Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Island of Giant Pokémon! (017)

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    Lol I wish the mechanical Zapdos had been a real one. I liked the bar scene with the Slowpoke and lost Pokemon in the forest.
    Of course they couldn't show the Pokemon actually drinking...that stuff.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
    Shippings I support: Ash/Misty, Drew/May, Kenny/Dawn, Ash's Pikachu/Dawn's Buneary, Tracey/Daisy, Cilan/Iris, Clemont/Serena, Harley/Zoey, James/Jessie, Max/Bonnie, Max/Mira, Max/Vivi Winstrate (I multiship Max and only Max), Butch/Cassidy, Gary/Lillie, Kiawe/Lana, Sophocles/Mallow, Lunick/Solana, Wes/Rui, Brendan/Game May

RIP Blake Carrington, Ben Matlock, Joe Mannix, JR Ewing, Jim Phelps
    GeekChicShipping National Anthem

I liked seeing subtitles for when the Pokemon on the island talked and the scenes on the roller coaster car were pretty entertaining. 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    I liked the bar scene with the Slowpoke and lost Pokemon in the forest.
    That part of the episode confused me cuz Slowpoke was suddenly the bartender even tho we had only seen him blankly fishing on the coast in every other scene. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    That part of the episode confused me cuz Slowpoke was suddenly the bartender even tho we had only seen him blankly fishing on the coast in every other scene. ^^
    Actually that was a Slowbro at the bar. You can see its belly stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    Actually that was a Slowbro at the bar. You can see its belly stripes.
    Huh I hadn't even noticed that. I guess I just assumed that it was the same Slowpoke that Pikachu's group saw at the shore, but I guess it wasn't. ^^;

Good episode especially with the subtitles. My favorite part was when we saw Giovanni getting mad that his theme park was ruined.

I liked watching Pikachu, Fushigidane, Hitokage, Zenigame, and the Rocket-dan's Pokemon getting into all sorts of adventures on the island, and the bar scene itself was surreal. The island's mechanical Pokemon were frightening, and I liked how Musashi and Kojirou tried calling Sakaki to ask for assistance.

I loved that the cast's Pokemon themselves got an episode all to themselves: I liked to see what they really thought of Ash and their trainers. Loved the end, with the whole train chase and the mechanical Pokemon crashing into each other.

Wow I liked the whole giant Pokemon and the Pokemon getting separated from their trainers, it's good that Pikachu and the others got subtitles when they were talking it really gave them character to bad we never get subtitles again in the series for the Pokemon we have to rely on Meowth to translate. Watching TR was funny. I laughed when they decided to do their motto over the telephone to Giovanni.

Weird and somewhat creepy episode. I liked seeing all the Pokemon interact with each other, including Team Rocket's Pokemon. unfortunately it seems like they overuse the general plot of this episode alot throughout the rest of the anime which makes this episode feel less unique now

Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl Fan~ View Post
    Weird and somewhat creepy episode. I liked seeing all the Pokemon interact with each other, including Team Rocket's Pokemon. unfortunately it seems like they overuse the general plot of this episode alot throughout the rest of the anime which makes this episode feel less unique now
    I liked the idea that Pokémon themselves aren't truly evil, and they only do evil things because their Trainers tell them to. Unfortunately, that idea appears to have been scrapped by later seasons. A real shame, too.

(Banner made by me, Satomine Night)
    Request a banner from Studio Satomine Graphics
    More signature banners: You Fool! | Suspicious Classmates | Laugh Together | Got Nassy?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl Fan~ View Post
    While separation episodes like this one have now been done to death, at least this one had subtitles for the Pokemon scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Satomine Night View Post
    I liked the idea that Pokémon themselves aren't truly evil, and they only do evil things because their Trainers tell them to. Unfortunately, that idea appears to have been scrapped by later seasons. A real shame, too.
    Eh, I like the fact that Pokemon can be evil without needing their Trainers to be evil. I've always taken Ekans statement as its own naive belief rather than a statement of fact. There do seem to be differing levels of sentience between Pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderingMist View Post
    So...what's the likelihood of them keeping the nickname thing in the dub? Betting they'll go with Snowball if they decide to keep it.

Would you like to know whereabouts of the London Underground?

Taken from Serebii Episode pictures EP 928

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456