Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battle Aboard The St. Anne (015)

This ep was good ^^. Luckly that Ash got his Butterfree back^^. and it was funny to see that James bought a magikarp XD.

Lol....Magikarp Salesman = Classic. That guy practically made the show, right there. But I did like the fact that Ash learned his lesson about trading Pokemon to complete strangers. & TR got their butts beat, as always. I also thought it was cool how a bunch of the same Pokemon were being sent out to battle the Rockets As for the ship sinking, when I was little, I really thought that Ash & co were gunna die :P

I give this episode a:
    7.9/10
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2gsg6iq.png[/IMG]

Good episode. The Magikarp salesman is so funny, I like how Jesse and Meowth growl at James as he's cheated.
    I feel sad when Ash is missing his Butterfree too.

^Click^
    Me @ DeviantArt

Spoiler:- Credit:

Even though the first few episodes are aired 9 years ago or so, I only watched this episode the first time on May 2006, when Pokemon was aired on Cartoon Network.
    This episode, together with "Bye bye Butterfree", is the best.

Too bad we can't see any action like this anymore, because the modern Pokemon episodes are very very repetitive, not to mention being worse than the first season.
    I'll be inactive for some time here. If you wanna find me, meet me at Smogon

This was a great episode. The battle against Team Rocket was good, having the Pokemon battle in the form of a pyramid. And the Magikarp salesman was funny. At the end, it was too bad that Ash, Misty, Brock, Jessie, and James never escaped the S.S. Anne.

Great episode, i loved it.
    the TR people were weak, all the pokemon beat them easily..
    And i loved to see many Pikachu...
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Another great Kanto episode because a lot of the in-game music was kept intact in the 4kids dub. This one also had battles, Team Rocket being funny, and sinking ships. Though I thought the whole ship sinking because of the storm part was too rushed and it didn't make too much sense since ships are built to withstand waves. They could've made it more suspenseful had they given the sinking ship scene, a whole episode. Kind of like a Pokemon version of Titanic haha. Anyway, this gets 9/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 15th November 2010 at 7:44 PM.

Another early episode rewatched recently, and the first one I've randomly decided to comment on for no real reason.
    While I agree with most of what was said, I feel the urge to point at the Captain's line and laugh. Comedy gold.
    "Anyone who didn't leave the ship safely, please say 'aye'. ... good. Everyone's safe, then!"
    "... and besides, the ship is unsinkable!" (This sort of line always makes me giggle slightly)
    "There's no need to panic, I just thought I'd test out one of the lifeboats."

I loved seeing all the trainers on the ship battling and whatnot, and I also liked the guy with the Raticate for some odd reason. But I never liked that Ash traded his Butterfree for it, yeah it was strong, but Butterfree was the first pokemon he ever caught, I thought he would have a little more compassion for it. If he traded Pidgeotto or one of his other pokemon for it (except for Pika), then I wouldn't have been so upset, but it was the fact that he traded away his first catch and wanted it back that made me angry, he was lucky because he really shouldn't have gotten it back. But TR getting tricked by that salesman to buy that Magikarp was hilarious, and to have him return years later to trick them again in DP makes it all the more funnier. This was definitely a classic episode, loved it.

I watched this episode again, and seeing how James believes to the Magicarp man again mades me laugh.

Well, it was only the first time, so it's was fine. As for the S.t anne- what a crazy ship!

This episode was a classic. The magikarp salesman was hilarious, the captain was also funny, and the sinking ship was really suspensefull. 10/10

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Wasn't really a big fan of the 1st 2 of this 3-episode set. Was cool seeing Buterfree battle Raticate, and seeing a trade for the 1st time. But other than that, wasn't too thrilled overall.

30/100

This was the first episode of the anime I ever saw. I was five years old the first time I saw this.

Seeing Team Rocket dressed in those schoolgirl outfits at the beginning is something that I've always remembered from this episode. I thought they were really weird characters and at first I was wondering if James was a girl or a boy. O___o And then later when it showed them talking to Giovanni, I remember asking my dad, "Are they bad guys?"

I spent the rest of the episode figuring out what these things called "Pokemon" are and how battles, etc. really work. I must say, it was all really confusing for me!

But for some reason, I really liked this episode, and because of that, I fell in love with Pokemon. If it wasn't for this episode...then I may have never become a Pokemon fan. And that's a scary thought.

Question Name of song?

Hello everyone,

I've seen this episode multiple times and very much like it. Recently I watched it again online and right about 17 minutes into it starting from the opening theme, a song plays that I can not seem to find anywhere. I'm not sure if its unreleased but its right after Ash has the flashbacks about butterfree and the rocket grunt yells, "Hand over the pokeballs". Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Endorcist View Post
    Hello everyone,

I've seen this episode multiple times and very much like it. Recently I watched it again online and right about 17 minutes into it starting from the opening theme, a song plays that I can not seem to find anywhere. I'm not sure if its unreleased but its right after Ash has the flashbacks about butterfree and the rocket grunt yells, "Hand over the pokeballs". Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    The name of the background music is "Prayer". It was usually played during sad scenes, along with "Tears After the Cloudy Weather", during the earlier episodes in the original series.

In my opinion, it was a beautiful track that the anime should really use again. Then again, the anime never really gets as emotional as some of the earlier episodes anymore. Everything is always so happy-go-lucky now, except in the movies.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi View Post
    The name of the background music is "Prayer". It was usually played during sad scenes, along with "Tears After the Cloudy Weather", during the earlier episodes in the original series.

In my opinion, it was a beautiful track that the anime should really use again. Then again, the anime never really gets as emotional as some of the earlier episodes anymore. Everything is always so happy-go-lucky now, except in the movies.
    I love both of those songs! To this day, I still remember     Spoiler:- Spoiler from an Earlier Episode:
    The OST is very nostalgic for me.

Anyways, Ep. 15 was a very good one; such a classic. I was looking forward to this arc a lot. I believe this is the first time we ever saw Giovanni and Persian, actually. Team Rocket as a whole was pretty awesome, and so were the Magikarp Salesman, the Captain, and the character that Ash traded with twice. (I missed his name. ~_~)

Also, "No need to worry, I just thought I'd test out the life rafts."
    Last edited by Bianca~; 14th June 2011 at 8:19 PM.

Oh right. This is the "Give me your Pokémon!" "No!" "Don't make me take them from you!" episode.

This episode led to the rise of one of my all-time favorite characters in the series: the Magikarp salesman. He is simply greatness and should've appeared more often. Team Rocket's idea seemed really solid at the time but I wonder how they thought they were going to escape while things became even more complicated with the storm having almost reached them. Personally, I didn't find the trio's particularly interesting in this episode even with Ash trading away Butterfree only to get it back.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Ash's Butterfree trade was so stupid. Sometimes I question whether the producers really wanted him to be a completely brainless character.
    As for the episode itself, it's definitely up there as one of my favourites. The Magikarp salesman was a great character and the suspense created when the ship sank was just EPIC!

xxx

Oh right. This is the "Give me your Pokémon!" "No!" "Don't make me take them from you!" episode.
    Can we discuss the atrocity of the voice acting behind those terrible lines? Hahaha that moment made me burst out laughing really loud.

I also find it amusing that apparently the only Pokemon that exist are starters and Pikachu. Nobody breaks out a Jolteon or Rhydon or something cool like THAT!
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

It was a good episode and action followed later

First of all, awesome debut for the Magikarp Salesman. Together with Casey, my favourite recurring character.

Sad that Ash trades Butterfree away, even though he just does it under pressure and gets bad advice from Brock. If I'd be Butterfree, I would've left Ash as soon as possible, and not in a later episode because of the mating season. I'd leave him for even thinking about trading his cute little Butterfree away! However, good that he got Butterfree back. I really love his Butterfree, but he didn't deserve a Pokemon like Butterfree. Even though Ash was put under pressure, he should've said "no", no matter what. Instead of realizing how much he cared about Butterfree after the trade, he should've realized that immediately when the gentleman proposed it.

Awesome episode, 10/10.

Excellent episode, The debut of the infamous Magikarp salesman! I love him he's such a funny old guy. I'm glad he made moe appearances throughout the series. The St Anne looked so exquisite and elegant so that was nice to see I suppose. I'm surprised the writers made it sink like the Titanic.
    Last edited by Blessed; 13th November 2012 at 9:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post

This episode led to the rise of one of my all-time favorite characters in the series: the Magikarp salesman. He is simply greatness and should've appeared more often. Team Rocket's idea seemed really solid at the time but I wonder how they thought they were going to escape while things became even more complicated with the storm having almost reached them. Personally, I didn't find the trio's particularly interesting in this episode even with Ash trading away Butterfree only to get it back.
    While we did had our disagreements on the other episode topic, in this one, I totally stand by this summary and especially something that is worth mentioning again!

" Scamming Pokemon trainers since '97 baby!" - The infamous Magikarp Salesman
    Attached Images Attached Images

The episode would have been nice if it just had the trading part but the writers had to ruin it and make the St. Anne go all Titanic. The arc that came afterwards was so full of nonsense, when I watched it years ago, I honestly felt like I had lost some of my intelligence. -_-

I'll give this a 6, it would have gotten a higher rating from me if the St. Anne didn't sink.

Ash really should of kept that Raticate

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast