Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Shipwreck (016)

Hybrid View

Default Pokémon Shipwreck (016)

Pokémon Shipwreck!

Stuck on the St Anne after it sank, Ash & Co. must team up with Team Rocket in order to find a way off of the boat and back to shore. Can they put their petty differences aside so they can survive?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

To bad they will never try something like this again, after Kanto it still was a good show, but nothing like this, Island of Giant Pokemon ect, would happen anymore. Very nice episode, but I always had a question, when Gyarados uses Dragon Rage, is it just him attacking, or do many Gyarados come to attack?

Magi of all Guest

For the longest time I used this episode to support the fact that Brock had a Starmie, eventhough it is Misty's, when I first saw the episode I though it was Brock's

Ororo Munroe Guest

I like this episode. It had Ash and the others and TR working together which is nice. And it's one of the few episodes where Goldeen's actually used for something.

marilldude Guest

It was nice to see Goldeen have a purpose, but I wish i saw this epi more than once. ITs a Misty episode. Also, Misty must be really obsessed if she has a model of the whole ship in her room!

Ororo Munroe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by marilldude
    Misty must be really obsessed if she has a model of the whole ship in her room!
    Well Misty seems to like things that have to do with water (not just Pokemon) so her having ship models in her room seems more like a hobby then an obsession.

This was an intersting episode.

I really felt sorry for Magikarp when James kicked it in the water. He got what he deserved.

Dragon Rage apparently got a makeover when it was shown in later episodes. maybe it's just Gyarados, or maybe they thought it would make more sense the may it looks now. The Dragon Rage in this episode was kind of weird.

I liked how Pikachu giving Meowth a hard time in this episode.

7.5/10
    Yeah!

Yeah, what Psychic Venusaur said. Poor Magikarp. To think James showed his sensitive side only 3 episodes ago XP. I found it hilarious that TR thought Magikarp would save them. It was hilarity watching it flail there, trying escape. And then the funeral for TR. If only they'd postponed their awakening for another minute .

Overall rating:
    9.0 out of 10!!!
    About as good as its predecessor, and that's a good thing!!

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Majikarp was hilarious! If only James recalled it back into its pokeball, they would gotten Pikachu easily with a Gyarados.

Another great episode! Mortal danger just doesn't happen like this in Hoenn.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

except maybe that episode Ash got Torkoal, those pokemon did intend to literally tear them apart

I always wondered why Kojirou couldn't simply recall Gyaradosu into it's ball. Not only would it have saved them a lot of trouble, he would have had a really powerful pokémon on his side. Plotwise though, it's good that he didn't think of that because they would have never come across the island of the giant pokémon and it would have basically ruined the whole arc.XP

Overall, this episode was a true classic- as were all of the episodes in the St. Anne arc.

Ah yes, Pokemon does "The Poseidon Adventure". Too bad I've never seen the original movie.

This episode was pretty good. The part with Officer Jenny at the beginning, and Jessie and James making sweet talk, were very touching scenes (though how would Officer Jenny have known the twerps' and Team Rocket's names?). I also like the parts when the groups reluctantly shake hands (LOL), the twerps freaking out when Team Rocket turn out to be alive- twice, and everybody drooling over the thought of eating magickarp.

One or two quibbles, though- shouldn't Misty have known Team Rocket didn't previously have a water pokemon? I mean, for sure she wouldn't have seen magickarp yet, and up to that point Team Rocket's only shown two pokemon. Also, it's funny that Team Rocket didn't use ekans to escape, since "The Misty Mermaid" proved Arbok can handle being underwater just fine.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

This episode proves to be a nice, eventful bridge between "The Battle of the St. Anne" and "Island of the Giant Pokémon". If anything, it allowed for a bit more character study, as we learn that Musashi and Kojirou, in spite of all the bickering between them, really do care about what happens to one another.

Interesting side note: When Musashi and Kojirou are flailing around with their heads on fire in the kitchen, you can hear what is unmistakably the Hanna-Barbera "bongo run" sound effect used in cartoons such as "The Flintstones" and "Yogi Bear". Surprised me a bit to hear such a well-known American sound effect used in a Japanese anime (and yes, it's there in the original too).

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Something I find amusing here. When Ekans, Koffing, Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Geodude are out, the ship loses its balance and the Pokémon must be recalled. Yet moment's later, Onix is sent out, and the ship doesn't even shudder. You'd have thought being a giant rock snake, Onix would be slightly heavy.

Hunter
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

A pretty decent epi. The plot was good and it had some funny moments. We need more epi's like this

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

This is another one of my favorite episodes. I haven't seen it for ages though. Anyways the whole shipwreck thing was interesting and to think James was so close to having a Gyarados.

Man I miss the old episodes but this will always be the best one for me. I screamed Titanic the whole time(In my Head) Even though i know this will never happen, they need to send Ash, Brock, and Misty on another cruise that like blows up.
    It's Carnivine Time...yeah.

Mystery Dungeon Time Team
    Team Rythm
    Terry , and Perry

Great episode, however I didn't like Misty being bossy.

This episode was identical to the Poseidon Adventure
    [IMG]

[/IMG]

I would have been the same way as James. I wouldn't have crossed those vines either. If you fall, it's over. (O.O) But, I wish James would have returned Gyarados, it would have been awesome on his team.

It's episodes like this that made Pokemon good. Now every episode has the same basic plot.
    1. Ash and co arive some place.
    2. The make one or more friends for the episode who are never seen again.
    3. An event happens, usually a battle or some guy has a problem.
    4. Team Rocket interupts and say their motto.
    5. They beat Team Rocket who blast off to some far place but come back.
    6. The resolve the problem or don't even complete the battle and their friends forever however they're usually never seen or mentioned again.

Good episode. The Magikarp and Team Rocket part was funny.

Very good episode, like the whole "The Poseidon Adventure" remake. Nice opening for the show of jenny holding a memorial for our five main characters, though I wonder if their next of kin were notified since I don't think they make any reference to this episode a couple of episodes later. Nice to see Misty take charge in this episode and lead the gang to safety. When TR and the gang had their Pokemon out and the ship was listing from one side to the other it's interesting to note that Koffing is the only Pokemon not putting any extra weight on the ship and yet it's called back. I'm surprised Misty didn't lend Staryu to TR since she didn't know they had a Magikarp, but at least they made it out safely. I like the part where Pikachu snaps its fingers after Meowth got back on board the raft that was funny. Poor Magikarp being treated like that by James after it saved their life's i'm glad it evolved into Gyarados unfortunately for our gang they got caught up in it's revenge, i'm surprised James never called it back and just left it on the raft.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I like this episode. I love it when Ash and Team Rocket team up.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast