Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mystery At The Lighthouse! (013)

An interesting episode, I enjoyed seeing the giant Dragonite again. Misty in this episode is mean she can't give Ash a break, of his entire team it's split down the middle on catching and following, Pikachu, Charmander, & Squirtle all decided to follow him, but he caught Butterfree, Pidgeotto, & Bulbasuar so Misty is only half right. Nice seeing Ash catch Krabby without using and of his other Pokemon and using a stick no less, I enjoyed seeing Ashes reaction when his Krabby disappeared on him and then wondering if Oak was cooking it. Bill was interesting to bad they never show him again in the series, i'd like to see what he's up to these days. I was looking at bulbapedia on this episode and the say the giant Dragonite is a reference to Godzilla, I beg to differ this entire episode is more of an adaptation of Ray Bradbury's short story "The Fog Horn" which is about a monster looking for another of its kind. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fog_Horn
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

that poor poor unnaturally big dragonite. but it gets you thinking that the discovery of the other regions, johto, hoenn must have been thought of by the writers quite late into the indigo season because you'd have thought that would have been a great episode to hint towards more series.
    To the writers of pokemon MAKE Ash's pokemon evolve. Squirtle and Bulbasaur should have evolved a long time ago.

To be one you must believe you are one.
    My DP Team:

The banner was over 46,800 pixels, so it was killed off. Please read the signature rules.

that poor poor unnaturally big dragonite. but it gets you thinking that the discovery of the other regions, johto, hoenn must have been thought of by the writers quite late into the indigo season because you'd have thought that would have been a great episode to hint towards more series. it still annoys my that no one ever notices (in the actual anime) that ash has all the starter pokemon, not even gary has that. and Prof. Oak never mentions it.
    To the writers of pokemon MAKE Ash's pokemon evolve. Squirtle and Bulbasaur should have evolved a long time ago.

To be one you must believe you are one.
    My DP Team:

The banner was over 46,800 pixels, so it was killed off. Please read the signature rules.

What I liked about this episode the most is the way that the animé's version of the 'Box System' is introduced. Having not seen this episode before, it's only taken me about 8 years to go back and find out how it works!
    Obviously on hindsight, there are so many holes that we can pick in this episode, like Mewtwo's engraving on the door, Dragonite being 'one of a kind', and the 'over 150' species, when the other regions blatantly have their own histories. Still, I did enjoy watching this episode though, although boo to TR!

Do the Robot!

I like this episode. It was kind of weird for someone not to know what a Dragonite was, though.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Anyone 4 Buttons? View Post
    What I liked about this episode the most is the way that the animé's version of the 'Box System' is introduced. Having not seen this episode before, it's only taken me about 8 years to go back and find out how it works!
    Obviously on hindsight, there are so many holes that we can pick in this episode, like Mewtwo's engraving on the door, Dragonite being 'one of a kind', and the 'over 150' species, when the other regions blatantly have their own histories. Still, I did enjoy watching this episode though, although boo to TR!
    I'll agree with the Mewtwo thing, but he might not have actually recognized Dragonite (For all he knew, that could have been a new pokemon, which is understandable since, had that been real life, he would have only seen it's eyes, It's sihoulette would not even be made out.).

And about the 150 thing, I think he actually mentioned there being MORE than 150 Pokemon

Bill: On this planet, there are more than 150 species of pokemon
    Ash: OVER 150?!

That seemed to imply that, even back then, they stated that there were more species than just 150 pokemon.

In regards to Misty's behavior, well, Ash was kinda asking for it. I mean, he was being a bit of a braggart, so he was kinda deserving of it as well. Besides, Brock did the same thing as Misty (i.e. criticizing Ash's captures). Actually, I'm surprised that no one seemed to mention Brock doing that (In fact, it almost seems that no one noticed that Brock did the same thing as her in that scene).

Also, Another thing that surprised me was that they didn't ban this episode due to Columbine shootings. I mean, Team Rocket was blasting a Dragonite with Bazookas trying to kill it, and the FCC ignored that?! I mean, what was the point of banning the Safari Zone episode (which WASN'T a filler) for gun use, if they couldn't even ban this episode for gun use. It can't be because of it's age in comparison to the Safari episode, since Tentacool and Tentacruel was banned/skipped over due to buildings collapsing (since apparantly, monster wrecking city = world trade center kamikaze attack), and that episode was made 2-3 years BEFORE 9/11 happened.

A very interesting episode, I loved seeing Dragonite and Ash actually catching a Pokemon. I did like them using the box system, and later on Ash's Krabby would actually play a role in his life.

I liked Ash's reaction to Krabby disappearing. Once again showing that in this point in the story Ash has a lot to learn.
    Pokemon Pearl Friend Code: 3094-0456-3549

yes i definatly remember this one, i still have to luagh when i see krabby hanging on ash's finger

I found this entire episode pretty boring. Just Bill explaining things most of the time. Except for the fact that Ash caught a Krabby which made it a good episode. The Dragonite part wasn't even that entertaining.
    Last edited by Igottapoo; 8th January 2009 at 8:24 AM.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

im so happy on how pokemon has advanced new eppisodes are so organized and clear, i still like the oldies though

about the Dragonite.

i read a few years ago that the dragonite was actually a mistake because these episodes were the first ones to be aired. if you listen closely the Dragonites cry is the same as Lugia's, i read the dragonite was infact supposed to be Lugia. As Lugia's design wasnt designed at the time. This is what i read dont know if its true but its cry is infact lugia's.

great episode though scary

i really enjoy that kind of episode, where you learn thing instead of following the journey.

PS : this dragonite is teh biggest ever!

This wasn't one of the best epsiodes i've seen, i can't believe that none of them knew it was a Dragonite.

And i always thought Mewtwo was a secret, if i remember rightly Bill had a picture of him on his wall chart.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

This eps. was pretty neat.
    Ash catches a Krabby and discovers you can only carry 6 pokemon!
    I've noticed that this is also the 1st time Team Rocket never encounters the main cast in an one. It was cool to see a gigantic Dragonite and see that there was actually more then a 150 pokemon.

I love this Episode, bill tells there are more than 100 pokemon...maybe even more and more XD
    and the part where James dint wanna hurt Dragonite with the Bazooka...need to love that guy =3
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

It was funny when Ash got krabby, and the pokeball disappers XD. Also when Ash and co. got scared by Bill cuz he was wearing a Kabuto suite XD

That huge Dragonite was so awesome. It had a nice whale song, and it kicked the crap out of Team Rocket. I hated that stupid limey, Bill. He was better as a Kabuto.

My favorite bit was Brock and Misty dancing to Dragonite's song. Not a fan of the pair, but it was such a nice moment ^_^
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

The giant Dragonite was epic, although I don't get why they don't mention it later on... that would be cool. It's weird that they never try to find it or anything, or do they know what it was?

I found it funny that Ash took it so personal that all of his Pokemon practically fell in his lap...he should appreciate that! That means he makes Poke'friends easy :P I still can't believe that the writers made Dragonite seem like a legendary Pokemon. I mean, why would they want to confuse people like that? Plus, why the heck is it so big? It must have drank some toxic wastes :P

I give this episode a:
    6.7/10
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2gsg6iq.png[/IMG]

Man, Ash must have really felt wimpy when he saw Gary's Krabby next to his. Imagine how big that thing would be as a Kingler. Also, it must have scared the **** out of Ash when he called Oak and saw him eating, just after Krabby was sent to him.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

This was the first ever Pokemon anime episode I have ever watched.
    Nice to see Bill's appearance. He's cute. :P
    I'm kind of disappointed that the Dragonite didn't really show up, though.

^Click^
    Me @ DeviantArt

Spoiler:- Credit:

My favorite Kanto episode of all time since it gives us some interesting moments that I'd never have expected in this anime. The mood in this episode was cheerful in the beginning but then it got eerie and deep towards the end as Bill was introduced fully. I'm glad they showed Dragonite although it was very large for it's kind. I do wish Bill would appear again since his British accent was adorable. 10/10
    Last edited by Lorde; 9th November 2010 at 2:26 AM.

The giant Dragonite was very strong, it was cool to see it...

And Bill was very smart, he was great...
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

This was the first full episode I ever saw. I loved it all. The krabby, the giant dragonite, and getting to see Bill made it very memorable.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

This was back in the day when even semi-legendary pokemon like Dragonite were treated like rare, mysterious, all-powerful, uber-Gods. Now with DP you've got them sitting in Pokemon Centers in the middle of a crowd like they're nothing .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast