Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Noodles: Roamin' Off (585)

Default Noodles: Roamin' Off (585)

Team Rocket Disband!?

Travelling towards the next town, Team Rocket encounter an old friend whom has set up a Ramen shop in their honour. Seeing how successful he has been since he quit Team Rocket, Jessie & James start considering whether their vocation has taken them as far as its going to. Meanwhile, Ash & Co. near to Team Rocket, enter a valley that's inhabited by an Alternate Coloured Metagross...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Smile

Wow, I have a feeling I know the guy who set up this ramen shop in their honor, if I may guess, I would say the guy who gave James his magikarp in season 1. I loved it when James realeased magikarp then automatically became a gyarados. Maybe then team rocket would have finally caught pikachu. What do you think,serebii?

Hehe.
    Ramen Shop.
    Whenever I see that, I picture a kid in headphones with a creepy silver-haired pedo named Josh, trying to help some fat ramen-shop owner get his business back on its feet.
    I really need to stop playing that game.

Anyways, did anything of great importance happen, besides them not actually breaking up, like I knew they wouldn't?

Don't think so.

Yanmega and Seviper saving the day was neat though...well, saving James.
    And Wobbuffet used Counter.
    And then Meowth ended up saving the day.
    Also, it's really cute when Yanmega sits on Seviper's head. :P
    Last edited by Korobooshi Kojiro; 5th March 2009 at 3:35 PM.

the warning metagross sign was awesome.....

i wonder if pokemon were real if they would have warnings like that all over the world for certain species of pokemon..ha ha

and yeah seviper and yanmega saving the day was really awesome and animated nicely

No gimmick review this time, but I'm promising something real good next week (spring break) for the farewell of a certain "bird of a feather".

Like all TR-centered episodes, this was very solid, though I feel they could have done a bit more with it. While it would have been nice to see Jessie rack up a ribbon just to keep that plot moving, there was a lot else going on here (heck, it even ended abruptly). I was more hoping that Random-Filler-Man-from-TR's-Past (who was designed very flatly) would reveal some of the ongoings back at TR HQ, but he was dropped early in the episode.

But holy sh*t, was that a Meowzy cameo in Meowth's fantasy? Upon a quick comparison with framegrabs of "Go West, Young Meowth", IT IS. Neglected TR Pokemon also got a chance to shine here, and looking into Metagross' computerized mind was awesome. Loved Meowth saving the day, with the return of his bazooka in true form. (Remember the hooplah in AG when everyone thought 4Kids would ban the Wynaut episode because of that bazooka? Good times.)

It wasn't as emotional as some past TR outings, nor was the team in full "Badass Mode" like in DP092, but those who pegged this as a "boring filler" made complete asses of themselves, as always.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

It was a good episode in my opinion

Although i thought they could have done alot more with the battle with metagross

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Wow, I loved the continuity to Meowth's former crushes:

That's Meowzie, isn't it? And possibly May's Skitty?

Why is Lopunny there? Meowth didn't crush on that Lopunny we saw, but I do love the continuity with the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Why is Lopunny there? Meowth didn't crush on that Lopunny we saw, but I do love the continuity with the other two.
    Because it's possible Lopunny was a male in that episode.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    It wasn't as emotional as some past TR outings, nor was the team in full "Badass Mode" like in DP092, but those who pegged this as a "boring filler" made complete asses of themselves, as always.
    I don't know personally I found the episode average, it wasn't really anything to write home about.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

You're gonna start some needless debates with that kinda talk around here, pal.

Also, I kinda thought the episode was a bit dull...I mean, the part where Team Rocket fought Metagross was neat, but everything else was "eh". When they entered the Ramen Shop and suddenly I heard a loud voice yelling at them, for a second I thought it was gonna be that shop owner from the Hoenn League.

Pics are up on Serebii.net

So I assume that move our Big Friendly Giant Enemy Crab used to blast TR off was Meteor Mash or Gyro Ball?

I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

I didn't watch the episode, but by looking at the pics, it looks alright. But one thing I have to say is: Jessie looks much better with her hair down like it is after she got wet.

^Made by me^

Heart Gold Friend Code: Kyle 4125-7179-3301 PM me with your friend code if you add me.

What was Metagross using when its eyes went all digital?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    OR (!) the Lopunny in the Stylist episode never played a big role there.

It only appear once talking to Buneary and another when it attacked. Ash and Dawn didn't even 'dex' it.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    What was Metagross using when its eyes went all digital?
    Could it be Lock-On?

Indeed Jessie her hair looked cooler :P

Can someone tell me how the battle went vs Metagross? (What attack did Mime Jr use?)
    meep.

It came to no surprise that I loved this episode. Classic Team Rocket development is always a treat. What was even more amazing was the AD's talent in this episode. Does anyone know who he or she was?

This shows why Jessie should change her haircut. Even drenched, it looks better than her current style. :P

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Like all TR-centered episodes, this was very solid, though I feel they could have done a bit more with it. While it would have been nice to see Jessie rack up a ribbon just to keep that plot moving, there was a lot else going on here (heck, it even ended abruptly). I was more hoping that Random-Filler-Man-from-TR's-Past (who was designed very flatly) would reveal some of the ongoings back at TR HQ, but he was dropped early in the episode.

This.

The episode was good, but I felt it could have been so much better. As outlandish as everyone thought my whole idea of TR splitting up so that focus could be shifted to TG was, maybe something a little more tame could have happened. The way it seemed to flow for me was Meowth got pissed at Jessie and James and decided to go work at a noodle restaurant that just happened to be run by one of their former colleagues. Then Jessie decided to take a day off to practice some appeals. James, with nothing to do, decided to go battle and (maybe) capture a Metagross that was alternately colored (did those two guys in the episode mention that or something).

It didn't seem like a break up episode compared to "The Ole Berate and Switch" from the BF saga. It felt more like 3 subplots strung together in an episode.

I do have to admit it was very refreshing to have 95% of this episode dedicated to TR. I would have liked Jessie to have been in a contest, but then we'd be left wondering why Dawn didn't enter since they were nearby as well.

Best part of the episode by far was Jessie coming to save the day. Megayanma kicked ***!
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

I just watched the episode on youtube,and it was awesome! If only Team Rocket can catch that Metagross,they would be a lot powerful. Also,Jesse looks better when her hair is wet. And Staravia's gonna evolve in next episode!
    I claim Quilava!<3

Pearl Fc: 0517 0306 0808
    Platinum Fc: 0989 8066 6024

Please Click:

Quote Originally Posted by fishyfool View Post
    So I assume that move our Big Friendly Giant Enemy Crab used to blast TR off was Meteor Mash or Gyro Ball?
    it was Gyro Ball,TR actually said that before getting "blasted off again"
    I don't think Metagross used Lock-on(he can't learn that attack as a matter of fact)
    It probably just used its super computer brain to calculate a successful attack pattern(yeah that pokemon is that freaking smart!)

Quote Originally Posted by Meron View Post
    Could it be Lock-On?
    I don't think so. Metagross can't learn Lock-On. Maybe that's how it sees the world, which is awesome.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Wow, I loved the continuity to Meowth's former crushes:

That's Meowzie, isn't it? And possibly May's Skitty?

Is that Meowsy in that pic? Hm I guess I'm not the first that thought that.
    Last edited by Buizelster; 6th March 2009 at 5:48 AM.
    Well let me tell ya something brotha'! The Buizelster doesn't stay down while all the little Buizelmaniacs believe! So what 'cha gonna do now brotha'? What 'cha gonna do when Buizelmania runs wild on youuuuuuuuu!

I loved the warning sign for a Shiny Metagross. It would be awesome if their were warnings like that in game. Some random trainer will bump into you and say "Hey kid, be careful...there's a Shiny (insert Pokemon here) on Rte.... and it's going on a rampage. So it might attack you if you go there."

Seriously a sign like that you would think that area would be swarming with trainers. Sure there is nothing different about it power-wise, but the fact that it is unique is sure to draw a crowd.
    I'm typically inactive between Spring and Fall. I'll be on as often as time allows.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast