Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Island of Giant Pokémon! (017)

An exciting episode, I really enjoyed it. I like the whole giant Pokemon and the Pokemon getting separated from their trainers, it's good that Pikachu and the others got subtitles when they were talking it really gave them character to bad we never get subtitles again in the series for the Pokemon we have to rely on Meowth to translate. Watching TR was funny I laughed when they decided to do their motto over the telephone to Giovanni, really thats a good way of getting your self's fired and when they encountered Pikachu and it turned out to be Bigachu hilarious. I enjoyed seeing the Pokemon at the sushi cart to bad it got edited I would've liked to seen the whole thing.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

One of the best episode. The subtitles, giant Pokemon and everything was quite hilarious. So, I give it a...................
    I want to relive the days of Johto and experience it in a newer, cooler, revamped way. GF must remake Gold and Silver like they did with Red and Blue. If you agree, copy and paste this into your sig
    (Started by Fighting Dark Man)

One of the best episode. The subtitles, giant Pokemon and everything was quite hilarious. So, I give it a:
    10/10!!
    I want to relive the days of Johto and experience it in a newer, cooler, revamped way. GF must remake Gold and Silver like they did with Red and Blue. If you agree, copy and paste this into your sig
    (Started by Fighting Dark Man)

Through the subtitles, you are able to see the difference in the trainers of the pokémon. Pikachu, Bulbasaur etc were pretty 'well spoken', whereas Ekans and Koffing's grammar was really poor, through a lack of interaction and 'time well spent' with Jessie and James.
    I enjoyed this episode, but wonder why these Giant Pokémon that are there for amusement, attack visitors? Surely that would bring some kind of lawsuit back on Giovanni eventually if anyone ever got hurt?
    Why was there a Zapdos and Moltres, but no Articuno I also wonder...?

Do the Robot!

This episode was worth it just to see the pokemon talk. One of my all time favourites.

Marching On Together

English And Proud

A very good episode, I have it on tape. It was nice hearing the pokemon talk.

But my issues are:

1. Those robots must be several tons in weight, and so would need an incredible amount of pull to move them. How is it that a flimsy little mine cart that weighs much less than them is able to pull 6+ at the same time?!

Lost my Platinum, so that's not good. On the other hand, I have heartgold and my FC is:

Jimmy

5070 6163 8015

Quote Originally Posted by iraqmaster
    Those robots must be several tons in weight, and so would need an incredible amount of pull to move them. How is it that a flimsy little mine cart that weighs much less than them is able to pull 6+ at the same time?!
    With the power of lulz.
    Nurse Joy: We hope to see you again! (Translation: We hope you get the crap beaten out of you so that you require medical treatment again!) Not so nice in a different light, is it?

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

This episode was one of the strangest ones I've ever seen until I realized the Pokemon were just robots.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Anyone 4 Buttons? View Post
    I enjoyed this episode, but wonder why these Giant Pokémon that are there for amusement, attack visitors? Surely that would bring some kind of lawsuit back on Giovanni eventually if anyone ever got hurt?
    Why was there a Zapdos and Moltres, but no Articuno I also wonder...?
    Well, there were sections of the park that were off limits, perhaps there was a secret Rocket operation hidden somewhere on the island. What better way to protect it than enormous bloodthirsty robots?
    ~

This was an awesome episode. I loved how we had subtitles
    (template from Jerkfighter)

I really liked this, mostly because of the interaction between all of the pokemon, very interesting that although they are made to battle each other all of the time, here when they are all out of the pokeballs they are friends, I like this aspect.

i really enjoyed watching this episode, this one is on my top list of favorites, 10/10^^

Team Rocket and the giant Pikachu. Oh lord I laughed so hard XD; I also loved that bit with all the Pokemon gathered around a Japanese-style bar. Bulbasaur was growling at Squirtle, Ekans and Koffing were crying, Pikachu was consoling them, and Slowpoke surveyed everything. Loved it! Oh Bulbasaur, you mean drunk you XD
    Last edited by Tadashi; 15th October 2008 at 8:32 PM. Reason: rank up!
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

This is one of my favorite episodes....especially those Ekans and Koffing moments.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I also loved that bit with all the Pokemon gathered around a Japanese-style bar. Bulbasaur was growling at Squirtle, Ekans and Koffing were crying, Pikachu was consoling them, and Slowpoke surveyed everything. Loved it! Oh Bulbasaur, you mean drunk you XD
    Lol, yes...the glory days of Pokemon before it went global, thus before nobody gave a damn about anything that could be seen too offensive or mature. I'm hoping we have another episode like this sometime, just to piss off those uptight mothers, americans, etc.

I liked this episode because they actually translated the Pokespeak. Why they didn't do it for the movie specials, I have no idea...

One more thing: "It's a good sign." XD

The drunk scene. One of the most brilliant moments in the series, to my way of thinking.

And I wish they'd do another translation episode- I'd love to hear what Wobbuffet is actually saying!

Wobbofet wasn't in that episode, I dont htink wobbofet wasent even made!!!

I loved that episode my fav. 10/10
    Drunk ekens!!!!!!

---------- join ever grande city, a fun and new pokemon forum!! // tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Joker View Post
    Wobbofet wasn't in that episode, I dont htink wobbofet wasent even made!!!

I loved that episode my fav. 10/10
    Drunk ekens!!!!!!
    I know. That's why I said I wished they would do another translation episode.

This episode was really lulz. Giant Pikachu, Kabutops, whatever :P. It was quite humorous and enjoyable.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

When i first saw it, i thought the giant Pokemon were real.

I feel a bit stupid now.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

I love this episode where the Pokemon where talking ^_^
    Squirtle is so cute =3
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I love this ep. The ep were u see big pokemons and talking pokemons. The funnies part everyone thought that those big pokemons were real.XD

This episode is one of the best ones ever. All of Ash's Pokemon (minus Butterfree and Pidgeotto) and Team Rocket's Pokemon gets major spotlight here since they get separated from their trainers. We even get to see subtitles to see what they're saying! Very creative instead of having the Pokemon talk in the dub since it's impossible.

It was actually nice to see what the Pokemon are actually saying, rather than having Meowth translating for them.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

This was a pretty wild episode for me. I was convinced that those were huge Pokemon in fact. But once they were seen as robots, I totally gave myself a relief and a nice calm facepalm.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast