Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mystery At The Lighthouse! (013)

I was impressed by how easily Ash caught Krabby especially since he didn't use any pokemon and Bill was such an interesting character. The giant Dragonite scenes were kind of creepy for me when I was young but I wish Team rocket hadn't ruined things.

I found Bill to be far more creepy than the Dragonite, both as a kid and now. The episode was upsetting when I was a kid. I remember being saddened at the shooting scene, despite Dragonite staying alive.

Ash catches his most forgettable Pokemon of all time here, as opposed to the last 3 episodes where he gets three of his most memorable pokemon. Krabby really got the short end of the stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    and Bill was such an interesting character.
    Meh not really. All his philosophical talk was long-winded and his lighthouse was the only cool thing he had lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    Meh not really. All his philosophical talk was long-winded and his lighthouse was the only cool thing he had lol.
    I just liked his style of fashion and how mature he was. He didn't look that much older than Ash to me yet he was infinitely more intelligent which was cool. ^^;

I just liked his style of fashion and how mature he was. He didn't look that much older than Ash to me yet he was infinitely more intelligent which was cool. ^^;
    Well he was smart since he had many years of experience unlike Ash who was a newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    Well he was smart since he had many years of experience unlike Ash who was a newbie.
    Valid point ha ha. I just meant that Bill being a famous researcher despite being so young impressed me.

Ash captured Krabby and that was awesome and so was Gary's giant one at Oak's lab. Bill having Mewtwo's design on his door was suspicious though. 7/10

Huh I didn't even realise that Mewtwo was shown on the lighthouse door. That seems like a continuity mistake tho cuz Mewtwo likely wasn't even created by this time, so he shouldn't have been a known pokemon.

My favorite scene was when Oak showed Ash Gary's huge Krabby + Misty and Brock dancing seemed kind of shippy.

In my mind, Masaki's lighthouse served as the spookiest and surreal setting from the early Kanto era. Kairyuu's appearance in the fog was the main reason for that, but the soundtrack was quite unnerving in general. I liked Okido-hakase's short phone call as well, and I thought Crab being captured was perfect.

Interesting how Misty complains all of Ash's Pokemon followed him. Big talk from a girl who would later catch three Pokemon who "followed" her lol. Oh and as goofy as it was seeing the writers try to show off Dragonite as a "mysterious Pokemon", it's even funnier when you account the very next episode mentions Dragonite when Ash scanned Raichu. :x

Liked this episode. It was cool to see Ash fight Krabby with a nearby stick before tossing a Poke Ball. The scene in which Ash was horrified Prof. Oak was eating his Krabby was hilarious. Interesting thing is this episode actually shows two giant Pokemon, a Krabby and a Dragonite.
    7.5/10

That huge figure that looked like a Dragonite was mysterious and creepy at that same time. Also I laughed when even James thought that messing up someone else's plans this time was going too far lol.
    ~Sailor Saturn~

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstardust View Post
    Misty and Brock dancing seemed kind of shippy.
    I thought that scene was kind of odd. I mean, they were friends and all clearly but I didn't think Brock cared about her much or that he even liked dancing in general. So I thought it was awkward how he asked Misty to dance here. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by KyogreThunder View Post
    Liked this episode. It was cool to see Ash fight Krabby with a nearby stick before tossing a Poke Ball.
    Lol, I thought him using a stick was hilarious, though I didn't like that Krabby's Poke Ball conveniently teleported to Oak's place. It seemed odd even for this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Lol, I thought him using a stick was hilarious, though I didn't like that Krabby's Poke Ball conveniently teleported to Oak's place. It seemed odd even for this show.
    I liked how Krabby immediately sliced the stick and I thought that the Poke ball being sent to professor Oak's lab made sense. Technology in the anime has always been super advanced, so I liked that the ball was transported automatically. :3

It was just weird to me how Krabby didn't get sent to Bill's PC like in the games though IMO, considering that we actually saw Bill in this very episode...

It was just weird to me how Krabby didn't get sent to Bill's PC like in the games though IMO, considering that we actually saw Bill in this very episode...
    Hmmm I guess Bill storing Ash's Krabby could've worked, tho I think that the anime was going in a different direction even in early OS, hence why Oak ended up storing Krabby instead. I loved how we saw Gary's giant Krabby here however hee hee.

I loved how we saw Gary's giant Krabby here however hee hee.
    Lol, I felt sad for Ash when he saw it; seems like no matter what Ash did in Kanto, he was always one step behind Gary in terms of the Pokemon he captured.

Lol, I felt sad for Ash when he saw it; seems like no matter what Ash did in Kanto, he was always one step behind Gary in terms of the Pokemon he captured.
    I liked that Gary having a bigger Krabby made Ash seem like an underdog however cuz that was their whole relationship back in early OS. And I also liked when Oak's phone call with Ash ended when he had to answer the door to get his pizza ha ha.

And I also liked when Oak's phone call with Ash ended when he had to answer the door to get his pizza ha ha.
    That part was quirky, although Bill's Kabuto costume was the episode's most fascinating moment in my opinion, because this was when Fossil Pokemon were still considered special and rare (unlike these days) and we saw Bill point out their artwork on his walls.

I'm surprised that nobody, not Ash or his friends, or Team Rocket, or even Bill, knew that that Pokemon was a Dragonite. I liked Bill's costume, and I'm happy that Ash caught a Krabby here, even though it was pretty much overshadowed later in the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by KyogreThunder View Post
    Interesting thing is this episode actually shows two giant Pokemon, a Krabby and a Dragonite.
    7.5/10
    Well Shigeru's Crab wasn't giant per se, just larger than Satoshi's for some odd reason that was never clarified. I think we were meant to think that Shigeru's Crab was just stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonhart View Post
    Well Shigeru's Crab wasn't giant per se, just larger than Satoshi's for some odd reason that was never clarified. I think we were meant to think that Shigeru's Crab was just stronger.
    Is it sad that I didn't even know it was a Krabby? It was so huge that I thought it was a Kingler.

Quote Originally Posted by ZilverLox View Post
    Is it sad that I didn't even know it was a Krabby? It was so huge that I thought it was a Kingler.
    Well Krabby lacks the big claws and also lacks the head crown thing that Kingler has lol.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast