Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Noodles: Roamin' Off (585)

why cant they let mushashi hair be like that all the time instead of a umm no words to describe it
    Last edited by Trips; 6th March 2009 at 8:05 PM.

I would love, love, love to see TR actually disband for good; it'll be a huge load off of Ash's shoulders. Unfortunately, the chances of that happening are less than zero.

Also, that shiny Metagross is powerful enough to possibly kill them, but it didn't, as I expected from a kid's anime...

Quote Originally Posted by kpt25 View Post
    it was Gyro Ball,TR actually said that before getting "blasted off again"
    That's right, and since Meteor Mash is a punch, that obviously wasn't it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPantsMan View Post
    Can someone tell me how the battle went vs Metagross? (What attack did Mime Jr use?)
    Metagross used what must have been Magnet Rise and then Psychic to pick up some rocks. James had Mime Jr. use Teeter Dance and Metagross got confused, but that caused those rocks to start flying everywhere. James freaked out, grabbed Mime Jr, and took off.

Why did you even ask about Mime Jr's attack? It was obvious because it has used it several times before.
    Last edited by Geodude; 8th March 2009 at 3:38 AM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I wish Team Rocket did catch that Metagross because with it power they would be able to defeat Ash easy.

Um, no. Just because they have a certain Pokémon doesn't mean it means they would win.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

TR are definitely getting a load of attention in D/P, and I think that's good, even if I'm not their biggest fan. It breaks things up a little bit.
    The Metagross was a lovely looking thing, and the sparingly used CGI was good.
    However, of the three in TR, I would've guessed James would've been the first to leave...

Do the Robot!

That Metagross was just awesome...i love episodes whats all about TR
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I loved this episode, they should have caught it and sent it to Sakaki san though... That would've been awesome!
    ~Love--Dance~

just to say pokemon anime has become crappy. they shouldve made pokemon special a anime

Has BECOME crappy? They should have made Pokemon Special an anime?

How could those two sentences possibly coexist in the same post? The anime is more like the manga than ever before. Now we actually have villains that try to kill Ash and co. and whatnot.

If we're comparing it to the manga then the earlier seasons were crappy and DP is a slight improvement

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

it just is to me the anime is just like a cycle
    ash wins badge .they head to next town. random team rocket attacks. girl chracter wins ribbon. over and over again
    the manga and games are what makes pkmn good. the anime was good in the kanto and johto seasons but not now

I thought this episode was going to be about ramen (and some sorta dedication to a certain knucklehead ninja), but turns out to be another episode involving Team Rocket losing their groove yet again. I lol'd that Ash and co. are getting tired of their Team Rocket encounters, plus Ash was too good at guessing Team Rocket's motivation and the so called "shooting star". The Shiny Metagross was interesting as well, and I didn't know that Metagrosses are super computers.

man i thought TR was going to catch metagross and then sended it to the boss Giovani.

and what if he thought that insteed of Jesse, James, and Meowth gave it to him he thought Butch and Cassidy gave it to him. That would be hilarious.

Episode threads are obviously only for discussion of that particular episode. If you want to discuss the anime in general, take it somewhere else. Common sense, people. Start using it.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Now I've snagged the chance to watch this, but this time, I didn't have the luxury of my sister's HDTV... Ah, well, you win some, you lose some...

Anyhow...

Ash & gang are on their way to their next destination, & out comes TR with a generic mecha. The surprising thing is that Ash actually think that they've become bland & stale, & dispatched them quickly with a Thunderbolt from Pikachu. Now there's nothing stopping this miniature war-machine. As TR flew off, their landing is actually an ocean, which is filled with seaweed nonetheless, & seeing them emerge from the ocean as seaweed mummies is a laugh & then some. Afterward, they become dispirited, especially once they come across a Ramen Shop. They just so happen to be dying of starvation, but the thing that drags them down even more is that their cash balance is 0$. They have a meal in the shop anyway, only to find out that they've flipped off the cook. They go to have a word with the owner, who just so happens to be a TR sudent.

What a twist!!

As they're talking about their good old times, the cook fumbles his dough ball. Meowth senses it & slashes it away, & it just so happens to turn into a bunch of noodles, which happen to also be the perfect bunch. HE offers Meowth to work in his shop, but he declines the offer... for now. They again set off to harassing Ash, this time in a Ramen-themed mecha. They managed to get ahold of Pikachu, but that's as far as they've gotten before getting zapped back into the same sea that turned them into seaweed mummies. During that time, Meowth finally has had it with them, & decides to work in the Ramen shop, abandonning TR altogether. Soon after, Jessie follows suit with Meowth, but for a different reason: to follow her dreams of being in the Grand Festival.

Now poor James is all alone, but all hope isn't lost, as he finds a rumor that there is a shiny Metagross in a valley nearby. James, who is practically a desperado, heads out to find it. He does, but he gets more than he bargained for, as it's also a bipolar maniac when it comes to attacking. He tries in vain to get him down, but fails miserably, & just when he's looking down the eyes of death, Jessie shows up to lend a hand. They manage to succeed in bringing him down, but their victory is short-lived, as the Metagross found a way to fling a bunch of boulders at them. They flee for their lives, but Metagross holds them down with its Psychic powers, & readys his SBC for obltherating the two of them. However, it got interrupted by none other than Meowth, & seizing the chance, the two got on their ballon, rejoicing in their reunion as they futilly attempt to flee from the relentless Metagross, only to end up getting flung over the wild blue yonder.

This all happened from all the fuss over at the Ramen shop... Pfft.

*continues to linger around*
    Last edited by Brumrha; 1st August 2009 at 5:04 PM.

I liked the episode. When I saw the preview pictures I thought it was just going to be an episode about Ash and friends protecting a shiny Metagross from Team Rocket, but I was happily surprised.

I think this episode could have been a good time for Jesse to win another contest, but oh well. The battle against Metagross was awesome, but I think it would have been cool if Team Rocket could have actually beat it and sent it to the boss. Its not like this pokemon is really important (like a legendary pokemon) and it doesn't belong to a trainer, so I see no reason for them not to have won this time.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

Hm, episode was pointless and another way to show us how loosers Team Rocket are. It was stupid how James still wanted to be a TR member. However, it wasn't that bad as I tought. It was cool seeing another Shiny Pokemon. And Seviper's Poison Tail working on Metagross, huh?

Well I can kinda see why poison tail would work. Maybe the poison didn't harm Metagross but it was still slammed by a snake monster's tail.

This episode was good IMO. It's one of those episodes that aren't very interesting to watch in Japanese (only if you can't speak Japanese obvious) but once you watch the dub it will change your opinion.

Were those kids implying that the shiny Metagross killed people?

Kid: "I heard some people are never heard from again after encountering the different
    colored Metagross"

James: "Looks like this is the end!"

Hm...

The dub also kept all of the Japanese culture references which isn't all that surprising. PUSA even used the word "shuriken" in the Battle Frontier saga so I guess the people who hate when the cultutral things are edited no longer have to worry.
    Last edited by thunderblade12; 1st August 2009 at 10:48 PM.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

i liked the episode. I acually thought it would be the end for TR. It was funny when Ash just effortlessly used thunderbolt on Team Rocket at the begging. he was like, "i dont have time for you, were are in a hurry". And he just effortlessly blastewd them off. LOL

Hello. I am WisdomTree the Sudowoodo. I know everything about Pokemon, so PM BlazeXX and he will ask me personally your question. if you critizise me, i will Sucker Punch you or hit you with this cool hammer made out of Wood i found outside a bar last week.If you want to battle me, add BlazeXX's FC (1505 4017 9399) and battle me 1 on 1. I am the coolest Talking Tree in the world-am I not?

this was a very interesting episode mainly because we get to see another shiney pokemon and everytime team rocket try to break up the 3 of them all ways get back together at the end of the episodde

I actually liked this episode. It seemed better than I thought. As do the other episodes. They only got back together because James would have had his lunch handed to him by the Shiny Metagross.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I kinda hated James for being so damn selfish in this episode. Especially since Jesse and Meowth found their own ways to be happy.

I'm sorry but I find Team Rocket so annoying these days that I would love it if they split up or were killed off. At least then it'd get rid of the worst villains in the show.

But all in all it was a good episode. Even for a Team Rocket centric one.
    Well let me tell ya something brotha'! The Buizelster doesn't stay down while all the little Buizelmaniacs believe! So what 'cha gonna do now brotha'? What 'cha gonna do when Buizelmania runs wild on youuuuuuuuu!

LOL, I was away only a bit longer than usual and you've already produced six pages

Anyways, a great episode and quite moving as well.
    Although basically, the most important things have already been mentioned, I think there're still a few aspects which are worth analyzing:

First of all, Ash finishing off Team Rocket with ease and in no time was a welcome change. His dismissive and slightly arrogant tone cracked me up and reminded me of a former episode in which he said something like "Come on Team Rocket, I really don't feel like palying with you at the moment.Get lost!" It was in an episode where he was looking for Pikachu. I'm so embarrassed that I'm incapable of recalling the title,sorry...
    Anyways, his Team Rocket-imitation at the end sure was the icing on the cake and rounded off an episode in which we saw quite a superior Ash

Next, the emotional Team Rocket scenes which were really awesome and moving. The ones which touched me the most were Meowth getting angry at Jessie and James with his face downwards and finally yelling at them in a quite shocking tone which I've never heard before, Jessie saying farewell to Meowth while trying to suppress her tears and James sitting by the camp fire, feeling somewhat depressed. Partly, these were highly profound scenes and lines, which must certainly have delighted older fans like us.

Now, let's concern ourselves with the shiny (different-looking/ oddly-colored/ rare-looking) Metagross: It sure looked amazing and I wouldn't hesitate to catch it either. Yes, I would even try to catch it at all costs, no matter how diffult it is said to be (I'm not a wimp, you know). What a great, unique, and intelligent partner that Pokemon would be! I'm really wondering why Hunter J hasn't set her sights on it yet. Well, I'd better say Thank God and that I hope she'll never even think about catching it. What an awe-inspiring Pokemon it would be for my hero Ash or my Queen Cynthia!
    WHY, why in the world can't the writers have Ash catch it? Why is he barely allowed to have a real behemoth on his current team? (apart from Charizard, Tauros, Snorlax and Sceptile which we only get to see once in a while, if anything) I want him to have it so badly!

Unfortunately, I've also got one point of criticism though: The BGM when Jessie and James were floating helplessly in the air, awaiting Metagross's final Hyper Beam and when the fled his Gyro Ball in the ballon was kind of unworthy for this serious situation if you ask me. The silence in the "our end is near" -scene somehow was too less and I would have expected some dramatic or emotional music and the "My Sharona" imitation was too playful for these scenes and therefore out of place. But that can't be helped.
    BTW. Shiny Aeon, I never expected that I would actually coin a term here in the community some day (" 'My Sharona'-esque background music" to be precise) which would then be adopted by other users. I'm really honored. Thank you ^^

All in all, a fantastic episode which was worth the waiting time!

8 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

This episode was pretty good for a filler. It definitely got me in the mood for noodles. LOL. Like how ash, Brock, and Dawn reacted in the Team Rocket first appeared.

BROCK: *boringly* Oh, it's just Team Rocket.
    ~Later~
    ASH: *boringly* Pikachu, Thunderbolt.

I laughed so much with that. I was wondering when they were gonna start doing that. Also cool to see a shiny Metagross. What was even cooler was when Metagross was calculating how to smash Team Rocket with rocks.

The end was also funny when Ash guessed that the "shooting star" could just be Team Rocket being sent away by Metagross. I kinda would have liked the idea of Ash, Dawn, and Brock coming across that shiny Metagross though.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Now this was a fun little episode. :3

The neginning with Ash being all bored while blasting TR off was hilarious. Jeez, why doesn't he do that more often anyway?

Speaking of Ash and Co, it was nice they were kept to a minimal in this one. They didn't do much, but what little they did seemed to play a nice role in the plot, such as Dawn being the one to mention Metagross and then when James was gone saying how dangerous it was. Kudos to the writers!

Now, TR was brilliant. I had to smile at despite how they THINK they can go their seperate ways, we all know without oneanother they'd be lost. I have to admit, I wonder what would have happened if Meowth hadn't had a change of heart and saved J&J. I liked Christopher, and was surprised to hear he worked for TR! Wonder how he felt when Meowth left...

Anyway, great filler building up for the epicness next week!

I claimed Skarmory!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast