Dub: 91.5/100
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 27th December 2013 at 10:02 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I find it stupid but funny at the same time that the big threat was Misty's hair turning purple, she can wash it out!

Still, I think this was the best of the starter Pokemon episodes.
    So much credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny+Lilia+Ash View Post
    I find it stupid but funny at the same time that the big threat was Misty's hair turning purple, she can wash it out!

Still, I think this was the best of the starter Pokemon episodes.
    In Japan, the threat is Misty getting killed.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Wow, the dubs took the threat of Misty getting killed out, but left in the guns pointed at ash. Wow.
    I have claimed (Rampardos)!
    3DS Friend Code: 1418-6701-0126

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Yikes!

When I saw James holding a gun, I was thinking "Um... James is holding an assault rifle, why?"
    Then more weaponry was shown, then some bombs. That was quite a bit of artillery shown in a (approximate) minute-and-a=half time frame.

Neat that Ash get's his final starter Pokemon, giving him a full team of six Pokemon.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

I liked how the Squirtle Squad went after Team Rocket's food and that Meowth negotiated with them to set him free. I thought that the scene where Pikachu was attacked by a wild Goldeen was so contrived though. Gary's cameo was neat though, as was seeing actual rifles in the show. I'm surprised 4Kids kept them in.

I'm extremely glad that this episode wasn't banned in the US, otherwise I would not have been happy at all. I didn't care too much about the presence of weaponry anyway, since I was mainly focused on the Squirtle Squad the whole time for the most part.

After all, they partially swayed my choice of which Kanto Starter I was going for back in the good old days, even though I was aiming for Squirtle at the very beginning in the first place.

Awesome banner by dahrue

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345