Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Electric Shock Showdown! (014)

This episode was alright. I liked it because it was the first gym that Ash had to find strategy for and battle fairly. But pikachu was way to overpowered. He took Riachu out in like one hit and Pikachu was hit multiple times. There's been way better episodes.

Actually, Lt Surge isn't the only one who's cursed in English in the Japanese version. According to Dogasu's Backpack, the Pirate Trainer from Mewtwo Strikes Back said, "Oh my God!" in English, in the Japanese version.

Did anybody else notice that Lt. Surge's Raichu used five different attacks in the same battle?
    60% of SPPF don't miss the glitches Missingno and 'M from R/B/Y/G/S/C. If you are one of those 40% who miss our pals the glitches, copy and paste this into your signature (started by MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO)

I loved this episode! It was one of my favorites from the 1st Season
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/s...mence.gif?o=77 (Chibi)
    95% of the people in Serebii Forums use cheating devices, if you are one of the 5% that dont, copy and paste this into your sig

This is one of my favourite episodes as I remember it well. I was really into Raichu after I saw it even if he did lose! Lt Surge is a top Gym Leader.

I liked thsi episode.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

A very good episode, I really got into the the fight between Ash and Lt. Surge. I really enjoyed the scenes of Ash and Pikachu making the choice to evolve or not, it really shows off the talent of the VA's and goes to show that evolving a Pokemon isn't always the best thing. Nice to see Ash actually go in with a strategy for winning, also nice to see Pikachu able to think on it's feet in the heat of battle. Nice to see Ash win his 3rd badge.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

It's a wonder I haven't commented on my second-favorite Gym battle yet. Not to mention at this day and age Surge makes for great Bandit Keith joke target practice...in America!

BTW, for those who did not figure it out yet--no, that wasn't Thunderpunch Raichu was using in the first duel. The original clearly says Megaton Punch. Just another one of 4Krap's stupid errors and this was before they had the show full time.

Awesome. Forever Awesome.

This episode was pretty good. Although I remember how scared I was of Raichu when I was little after watching this.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

Great episode, the only thing I am on the fence about is that Ash was given a second chance at a badge after losing the first time. But I did like that Pikachu would not be evolved, and I think that because of this episode many people have decided to not really like Raichu.

it's a good movie, you know i think i even got a cassette with this episode somewhere, i think i'm going to search for it when i got the chanse^^

it's a good movie, you know i think i even got a cassette with this episode somewhere, i think i'm going to search for it when i got the chanse^^

Oh I loved this ep 8D Very good for Pikachu's character development. And I don't care who was mad that it didn't evolve, I'm personally very glad it didn't ^^

Favorite part of the episode was when Team Rocket did this horribly goofy cheer for Pikachu, then ran off. Misty goes, "bye, Team Rocket!" And they wonder how she recognized them.

To this very day, Ash and Brock are still surprised when Team Rocket rip off a disguise or two. *sigh~*
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I loved this episode. Surge really freaked me out. But the Pikachu plot was pretty cool. It's good that it didn't evolve.
    Last edited by Igottapoo; 8th January 2009 at 8:49 AM.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

This is surely Ash's first official badge win.

I loved Lt. Surge's accent, it made the episode so much better.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

Can anyone tell me how pikachu beats raichu? i mean, it's really unbelievable from my point of view. and i didnt see that episode.
    Here he is the king of kings, not the lord of rings, nor the king of swing, man you knoe what i mean!
    2nd Co Owner of the Yu-Gi-Oh club

Creator of the Grand Theft Auto IV thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DryBones View Post
    I loved Lt. Surge's accent, it made the episode so much better.
    His accent was awesome. I loved it too. Only too bad Maddie passed away, she was the one who played Surge. And if they had him come back, I would bet someone else would play him.

I thought Surge was too arrogant and that's why he ended up losing.

I'm not a big Pikachu fan, but i'm happy it didn't eveolve because it got the chance to prove that it can be just as strong as Raichu without having to actually be one itself.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

I would think Pikachu will evolve...but kinda glad he dint...he really
    showed proof that non evolved Pokemon also can be stronger<3
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This episode is laughable and tolerable. LT Surge can call you a baby in the anime because he thinks you're not worthy of beating him, but he won't insult you in the RBY games! But he was easy on Misty just because she was a girl. lol.

Luckly that Pikachu won without being evolved to Raichu^^. Serve the gym leader right, that non evolved pokemons can be strong too XD.

Wow, that Raichu got some sneekie attacks for rock type pokemon! And poor pikachu lost the first fight! I don't like pikachu to evolve, im glad that stay put.

OMG! :O Look how tall Surge is! O_O

Maybe taller as me. -_- He is so huge! He looks like one of those tough bikers, BUFF bikers! I wonder his biceps are as big as ash's head! :P

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

Surge could rip ash's head off XD
    i diddn't notice surge's crew was buffer then ash's crew

AM I the only one who found Team Rocket in 'Guise to be funny? The way they carried on.

Surge's crew looked badass.

Team Tropic Thunder?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast